Semi-Precious Mafia - Mafia wins!

eclipse

Yeesh, Uni destroyed my brain today. Anyway...

...Anyone else think Scorri was a little lacklustre there? I'd have thought the news of BBM's heroic sacrifice would have got a little more of a reaction. And, uh, does dropping the hammer end the phase early or something? I'm just baffled why a confirmed mafia player isn't booted when he's probably not even looking in now he's discovered. Or, completely the opposite, he's doing some private last minute plotting with the other mafia member/s.

(That doesn't mean I want him removed, I just want to know why hammering is bad).

Back to the subject of Scorri, I'm not overly suspicious of her yet, I'm just entertaining the possibility that BBM was onto something.

In all honesty, I wouldn't expect anyone to react too much to anything other than "kirsche is scum". We're not hammering because we'd waste a day of discussion, letting scum get another night kill. Could you elaborate on your scorri thing? I don't like her weak case on kirsche from yesterday but your read is pretty bad. I'd also like some reason to why I've suddenly become not-your-number-one read, especially since I don't think I've done anything too drastic.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, firstly Shin, I'm not particularly suspicious of Scorri, because let's face it, there's little to analyse, and thus little to be suspicious of. She seems to be putting more thought/effort in than Bear is, who's just giving me a 'can't be bothered' vibe. I'm not saying BBM was onto something, just that as the most logical player of D1 and the only one I never really considered might be scum, he may have had some insight. But he also spent time defending her even while his vote was still parked on her (it never came off), so I can't and won't use the 'Town voted to lynch her, she must be scum' argument. That would be just stupid. I'm keeping an eye on her, nothing more.

...Incidentally, didn't her Kirsche vote come before he started really acting odd?

Secondly, since your joke in RVS, which I interpretated wrong (please don't make me repeat it again), you haven't done anything to set alarm bells ringing. A little focussed on Bear, but then I've been pretty much on his back as well. You aren't jumping on bandwagons as Bear has been doing, and you've stayed fairly constant. What am I supposed to find in that? And I've already stated that targetting someone purely because they aren't around as often as the truely active (SB, Refa and ex-BBM) (Bear's got other reasons for drawing suspicions, in that he is around but doesn't use his posts in any particularly meaningful way) isn't something I should do. RL absence is not an indication of scumminess on its own!

...Yeesh that was too wordy.

One last observation though. If Bear turns out to be Mafia, then I doubt you are. I can't see a mafia targetting a teammate for that length of time.

....There goes that post... posts getting eaten = lame.

The post I was working on was about Scorri's interactions with Kirsche, and how I dislike them (more like "it" but I'm hardly one to talk).

My main problem is her vote on him, it was entirely based on Kirsche's BBM vote. That vote looked more like Kirsche lacking the ability to comprehend reading than a scumslip. She never really did anything else..... except for her ED1 stuff (which wasn't anything big to me).

I'll try to get something more solid tonight but I had to come give SB content so he'd answer my question Scorri is reading scummier than others atm.

Also obligatory BBM is amazing comment.

This is your host speaking. YOU ARE FREE TO ASK ME QUESTIONS VIA ROLE PM! Depending on what it is, I might not give you a straight answer. :P:

Votals later tonight.

Re-reading kirsche, they did the scum thing well where the only real links I can make are vis a vis the dead people. Which isn't helpful in the least.

I'm not particularly suspicious of Scorri, because let's face it, there's little to analyse, and thus little to be suspicious of.

And you don't consider the absence of analysable content to be suspicious in the least?

Regrettably I can only echo that there's BEARY little of value in DA BEAR's/Dragon Boner's content so far, after pulling the "lol no content" move on Day 1. Hounding SB for their role target will require justification as it is blatant fishing for role related information.

the only one I never really considered might be scum

This kind of has me going :Sophia: , considering scum's priority targets are those who are logical/reasonably sound and those they do not consider scummy since that lacks mislynch potential. Amusingly, you did say something about BBM was suspicious on Day 1. I wonder if you can remember what it was?

Although, if we look at Kirsche's posts, barely one went by where he didn't criticise her (Scorri) in some way. Now this is Mafia and therefore 'get into the mind of the opposition' is unreliable at best, but that seems a bit off to me. He didn't really chase Poly at any point despite Poly giving off odd vibes that nearly everyone latched onto (including me I'll admit, though I never voted for him and did hold out hope for a defence that never came) and yet he ignored the obvious target in favour of chasing a near complete unknown. Distancing, maybe, but I think it was a little persistent for her to be scum as well.

...At least, that's one line of thought I have for her.

Also, absence due to RL is not something I'm attacking. Scorri did say she should be more active once her busy weekend passed, so we'll see where that goes. The weekend has now passed, she therefore should show an increase in content posting. If not...

This is where I'd chastise myself, but nothing much happened after I went to bed.

Votals

kirsche (3): Marth, Refa, kirsche

Bearclaw (1): SB

Not voting: Six of you

You have 36 hours remaining.

Rage lost my post! Here's a quick redo! Wayward, it's a valid tactic for scum to distance each other early on, which could conceivably make sense in a hypothetical scum!scorri/kirsche scenario. I do agree about DA BEAR, he's been around but is actively not being terribly helpful. Acknowledging a point with "I acknowledge that point" is really lazy, I feel like he's coasting through at this point.

Scorri, whilst I can appreciate has been very busy, has been very defensive and not terribly helpful up until now. Although, considering how much kirsche wanted to see scorri lynched, I'm rather hesitant to call her scum.

Marth's defense of scorri was pretty interesting, but considering how much he's harped on kirsche for his voting, I'm pretty inclined to say Marth's either super pro at bussing (note: this is not the right answer) or is most probably town. In all fairness, whilst I didn't really talk about BBM, Marth's criticisms of him D1 were valid enough for me to not have too much issue with his case against him.

Bard's sorta gone quiet, especially considering how much he harped on Poly early on. I'm also intrigued by his quizzing of kirsche but never really going after an answer. He hasn't really said too much about anyone else, and I feel he's flown under the radar a little.

Other than Scorri all I seem to be getting atm is a bunch of gutreads and and nullreads.

Which sucks bad, I'll try to remedy that tonight.

I would like SB to answer my question even though I'm fairly certain of the answer.

Sorry about the late reply, I'd love to give a good excuse like "I was really busy" or "I forgot all about this", but honestly it was because I was really freakin' lazy.

Ok so upon re-read,

kirsche's vote pattern for D1: Scorri-->BBM-->Scorri. Can't make anything out of it, but Scorri's LD1 wasn't really solid either. Her kirsche vote was meh at best and she didn't really spend time getting any other reads? Too bad she missed the hours before phase end, because we could've maybe got better insight on what her thoughts of the game were.

What are you reading this as though. Clearly BBM is town, so the only person left to comment on is scorri. Do you see the votes more as scum trying to distance themselves from each other or just scum voting a townie?

Shin and Bearclaw are being lazy which is honestly annoying because its hard to get reads. Like, they just hopped on the Poly wagon LD1 and before that just vote-parked and never said more. I know I said bearclaw was scummy last phase but I wouldn't want to gun for his lynch because it'd be an easy lynch at this point of the game. You know, especially since we have a guilty now, players are probably gonna be more lazy .

Agreed. Besides kirsche, these are the two players that are bothering me the most atm. Not sure if it's necessarily because they're scummy, but...reading less towny (null) than everyone else.

PEdit: Just read Shin's last post. If I had to vote someone other than kirsche today, it would definetely be bearclaw as Shin's last post struck me as genuine and I didn't spot any inconsistencies with previously held views.

Refa, the court would like you to testify as to what made you change your opinion of SB from scum in ##114 to towny in ##173.

His recent posts started talking more and more about other people and less focused on me and scorri. Now, WIFOM time here, perhaps scum!SB decided to do so because I raised a valid point about him; however, with the Day 1 lynch, I'm more confident in my read. He'd been defending Polydeuces a lot during Day 1, which I don't get why he'd do as scum considering that would be an easy mislynch. So yeah.

I bet Bard survived to Day 2 because he's SCUM

Infallible logic 8.9/10.

...Anyone else think Scorri was a little lacklustre there? I'd have thought the news of BBM's heroic sacrifice would have got a little more of a reaction.

Kind of a flimsy reason to find scorri to be scummy be honest. I wasn't thinking of saying anything of it myself until you mentioned it in such an amazing light (BBM = Big Bad Mafiaouter).

Also I agree with your reasoning regarding bearclaw.

##Unvote

##Vote: JSND has a Dragon Boner (Bearclaw)

Honestly how did you guys let this happen.

Re-reading kirsche, they did the scum thing well where the only real links I can make are vis a vis the dead people

Mawahahaha.

Like seriously the only one around is Refa and he's already voted me, this is why you hammer everytime because otherwise you get complacent and now you have to waste a vig shot on me or worse, anotehr lynch.

considering he thought he was tying himself with bearclaw at phase end that would work as a srsly HORRIBRU WIFOM.

That may be the case, I'm just saying it doesn't clear bearclaw just yet.