Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

At this point I'm town siding because I have no ties to scum and nothing really to gain by it. The difference is, I'm still scumhunting.

My issue with this is that by claiming you're 3rd party survivor, you've essentially given scum one less person to kill. Whether or not you're scumhunting is one thing, but the fact remains that you win by not getting lynched, so that is really your only goal.

I'd still like to lynch Refa since I feel like his Day 2 has been more scummy and less "new player mistakes," but I wouldn't really cry if Euklyd got lynched.

AFAIK, you haven't explained either of those reads, so I'd appreciate it if you do. The only mistake I made on Day 2 was suggesting we turbolynch Euklyd when I was convinced he was scum.

Yeah, I'm not sure why we're discussing Elieson over here because lol lynching third doesn't really screw us over when two of the mafia are already dead.

I'm....honestly not sure what your train of thought is with this one. Care to explain?

I actually want Refa to get in here and talk. I have something i want to ask him

I'm assuming this is about my role, but just in case, what is it?

Boron, i think that instead of you, Refa should probably claim. He was probably the one responsible for your Redirect?

Honestly, I'd rather not claim until tomorrow unless I'm forced too. I will however say that I was not responsible for the redirect, but whether or not that was from town or scum (or third party) is beyond me at this point.

I would be down on a Refa lynch in the sense that it gives me a better idea of the other player's thoughts. I haven't fully read Refa's ISO yet though so dunno why he's scummy as of now.

So you'd be willing to lynch someone who you don't even know is scummy or not?...what

I might as well give my reads now; scorri has barely done any scumhunting all of Day 2 and what's passed of Day 3 (to my knowledge she's just been tunneling on Paperblade), not sure whether Elieson is telling the truth abut his role (I believe it's possible that he is the SK, not that he will claim anything of the sort), and Euklyd has not done that much since Weapons reaction test in Day 2. His recent suspicions seem more like a copout from his Day 2 reads, which suggests that his opinions have not been influenced by any of the recent events which bothers me. I'm not confident enough in any of these to lay down a vote, but these are all people I'm watching out for.

As for people who are in null reads, I'm honestly questioning the effectiveness of Weapon's various reaction tests and fakeclaims; not sure whether to choke that one up to a difference in playstyles or scuminness. And honestly, Paperblade's role does seem rather OP, although I'm not particularly good at rolespec and tbh I thought the same thing about Shinori's role.

Everyone else I'm still reading as town.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refa, I really think you should claim your role.

My issue with this is that by claiming you're 3rd party survivor, you've essentially given scum one less person to kill. Whether or not you're scumhunting is one thing, but the fact remains that you win by not getting lynched, so that is really your only goal.

I win by not getting lynched and not getting shot by anyone, which is a challenge I have to constantly maintain and be concerned about. No matter which side I "side" with, I risk getting killed by the other. There's also an unclaimed killer running around, and based on the town Wincon and the lack of an SK claim/flip, it's probably an SK anyway.

I'm also primary candidate for being shot by a town Vigilante, because that's what Vigs do; they shoot inactive players and they shoot third party players, and then they shoot scum. I have reason to be killed by anyone capable of killing, so if you think that I am not getting lynched is the only fear I face, you're drastically mistaken.

I'm assuming this is about my role, but just in case, what is it?

• What's your role,
  • Who did you target during N1
  • Who did you target during N2?

Answer any or all of those questions in your next post, please. If you haven't noticed, you're looking rather scummy and receiving negative attention from various players besides myself. If you care to remedy this, you may want to answer me.

Honestly, I'd rather not claim until tomorrow unless I'm forced too. I will however say that I was not responsible for the redirect, but whether or not that was from town or scum (or third party) is beyond me at this point.

Based on the information that's been released/crumbed across the game, you are a very likely candidate for being responsible for these unexplained redirects. I'm accusing you of it, and would like you to either claim it or prove me wrong. FYI if you are responsible for the redirects, it has the potential to affect my chances of survival due to the mechanics of my role itself.

So you'd be willing to lynch someone who you don't even know is scummy or not?...what

I might as well give my reads now; scorri has barely done any scumhunting all of Day 2 and what's passed of Day 3 (to my knowledge she's just been tunneling on Paperblade), not sure whether Elieson is telling the truth abut his role (I believe it's possible that he is the SK, not that he will claim anything of the sort), and Euklyd has not done that much since Weapons reaction test in Day 2. His recent suspicions seem more like a copout from his Day 2 reads, which suggests that his opinions have not been influenced by any of the recent events which bothers me. I'm not confident enough in any of these to lay down a vote, but these are all people I'm watching out for.

As for people who are in null reads, I'm honestly questioning the effectiveness of Weapon's various reaction tests and fakeclaims; not sure whether to choke that one up to a difference in playstyles or scuminness. And honestly, Paperblade's role does seem rather OP, although I'm not particularly good at rolespec and tbh I thought the same thing about Shinori's role.

Everyone else I'm still reading as town.

So you have no scumreads strong enough to place a vote on? Seriously now? You just said you think scorri and Euklyd are scummy, so you saying "i think they're scummy but I don't wanna vote for them" isn't helping convey any of your actual thoughts. According to that statement, we don't even know which is more scummy compared to the other (in your eyes).

Refa, I really think you should claim your role.

Then I'll either a) get lynched because people don't believe me or b) get mafia/SK killed. Again, would rather not do it till tomorrow.

I win by not getting lynched and not getting shot by anyone, which is a challenge I have to constantly maintain and be concerned about. No matter which side I "side" with, I risk getting killed by the other. There's also an unclaimed killer running around, and based on the town Wincon and the lack of an SK claim/flip, it's probably an SK anyway.

I'm also primary candidate for being shot by a town Vigilante, because that's what Vigs do; they shoot inactive players and they shoot third party players, and then they shoot scum. I have reason to be killed by anyone capable of killing, so if you think that I am not getting lynched is the only fear I face, you're drastically mistaken.

My point wasn't that your win condition was unbalanced. Rather you have no reason to be aiding town because you win as long as they don't lynch you. I agree that not getting shot by anyone was a concern for you on D1/D2, however now that we're out of vig shots (AFAIK, as noone has claimed one of the two kills yesteday and it was on someone noone had a scum read on) and mafia/SK (assuming you're not SK) have better targets than a survivor, I'd say your chances of getting shot D3 and onwards are rather low, at least in comparison to everyone else.

• What's your role,
  • Who did you target during N1
  • Who did you target during N2?

Answer any or all of those questions in your next post, please. If you haven't noticed, you're looking rather scummy and receiving negative attention from various players besides myself. If you care to remedy this, you may want to answer me.

-Not mentioning my role

-Targeted Kay/Marth N1

-Targeted noone N2, due to the parameters of my role

Based on the information that's been released/crumbed across the game, you are a very likely candidate for being responsible for these unexplained redirects. I'm accusing you of it, and would like you to either claim it or prove me wrong. FYI if you are responsible for the redirects, it has the potential to affect my chances of survival due to the mechanics of my role itself.

I've already denied your claims, and considering my role has no redirecting abilities that I know of, claiming it would do nothing to prove you wrong.

So you have no scumreads strong enough to place a vote on? Seriously now? You just said you think scorri and Euklyd are scummy, so you saying "i think they're scummy but I don't wanna vote for them" isn't helping convey any of your actual thoughts. According to that statement, we don't even know which is more scummy compared to the other (in your eyes).

I'm not sure which one I find scummier, which is why I haven't voted on one yet. It's not that I don't want to vote for them, but rather that they're the only people I'd be willing to support a lynch on.

My point wasn't that your win condition was unbalanced. Rather you have no reason to be aiding town because you win as long as they don't lynch you. I agree that not getting shot by anyone was a concern for you on D1/D2, however now that we're out of vig shots (AFAIK, as noone has claimed one of the two kills yesteday and they were on someone noone had a scum read on) and mafia/SK (assuming you're not SK) have better targets than a survivor, I'd say your chances of getting shot D3 and onwards are rather low, at least in comparison to everyone else.

stoopid typoes

Yeah, I'm not sure why we're discussing Elieson over here because lol lynching third doesn't really screw us over when two of the mafia are already dead.

I'm more concerned about why my action failed on psych because the scum hooker was lynched D1 so unless Psych has an ascetic modifier there should've been no way my action failed on Psych.

If I do, I don't know about it.

Also Paper clarify what you mean about me being sure of my results.

I'm blind though, cause I don't know Boron's role. Unless he's safeguard or driver or something.

also what

I don't think lynching thirds is scummy, and I don't think Paper is scummy, but I think the way he's going about it could be better. Also I believe Elie's claim for now.

Votals

Paperblade (3): Elieson, Eclipse, Scorri

Elieson (1): Marth

Refa (2): Weapons, Paperblade

Not Voting (4): Euklyd, Refa, Boron, Psych

With 10 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer. Phase ends on October 3rd at 9PM EDT (October 4th at 1AM GMT). You have slightly over 49 hours left in the phase.

I don't think an sk (ha abbreviated to so on ma phone) and a survivor would be aligned, unless you're saying that elieson is the only 3rd party?

like he's third party but I can't quote the results BBM gave me and I have no idea if there's like an SK and survivor and it's two individual 3rd parties or what but elieson is not town and he's not mafia

I think discussing about Elieson and lynching him is a waste of time because he's third and not town so lynching him is fine. And if he ends up as harmless third we won't lose much either since we've already taken out two scum so its not like we're in immediate danger.

I'm fine with lynching you because everyone has a say about you and I think there'd be better associative reads and I don't feel like lynching paperblade because I don't think what he did D1 would make sense as scum. Also any case I make at this stage would basically be "You haven't done anything but so-and-so so you're scummy and I wanna lynch you."

The only thing that probably pings me is the fact that Euklyd claimed a fakeclaim which was never claimed in-game I believe? I dunno how that constitutes as a 'failed fakeclaim' and I'd probably lynch him based on that flavour but I mean really that's the only slightly different case I can think of right now.

I don't see how you being the vanilla and there being a confirmed vanilla via flip is any different

Elieson is claimed scum

D1: The only information I have is in front of me.

After D1: There's more flipped roles that a backup can use than vanillas. Thus, I see how it could work in the context of this game.

Are you doing this to drive a lynch on me/scorri, or are you "just saying" that (which I find scummy, BTW)?

My point wasn't that your win condition was unbalanced. Rather you have no reason to be aiding town because you win as long as they don't lynch you. I agree that not getting shot by anyone was a concern for you on D1/D2, however now that we're out of vig shots (AFAIK, as noone has claimed one of the two kills yesteday and it was on someone noone had a scum read on) and mafia/SK (assuming you're not SK) have better targets than a survivor, I'd say your chances of getting shot D3 and onwards are rather low, at least in comparison to everyone else.

This is backwards. The minute that I think that Elieson is not contributing is the minute I push for his lynch.

I'm not sure which one I find scummier, which is why I haven't voted on one yet. It's not that I don't want to vote for them, but rather that they're the only people I'd be willing to support a lynch on.

You're more likely to get reads by doing it yourself. Mafia benefits from people who don't vote, not town.

Currently reading Paper as slightly leaning scum (that question I keep asking isn't rhetorical). As his claimed role makes it impossible for town to figure out what he is via night results, I'm keeping my vote where it is. I don't care for Refa, either, but I think getting a read on Paperblade is more important right now (since what he's claimed means that he'll never flip short of a lynch).

In NPoT you brought it up Day 2 when there was a dead vig and dead doc, since I didn't claim it until Day 2. And I do think it's scummy because the reasons you are giving for this to be different don't make sense to me.

I also think it's a little weird that you're trying to tie yourself to scorri here, you could be scum not bringing this up because you didn't want to look bad pushing scorri. scorri doesn't have to be your scumbuddy and I don't think I ever suggested it

I also think it's a little weird that you're trying to tie yourself to scorri here, you could be scum not bringing this up because you didn't want to look bad pushing scorri. scorri doesn't have to be your scumbuddy and I don't think I ever suggested it

It's WHAT you're suggesting. Here's what I read:

- I'm acting differently than the games you mentioned where there's a backup

- scorri has claimed backup in this game

- Therefore, such a mention means that you think it's worth bringing up

- What I can't figure out is WHY you're mentioning this. It's a weak read at best.

This does not take into account the following:

- In both games I contested it, I was vanilla; thus, a backup looked unnecessary as per my role

Whether or not you can figure out the difference is not important, if you're doing this as a "just saying". Either way, by not acknowledging my side of the argument, it looks scummy.

I don't see why there is a difference between "I myself am vanilla so it is unnecessary" and "Other people are vanilla as confirmed by the OP and flips so it is unnecessary."

I'm responding. ;/

It's a matter of perspective. The information I have is the sum of what's in this thread and my role PM. If a claim makes no sense in the context of my role, I'll contest it (that's a huge factor for me). If it does make sense, I won't contest it. Does that clear it up?

The only thing that probably pings me is the fact that Euklyd claimed a fakeclaim which was never claimed in-game I believe? I dunno how that constitutes as a 'failed fakeclaim' and I'd probably lynch him based on that flavour but I mean really that's the only slightly different case I can think of right now.

thanks BBM :P:

If I wanted to make up a role, I wouldn't choose something that obscure, even if I did have any idea it existed (and I'd never read any of Schoolboy Mafia, so I had no idea).

I'm a failed fakeclaim because I wasn't even claimed until after Schoolboy Mafia was over, which makes it even worse.

If you care, Haze's original fakeclaim is here, and while mine is of course not identical, that's the source and is how the role works (although no post restriction, obviously).

I'm not really getting many scumreads and I'm a bit busy with an essay, and basically the strongest most interesting suspicion (it's not even a 'suspicion', much more 'curiosity') I have ATM I feel like I ought to see what happens N3 before trying to make anything out of it.

Kinda reading Paperblade as scummy, like I've said earlier. His attacks on Elieson and eclipse just seem sorta 'off' to me, especially going on about eclipse's behavior in a couple past games which doesn't really make sense to me, but then again I can't really meta well.

Not a huge fan of Refa, but other than the turbolynch push D2 I don't recall any other scumminess off the top of my head.

I ought to vote, and will vote Paperblade if the day is closer to ending without much change from things as they stand right now, but since Paperblade is at L-1, I'm fine with holding off.

I'm getting a pretty strong townread on Sangyul, although of course I'm not sure, and there are alternate explanations than the one I favor. I don't feel a need to spell out the three obvious possibilities, since they don't seem like they actually mean a lot (and are obvious), but I can provide them if anyone cares.

I'm reading town 'intent' on Elieson (would be towniness but he's a claimed 3rd party), since Weak seems like an odd role modifier to fakeclaim, since it makes the claimed investigative role (and this is basically a twofold investigative role) easy to disprove the moment a watched party flips scum.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but people with the Weak modifier are often killed by the mafia to obscure 'results', right?

Sorry about my nonexistent activity today, I'm feeling really terrible right now and I can't focus on anything right now. I don't foresee this going away before the end of D3, so don't expect to see me around much.

Disregard what I said earlier this phase about eclipse because I'm not wary of her anymore. I remembered her D1, and one would have to have a definite guilty result on her to convince me she's scum after that.

As much as I don't think Paperblade and Manix's kerfuffle looks like a staged slap fight, I'm not too sure if I'm impressed with Paper's content afterwards. I don't really understand what he's trying to say about the whole "eclipse counterclaiming universal backup with vanilla" claim either. Do you think she's scummy over it? Why is this a thing?

Marth, why are you voting Refa? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you are curious to see his flip because he has a lot of interactions with people when you should be voting him because you think he's scum. Do you think he's the scummiest?

I don't have strong scumreads for me to gun for anyone's lynch, but Refa seems the 'scummiest' out of the bunch considering he has spent all his time D3 defending himself instead of like, putting down a vote? He isn't even pushing any cases, he's just saying stuff like scorri and Euklyd not doing anything or saying Weapons' reaction tests are weird or Paper's role is OP. I also don't understand if eclipse is voting Paper just because his role seems OP or she had a case against him D2. Refa mentioning that but not claiming when asked to is also pretty stupid so there, I'd lynch Refa over Pblade.