Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

I have no idea why he would do such a thing. I really have no clue. I also have no idea why anyone would investigate a claimed PGO, but I am inexperienced in most mafia-playing aspects, so I really don't know.

[...]

Not to my knowledge, although I don't think scum get PGOs very often (do they?).

[...]

The problem with this is that if Weapons is insane or paranoid, then he could legitimately have gotten a scum result when he investigated me.

I would say the better course of action would be to lynch Weapons if he's still around Day 4, since if he did investigate me he's dead at the end of Day 3 anyways, and if he's lying then he's either scum or incredibly stupid.

Claims aren't always true (we are playing, after all, Fakeclaim Mafia) and so if he didn't believe your claim, he might take a risk.

Thanks to your 3-phase delay, your role isn't confirmed. Scum don't get PGO too often, but they do fakeclaim it.

Insane/Paranoid cops are pretty rare here, and I think exist only in games tagged "Bastard" (although it would be nice if a checker could confirm this?). In normal games, results are accurate. That said, it was sort of the reasoning behind my suggesting we wait? Maybe there's a Lawyer type role that makes town look scum. (Of course, then that person would have had to target the claimed PGO too...)

I'm really confused by Bizz's recent post. Was townreading him, but then he was on the Scorri flashwagon, and boy that post was hard to parse...

Potential scum intent for Weapons' motivation: maybe he targeted Euklyd with (literally anything), realized he was going to die, and decided to waste a town lynch in the process. Doubtful, but possible.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't have any good defenses because I've been being stupid the entire game. My best defense at this point is probably that if I was indeed scum I would have scumbuddies coaching me and so I wouldn't be making all these mistakes.

Does this defense bother anyone a lot or is it just me

I guess scum having a X-shot hook & an actual hook is a bit of weird overlap.

Ugh

##Unvote

##Vote Paperblade

I'm really not sure where his case on scorri was (She hopped from Leading-wagon Refa to Euklyd, when he himself thought the Refa thing was bad...?). That reasoning is pretty lame actually. I can see that as fishing for logic in a shallow pond. I mean I can understand your "scorri is inconsistent" thing, but considering Bizz was inconsistent (just one example), why is scorri the only player that matters when it comes to that?

Also yeah I was on the scorri wasgon because I'm stupid and fell for SB's 'role mixup' and thought scorri was scummier for being unmemorable and I would have wanted an Elie lynch more but no one was going to go with that at the time

there's really no further explanation for that

##Vote: Euklyd

I actually don't like a lot of his defenses today, he's pulling the newbie card far too much for my liking.

Does this defense bother anyone a lot or is it just me

I'm not getting any scumvibes off of it. Honestly, I'd expect scum to BS a defense rather than just straight up admit they have none when confronted.

Not really.

Your reads are waffle-y, especially early
You dropped your Refa read for no reason when it looked like he could be lynched when the SB wagon died down a bit after he subbed in
Overall feels lurky
SB's claim is townier than yours

Doesn't really explain why I'm scummier than SB except for the fact that his claim is townier, so pure rolespec for that bit. Why was he so much townier?

No, my point is that it wasn't exactly super well explained and you never said why you thought SB was town besides "he wouldn't claim vanilla." You completely dropped all of your suspicions on Manix after SB subbed in.

Votals

Paperblade (3): Scorri, Boron, Elieson

Polydeuces (1): Refa

Euklyd (2): Weapons, Bizz

Not Voting (7): Kay, Polydeuces, Euklyd, Psych, Grassbridger, Paperblade, Eclipse

With 13 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch at deadline and 7 votes to hammer. Phase ends on September 29th at 9PM EDT (September 30th at 1AM GMT). You have slightly under 68 hours remaining.

All right, Wallcrab's ISO link is updated. Looking through his ISO, he doesn't seem to have a lot of interactions past early game, the only major ones I can find are a case on Grassbridger, telling Euklyd that an OMGUS is not a good reason to vote, sheeping Manix's Refa vote and then saying Manix is scummy but it was "more of a vibe than a read", and town reading Levity hard.

I'm not sure whether to take his interaction with Euklyd as "coaching" or just trying to look like contributing something when he's not, but I don't think he'd tie himself to Levity by calling her his strongest town read, kind of looks like scum buddying town rather than scum buddying scum.

Stop calling it rolespec.

Rolespec is when you lynch the cop because you don't think there's one in the game, or you lynch the Doctor because there's a flipped Watcher and you think having both in the game is overpowered. It's when you speculate about the game setup and make lynches based on that while ignoring everything that players do.

Saying "I do not think that mafia would claim a role that no one would miss on Day 1 because it will just get them lynched" is not rolespec. Note that in this case it is based on the actions of the player, it just happens to involve their role. Claiming vanilla means either you are suicidal mafia or are actually just a vanilla townie, and why would you be suicidal?

@Refa: Reason I didn't vote was actually because I missed the deadline due to watching excessive amounts of Fairy Tail the last few days. No joke.

##Vote: Paperblade

He seems the sketchiest to me right now, but I'll probably end up changing this at least once over the course of the next two or three days.

When you're screaming misrep, it's definitely relevant if she's not misrepping you.

Paper, your ISO has a ton of active lurking and basically no scumhunting in it. Where are your reads?

The only reason I'm not voting Paperblade right now is that it's early, he's already got 4 votes on him, and I don't want us to forget about people other than him and Euklyd. He's still my top scumread.