Who in your opinion is the best general?

Nicolas

Wendell for trivializing Chapter 8 in a slow playthrough!

General Horace is pretty cool for Sniper and Dracoknight reclass

Anyway Oswin for being one of few Knights that is not completely worthless

Edited by JSND

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it's about Generals, I would say Zachariah from Tear Ring Saga.

He joins at a high level with the bases to match. And there are plenty of situations where his high defense butt came in handy.

Like when dealing with the Gatling Bow tankrush late in the game.

And you don't have to deploy him out of fear of him falling back in levels since he already starts strong and can be deployed when his talents come in handy. His speed is average General fare but since he hits hard, he can double attack and kill stuff with light swords.

Also, he makes good use of his City Fighter and Big Shield skills.

i mean, he is useless in a way that applies to just about every general. this game makes a special case for him, though, because while everything else is more or less scaled to GBA movement (mounted units 7-8 mov, infantry 5-6 mov), generals get the shaft with 4 mov.

and, much like the DS FEs, there is no rescuing mechanic.

Haven't played FE10 and didn't use armors in FE9, Kellam can turn out ok as an armor, Kjelle is great but FE13 offers generally different circumstances, lolArdan, Gilliam usually turns out decent but never great, so I'm gonna give this one to either Oswin or Kjelle~

I actually kinda find that Sedgar and Wolf make better Heroes than Generals in FE11. However, I don't think that's saying much, and I think they're overrated anyways. (Dem bases...)

And I don't see how Oswin is overrated either. Sure he lacks movement, but he does a decent job of protecting Merlinus's tent in the Caelin chapters. To say nothing of the fact that Rescue ferrying exists in his game.

Edited by Just call me Al

Imo, for non-reclassed units: Roger > Dolph = Draug > Horace ≈ Macellan.

Roger really needs some Speedwings tho, and probably even Secret Books. Other than Skill and Spd problems, he's pretty nice.

Oswin possibly, since he is blessed to be a good General in a game with fairly small maps. Gatrie's alright but his low speed cap bites his otherwise nice potential as a fighter and Wolfgar is in a game that's easy to warpskip. Gilliam felt like a mini Oswin to me, but he has the possibility to get a horse.

Still, the only General I really enjoy using remains Xavier.

Edited by Woodshooter