••!•• Would you prefer: Day 13+14

Elieson

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Insert what Anacybele said here*

You know, if you're going to make a post like this, you need to at least actually quote the person.

Anyway, what is the topic for today? It's not in the title or the first post I definitely think they should have a tome triangle, but they also need to make better use of it than they typically do.

I would like it if magic mattered more in general. As things are, though, the magic triangle isn't something I usually pay attention to. It affected some things in the GBA games occasionally, but I think I just ignored it in Tellius and was fine.

Sometimes I do a randomized run, I got the idea from Specta.

You basically RNG your unit set every map and for games with pairings like fe4 [this would be the only thing rng'd because FE4 allows all characters all maps haha] and fe13 you RNG those as well. Sometimes even classes when the reclass option is available

Edited by Jedi

Day 4:

Do you have any self-imposed challenges/rules that you use in casual runs?

What do you mean by "casual runs?"

Technically not letting anybody die is a self-imposed rule.

For my next Tear Ring Saga run, I plan to avoid contacting Narcius and kill Zeek before he can recruit himself.

Mostly out of curiosity how this affects things along the road. Narcius could affect tons of events along the way and if Zeek is killed by the player, he will not be saved like he would be if he was recruited.

Otherwise I will make sure to use all the characters that I didn't give a shot last time.

For my Awakening run, I gave Robin a highly suboptimal build (+luck -speed) and kept her in the back until I could un-equip Veteran.

She ended up as a support bot.

Never use jeigans. Ever. If I can, I make the Jeigan character stay behind and do nothing. I literally don't even move them. As soon as they don't have to be selected, I never use them again.

Sometimes I do a randomized run, I got the idea from Specta.

You basically RNG your unit set every map and for games with pairings like fe4 [this would be the only thing rng'd because FE4 allows all characters all maps haha] and fe13 you RNG those as well. Sometimes even classes when the reclass option is available

This is awesome.

And a download only localization of FE12...

WHY DONT YOU TAKE MY MONEY. IM GIVING IT TO YOU THROUGH THE SCREEN.

Would buy 10/10

Err, anyway, yeah on topic: I do more selfimposed challenges than anything in FE nowadays but, they dont really count as casual playthroughs so idk.

Well self-imposed is different from say, LTC, Draft, etc. if you just threw on say FE7, a casual self-imposed rule-challenge might be something like Only Blue Haired units, or No Jeigan use, ban Silver and up Weaponry, or 5 man team or something.

I forget who asked for clarity.

I randomize things, as Jed conveniently already described for me.

Adapting is fun.

:D it's very fun and I thank you once more for introducing me to the playstyle.

Well self-imposed is different from say, LTC, Draft, etc. if you just threw on say FE7, a casual self-imposed rule-challenge might be something like Only Blue Haired units, or No Jeigan use, ban Silver and up Weaponry, or 5 man team or something.

I forget who asked for clarity.

I asked

and you still didn't answer if "no deaths" or "recruit everybody" count.

Not usually, but I have done female-only runs for most of the FEs. There's also that time where I did a pure Sethsolo and that other time where I only used Eirika and anyone from Jehanna.

I plan on doing a Marcus solo HHM some day, and I tried a Echidna solo FE6 (NM) and she herself did well but Roy kept on getting sleep'd and bolting'd in 20 and there's basically no way around that because there's like 5 of them. Fuck Roy you suck.

Edit: no deaths/recruit everyone is a given

Except on fe5 female only run where I didn't bother with xavier because that much effort for a dude in a female only run is

Nope

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Also other then the randomized runs, I'm going to start doing Affinity based runs sometime where my FE7 affinity [Wind] are the only units I can use in the games with affinity