Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

Ogma is fine (+1Str is a good idea), I don't see how Malicia is OP, besides the fact that she can use Hammerine (and is it really that broken). Make it a C rank staff. Suddenly she's not OP.

Or make it somewhat less alvailable?(say.... you get it during CH.14 or 15)

Removing early rescue does more than postponing Hammene tbh. After all, Hammene is useless when you don't have the Staff to repair >_>

Edited by JSND

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or make it somewhat less alvailable?(say.... you get it during CH.14 or 15)

Removing early rescue does more than postponing Hammene tbh. After all, Hammene is useless when you don't have the Staff to repair >_>

I think while Rescue/Hammerine saves a lot of turns, it's not necessarily game breaking (e.g. playing requires a hell of a lot more planing than warp skip) and I don't feel that it's negatively affecting the balance in any way.

Thats exactly what i was going to say. She is considered broken because the player can make ridiculous plan #9182 and clear the map faster and easier. Meanwhile Warp Skip is basically point and click. I don't see how the former is something that you can call unbalanced, cutting turns be damned

In a sense she is basically like a Dancer not named Olivia because lol Olivia. Did Dancer in general need nerfing? I think not

Edited by JSND

Sorry, I didn't mean 'Hammerne isn't an issue,' I meant 'Malicia being its sole feasible wielder isn't an issue.' I mean, the alternative would be to let -anybody- use the damn thing, which would make matters -worse-.

let's pretend that I know the difference between page 1 and page 9

(fe12's avatar still isn't a bloody tactician)

Edited by Parrhesia

i don't know why you would possibly do that. the only thing worse than giving the player a broken item (and hammerne isn't even that bad) is to give the player a useful item at a point in the game where there is almost zero incentive to use it.

Or it can be removed entirely.

(wait, why is it over to day 10 and the title's still day 9?)

Day 9: Make 11Wrys a more defensive Curate. Or remove him completely and replace by 7,8 years old Malicia 2 Vulneraries. 12Marth, no opinions beside less gay portrait.

Day 10: Give 11Ogma some tiny extra growths for Str and Def. 12Malicia is OP if reclassed to a Mage (6-7 Mag at base reclassed fuck yeah), -1 to Mag and remove Hammerne exclusivity.

Thats exactly what i was going to say. She is considered broken because the player can make ridiculous plan #9182 and clear the map faster and easier. Meanwhile Warp Skip is basically point and click. I don't see how the former is something that you can call unbalanced, cutting turns be damned

In a sense she is basically like a Dancer not named Olivia because lol Olivia. Did Dancer in general need nerfing? I think not

have fun just pointing and clicking in H2 warpskip.

So I'm seeing delay/remove/de-character-specify Hammerne, and lower Malicia's starting staff EXP (and also Yumina's, otherwise you're just replacing one problem character with another, and she probably shouldn't start with the Rescue staff equipped).

Edited by EdeaCreamer

It's dead for like 5 days or something. A topic about DS games balance dies in around 8 days while some stupid convo about Awakening characters can last like forever.

This depresses me. :(

What depressed you? The fact that people doesn't care about FE11, or my sentence meant to bash FE13 mindless "fans"?

The fact that people care more about convos of FE13 characters, which is a game I've never played. :p

I think I missed it, but for Wrys, make him a prepromote. With a higher weapon rank, he'll have some utility with those earlygame physics. Lena obviously turns out better in the long run, but Wrys is a good earlygame clutch healer. With some decentish growths, his usefulness may last. At least he can kinda tank magic hits.

aDQQpcB.png

Like I did in my shamelessly plugged FE1 revamp project thing.

P.S. I'm gonna be watching this topic for ideas.

Edited by Arch