Grace

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toastgame:

Player Analysis

Shinori: RIP

Eury: You need to be more decisive in your reads. Townies get mislynched all the time and it's just a fact of mafia. Yeah it's not great, but sometimes it has to happen.

Poly: Don't be willing to claim earlier than necessary. It makes you look more like nervous scum than protown townie. Your reasoning for reads were a bit sketchy but had at least some merit. The 180 on your Eury read looked fairly bad though, because it happened so suddenly.

SB: Don't really have much to say, just need better reads and a bit more conviction on ED1 stuff.

Prims: Why the fuck did you shoot ED1. I know you know better, considering you showed you knew that scum could autowin on a mislynch after claims. The fact you had a really good ED1 read on BBM only to lynch Poly in the end was also weird. BBM/Poly was an unlikely scumteam because of #86

Baldrick: Again, really don't have much to say.

Refa: I'm still baffled how people didn't think his BP claim was a panic reaction to being shot, instead thinking he's town because of it. All his posts to that point and a post after had zero game content. After that you walled and stuff and weren't that scummy, so props for that I guess.

BBM: Why weren't you powerlynched after ED1 I'll never know. You backtracked so hard on your slip that it looked even worse, which Prims drilled during the game. Also you buddied Refa so hard that it wasn't funny and if you had been lynched, Refa may have been the next target.

Setup Notes

It was really scumsided. D1 potential MYLO should never be a thing and I'm kicking myself for not realizing it being a possibility. It should have been 9p with an additional VT.

No one should have claimed while the Sniper shot was still present, because it narrows down potential kills for maf and hence making it easier for them to win.

That's about it.

Prims: Why the fuck did you shoot ED1. I know you know better, considering you showed you knew that scum could autowin on a mislynch after claims.

wanted to #YOLO it cause itd have been funny had i hit maf

baldrick 4 town mvp

Refa: I'm still baffled how people didn't think his BP claim was a panic reaction to being shot, instead thinking he's town because of it. All his posts to that point and a post after had zero game content. After that you walled and stuff and weren't that scummy, so props for that I guess.

I claimed BP before Prims stated he shot me, so I'm not sure how that was a panic reaction?

I claimed BP before Prims stated he shot me, so I'm not sure how that was a panic reaction?

I'll rephrase that. You claimed BP for no reason

i lied, btw, im not actually bp

well i am

like actual claim

which people got on Poly's case for but not you???????

it's because i don't believe you actually shot me

if you legit shot me for no reason i'd actually be pretty mad

and this was really self-conscious

10:55] <BBM> it wasnt really a slip

[10:55] <BBM> the first post i would have made as either alignment

[10:56] <BBM> it was the second post saying I GUESS SHINORI COULD HAVE BEEN SHOT BY SCUM that was scummy

[10:56] <Manix> no i thought the first post was scummy slip without the addenum

[10:56] <Manix> so.

[10:57] <BBM> it's natural to assume that the town are more likely to yolo shoot than the mafia

[10:57] <Manix> you basically stated you knew that it was town shooting

[10:57] <BBM> even prims stated that when he voted me

[10:57] <Manix> hence, slip

[10:57] <BBM> i assumed it

[10:57] <BBM> i would have done the same as town

It's not helpful for us to tell the mafia who they shouldn't shoot (especially now that a ML means the mafia tie numbers after their shot).

this implied you knew it was a town based shot

it was a slip, plain and simple

oh yeah also; prims should have been shot immediately after his claimed shot resolved. no point leaving clears alive to rally the town (even though it worked out in scum's favor)

I'll rephrase that. You claimed BP for no reason

which people got on Poly's case for but not you???????

Well, I claimed it since Prims said all BPV's should claim. Whether or not you feel that was productive for scum to do is up to you.

Also I think people got on Poly's case because he was being really defensive about it, like "I'm claiming so I don't get lynched". Of course lolbias, so I'm just assuming what other peoples' reasons were.

Well, I claimed it since Prims said all BPV's should claim. Whether or not you feel that was productive for scum to do is up to you.

BP massclaim was a Bad Idea because it literally forces the D1 MYLO situation (if dep misfires) because scum know exactly who they can and can't kill

there was no reason for it to be suggested or acted upon

and trying to act upon it could be construed as "trying to look protown" without actually being townie

Edited by Manix

and trying to act upon it could be construed as "trying to look protown" without actually being townie

I-isn't that the point of scum?

there's a difference between "looking townie" and "doing protown stuff just to look protown"

one is trying to emulate your own town game (good for scumplay), the other is trying to do things that look generically townie (which isn't)

there's a difference between "looking townie" and "doing protown stuff just to look protown"

one is trying to emulate your own town game (good for scumplay), the other is trying to do things that look generically townie (which isn't)

doesn't mean the BPV claim was scummy

At worst it's Refa not thinking of all the outcomes properly. Him claiming doesn't mean others have to do so either (and they didn't).

We left Prims alive because if he dayvigged him then without a Vanilla/Snoop/BPV massclaims, we wouldn't have had a guaranteed shot to hit non-BPV with for our nightkill. I thought it was better to save the dayvig in that case for D2 after we could guarantee a safe shot.

Haha this game.

BBM I knew you were scum the moment you started to make a case on me. It's the exact same thing as Touhou. It's heartening to know that my plans to death tunnel you would have been a win-win situation for me. That's the kind of thing I will say to be a jerk to you whenever I suspect you, because, in your words, being nice to a scum read is really weird. Did you ever consider I was trying to be friendly to a newbie, since I have the same mindset and know that intimidating her will destroy any chance of getting a good read on her?

I read Refa really badly. Possibly the next elite player in the making.

I was asleep for like 90% of the game, which was bad of me. But why in the unholy fuck did mass claim happen? If you wanted to lose the game immediately it's so much more efficient to mass self-mod-kill.

Considering there was a 1 in 7 chance of town auto winning (prims shoot BBM) it's not too scum sided. I'd give town 40-45% win chance, which is quite good for a faction which I'm in, considering my record.

Edited by Huck Finn

Uh, no? If the deathtunnel on me had resulted in your lynch, town would have most likely lost. It wasn't a win/win situation for you at all.

The bit about you being friendly to your scumread isn't really scummy; I was just making shit up to pad my case on you.