[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

I'm glad I'm too scared for rated battles, because I'm losing so much. So shameful. How can I suck so badly in even free battles.

My confidence... my confidence. All that damn effort I put in breeding, and I can't win and SINGLE battle.

Edited by Shuuda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone back to my original 3v3 tactics, they seem to work out all right. Lucky for me, Mawile is a good as ever.

Edited by Shuuda

I'm glad I'm too scared for rated battles, because I'm losing so much. So shameful. How can I suck so badly in even free battles.

My confidence... my confidence. All that damn effort I put in breeding, and I can't win and SINGLE battle.

What, but... Rating Battles are hard, yes, but I'm pretty sure someone of your skill can do them...

You beat Alfred, and Alfred beat me, and I'm okay at Rating Battles. I have trouble breaking the 1750 mark, but that's still pretty good, if you ask me...

We're all pretty good... and although I have a lot of losses, I have more wins... You just need to be good at predicting.

I've gone back to my original 3v3 tactics, they seem to work out all right. Lucky for me, Mawile is a good as ever.

Mawile is great. Saved my back more than once.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I've been practicing on the mountains for the past few days, and I manage to find a solid Doubles core strategy that works for me, and it was a ton of fun to execute.

Not sure how it would work in 2 v 2 Ratings though

I got the satisfaction of watching Mega Ampharos's Dragon Pulse one shot a Dragonite from full health. Ah, Mold Breaker.

Edited by Shuuda

Woody, that was a nice battle. It's a shame that I predicted your switch on Espeon w/ Magic Bounce on the first turn. It's always cool to see your shinies. *^* A shiny Venusaur!!! That's epic.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Woody, that was a nice battle. It's a shame that I predicted your switch on Espeon w/ Magic Bounce on the first turn. It's always cool to see your shinies. *^* A shiny Venusaur!!! That's epic.

Ehhh, that battle was embarassing. You destroyed me! And that look on my face i saw you use bug buzz.......Shiny Venusaur is epic, but not bulky enough. GG anyway :)

ç______ç Full HP Talonflame could take that. I'd have resisted and Roosted the turn after, where you were probably going for a Shadow Sneak.

Well no worries, it happens... Still a GREAT battle indeed. Dat Crobat... Holy cow my beautiful hazards and shields... gone... çoç I wasn't expecting that, ahahah!

You have such a nice team btw. =)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

ç______ç Full HP Talonflame could take that. I'd have resisted and Roosted the turn after, where you were probably going for a Shadow Sneak.

Well no worries, it happens... Still a GREAT battle indeed. Dat Crobat... Holy cow my beautiful hazards and shields... gone... çoç I wasn't expecting that, ahahah!

You have such a nice team btw. =)

I was making mistakes left and right. But that clutch Defog made it all worth it.

Talonflame still scares the crap out of me.

I'm up for a battle, anyone who wants a 6 v 6.

I'll give you match, if you want, My FC is 1048-8708-5581. In game name is Silver.

Edited by Shuuda

I finally have something resembling a competitive team ready, so would someone like to have a battle? (single)

I'll give you a match in a bit. I've added a new member to my team, and I want to test him out.

Thanks for the battle a little while ago Alfred.

Anyway I have another question for my team guys. My Tyrantrum usually isn't performing all that well so I was thinking of replacing him with something. My team is very lacking in bulk so I was thinking about a defensive Pokémon. The pokemon I came up with was Miltank. Its fairly bulky and learns some moves that might come in handy like Milk drink for healing and that move that cures status effects.

Anyway i'm wondering what ability choose since all of its abilities are pretty good. Thick fat has my preference giving it two resistances to rather common types, but hitting ghosts or getting a power boost when hit with grass type attacks are both appealing as well.

Thanks for the battle! I didn't do too good there, but it was fun.

You're welcome, and good game. I was quietly craping myself when I saw you sent out Charizard first.

I hope you don't mind, but here's the code for everyone else: JY7G-WWWW-WWW3-F7GV

Thanks for the battle a little while ago Alfred.

Anyway I have another question for my team guys. My Tyrantrum usually isn't performing all that well so I was thinking of replacing him with something. My team is very lacking in bulk so I was thinking about a defensive Pokémon. The pokemon I came up with was Miltank. Its fairly bulky and learns some moves that might come in handy like Milk drink for healing and that move that cures status effects.

Anyway i'm wondering what ability choose since all of its abilities are pretty good. Thick fat has my preference giving it two resistances to rather common types, but hitting ghosts or getting a power boost when hit with grass type attacks are both appealing as well.

I think it also should be noted that Sap Sipper gives Miltank an immunity Spore and Sleep Powder, which is handy if you need someone to absorb sleep moves. On the other hand, if you're team is particularly weak to Fire or Ice, then Thick Fat could be handly. If you're making a defensive Miltank, then I'd narrow it down to one of those two.

Edited by Shuuda

You're welcome, and good game. I was quietly craping myself when I saw you sent out Charizard first.

I hope you don't mind, but here's the code for everyone else: JY7G-WWWW-WWW3-F7GV

I don't mind, but it's a bit embarrassing how vadly I did ^^'

The thing with Charizard is that he's sort of a stand-in. I haven't decided my sixth member yet, so I'm using my other EV-trained pokemon for now...