Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

It's not Caeda's fault FE11 is lazy.

As for Arran, technically he's fine balance wise, but I don't get why he has to be all unuseable after a few chapters but Sirius is comparatively fine for quite a while despite both of them being early game prepromotes. Nice double standard there, IS.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Arran, technically he's fine balance wise, but I don't get why he has to be all unuseable after a few chapters but Sirius is comparatively fine for quite a while despite both of them being early game prepromotes. Nice double standard there, IS.

You could ask the same of, say, FE6 Marcus and Percival. Or, like, Eyvel and Dagda.

You could ask the same of, say, FE6 Marcus and Percival. Or, like, Eyvel and Dagda.

Perceival has a major availability shortcoming compared to FE6 Marcus (also he's like, not really the most balanced character ever lol!). And really, the thing that makes Dagda so much better is his availability, it's not like they decided to give him fantastic growths so that he could remain viable while (playable at the same time) Evyal got stuck with her crummy old ones.

What Refa said. But really, dondon and espinosa are right. She's only hax because the enemies in FE11 are almost all cavalier/armors. More enemy variety like FE12 is all that Caeda needs.

FE11 Caeda - Honestly. . .remove the Wing Spear entirely. I think that sort of slayer weapon should be reserved for Marth, so he can do more than seize thrones.

FE12 Arran - 10% growths across the board would help him be viable for a bit longer.

+1 vote for Google doc.

FE11 Caeda - Honestly. . .remove the Wing Spear entirely. I think that sort of slayer weapon should be reserved for Marth, so he can do more than seize thrones.

Didn't he have the Rapier already?

More boss diversity would do wonders in bringing the Win spear down to earth. Like more than half the bosses in the game are weak to Win Spear. >_>

Alternately, not making it forgable and/or limiting the player to only one wing spear could also work.

FE11!Wrys is functionally fine, however he's just so...subpar (losing out to pretty much every other healer ever except Maria, despite his availability advantage). Dunno how he'd get buffed though (maybe as the more defensive priest?)...

FE12!Marth is Marth. I don't really know what to say.

Edited by Refa

Wrys - He's useful until Lena and her Warp staff show up. Perhaps a male-only staff could be added or something. . .otherwise, he's a staffbot, and it's not in anyone's interest to make them uber-units.

Marth - Increase Rapier MT by 2 so that he can actually Do Things to the armors that show up early.

Yeah, let's move on

Day 10?: FE11 Ogma and FE12 Malicia

Ogma is pretty nice in H5 and is a good unit. Maybe +1 str to make him double that one Pirate that is RNG reliant in Ch2 at the beginning. But eh probably doesnt need helping.

Malicia is completely OP when it comes to shaving turns. Nerfhammer go.

Edited by PKL

Remove Malicia's starting Staff EXP, QED. This makes her no different from any other Cleric barring the Hammerne staff, which honestly i don't see as much of an issue.

Actually you'd just use Yumina, instead, so she also needs to lose her starting staff XP.

This might be more a symptom of how powerful Staves are in FE12, and not so much the characters.

Uhhh. . .Hammerne is a HUGE issue. I'd put it in a chest on Chapter 23 in FE12.

i don't know why you would possibly do that. the only thing worse than giving the player a broken item (and hammerne isn't even that bad) is to give the player a useful item at a point in the game where there is almost zero incentive to use it.

there's nothing wrong with wrys. he's easily your second warp user in FEDS.

OK, actually looking back on things, you're definitely right.

I guess I'm just bothered that Lena is beating him in everything. :(

Day 10?: FE11 Ogma and FE12 Malicia

Ogma is pretty nice in H5 and is a good unit. Maybe +1 str to make him double that one Pirate that is RNG reliant in Ch2 at the beginning. But eh probably doesnt need helping.

Malicia is completely OP when it comes to shaving turns. Nerfhammer go.

Ogma is fine (+1Str is a good idea), I don't see how Malicia is OP, besides the fact that she can use Hammerine (and is it really that broken). Make it a C rank staff. Suddenly she's not OP.