• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh I also forgot atooishinjuu

they are kind of metal I'd say and also they have at least 2 (3?) songs like

e: this atooishinjuu shit is better than I remember

Edited by Amorphous Laugh

Have you heard My Neighbor Satan?

re:metal

I post diru and maudlin songs in every other thread, guys, I think I'm good for contributions already.

also system deftones "the sword" "bloody panda" mastodon tool (a perfect circle?)

evans blue/parabelle if they count (yes)

"as heaven is wide" is a pretty metal song by garbage but they are not metal you should still listen to them of course

most of maudlin moved on to kayo dot and they also had a metal sound -for a while-

kokuyasou is metal as fuck but they do toe whore music

Sigh is kind of metal but they are mostly wtf

That's all the metal I can list from my crap but it is definitely not all of my good stuff I had to leave out like white stripes and modest mouse etc. because they are only metal in badassitude not in style of music.

Just did, it's a good tune and I can imagine it growing on me with repeat listens (like if I owned it), but as soon as I heard JAM I immediately got the feeling it was the ultimate vent music, watching myself tumbling down a flaming mid-apocalyptic hill of garbage into eternity while wrestling with everything I ever fucked up

(also I latch onto some songs at sometimes-feels-like-random that I "see" a story for and end up showing favoritism)

It might be a bit of a high bar to set before saying "I won't listen to any more," though, I'll skim Boris' catalogue more

Edited by Rehab

Um, wow. I wasn't expecting so positive a thread to my opinion on this type of music in a thread devoted to metal. I assume you are joking or something since you are the thread creator?

Why would I be joking? Everybody knows me as the forum's resident babymetal fan!

(also I latch onto some songs at sometimes-feels-like-random that I "see" a story for and end up showing favoritism)

I do this as well so I understand how you feel, but you really should poke around a bit more.

Incidentally this exact thinking is why I was surprised that I liked the rest of The Death Imprint more than the stuff I had already known about. I could swear I didn't like the rest of it but it's actually better. Maybe I didn't actually listen to it like I thought I did, and it was probably because I was stuck on the songs I had heard first...the ones I had put a set of emotions and ideas to. It's not always a "story", although in many cases I do "see a story" like you and I usually do this on purpose to turn a piece of music into a creative muse and holy shit is it ever effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjsaFBQA1Q

I don't actually know what this is, other than Japanese obviously, but if anybody has more like it I'd like to hear

first of all, <3 boris

second of all, boris change their style all the time, honestly pink reminds me of the stooges more than any metal band

Isn't the thread title like an oxymoron?

global mod shitposting

lol ok

white stripes a shit

Still havent got around to acquiring kayodot in 2000% legal ways

do you mean the new album or any kayo dot at all? i'm assuming you just mean the new album

either way either way unless kayo dot got a lot lot better after like their second album or so then maudlin of the well's bath is still the only thing i care about from those two projects

either way either way unless kayo dot got a lot lot better after like their second album or so then maudlin of the well's bath is still the only thing i care about from those two projects

Haven't listened to any of these for like half a decade, but LYBM is almost exactly like Bath I think? You're even supposed to listen to both of these. Some fine hipster metal there if my memory serves me right.

true enough. i never liked calling them glam metal cus i don't consider them metal but then people complain about the term hair rock cus then people bitch TOO MANY GENRES LOL.

on a different topic; jucifer are playing near me in a month or so. that should be cool.

"Glam metal", even "cock rock"... People apparently came up with a lot of (mostly pejorative) ways to tag those bands but stylistically it's just hard rock with a strong pop core, not really much progress there in comparison to the 70s giants and many of them, while influenced by bands like Led Zeppelin, are really just watered down and rather repetitive versions of a part of that sound so it's kinda regressive in a way (which is why bands like Alice in Chains and Nirvana might be a lot more important to the development of metal than any of them).

Though in my case, I still think bands like Scorpions, Kiss, Slade, Accept slay, which is a view not shared by many from the younger generations. With later acts like Cinderella, I can't say I'm fond of it at all however.

• 4 weeks later...

An album from my childhood; I almost forgot how good this is. Overall, Dan is phenomenal and it's ridiculous what intricate compositions one man could come up with for the lyrical subjects of love drama and sadness, cyborgs, Egyptian mythology and douchebag atheism. Oh, and how could I forget procreation in times of apocalypse? Dan is the man.