[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

Let me show you the greatest battle I've had so far. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll probably not watch it since this thread only has like three people reading it tops per day.

V7AG-WWWW-WWW4-NCQM

Also Leech Seed should not have 90% accuracy.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as bad as you think.

As long as you got decent Pokemon and good predicting skills, you can win some battles.

I haven't broken the 1600 mark yet, but I win slightly more then I lose (but hardly).

I broke the 1600 mark but went down triples :facepalm:

I don't know if your recent performance necessarily means you're making bad plays. It seems like your team just doesn't match up well against standard stuff. Simply replacing Goodra and Meowstic (garbage in both singles and doubles, imo) would probably increase your win rate significantly. And while this may be obvious, you should generally try to figure out sequences that secure wins without forcing you to predict.

Goodra, fair enough, but I'm unsure about taking down Meowstic... In a world were Dark Void is allowed, and there's no sleep clause, you're suggesting I give up a priority Safeguard user. Sorry, but I don't see how Meowstic is rubbish. Maybe not the best Prankster around, but it can still pull off a heap of different tricks. +4 Quick Guard pretty much foils everyone who just goes for Khan + Talon.

But, I suppose I can come up with other ways to getting around those things.

Edit: Currently at 5 losses, 3 wins in rated... that's annoying.

Edited by Shuuda

For some reason, after the rated battles reset (the start of season 2), winning battles became way harder. I used to have a rating of 1750 and now I haven't managed to get above 1650 (my peak was at 1630). The thing is, in 3 vs 3 battles, hyper offense is the way to go. Everyone uses mega kangaskhan and powerful dragons, so it's really hard to use pokemon like meowstic. After I started using more offensive pokemon, I started winning more battles.

Sincerely, I'd try using Garchomp, mega kangaskhan or even Latios, if you manage to get one.

Dark void is really rare in the rated battles, since darkray is banned and smeargle isn't used much (and most of them use spore instead). Sleep powder and spore don't affect grass pokemon, so you might want to use mega venusaur, which is a great pokemon in rated battles, being really bulky and strong. (physically defensive) Rotom-W is a good pokemon to use alongside Mega-Venusaur, since it destroys venusaur's biggest counter, talonflame.

I think a great team in the current battle spot would be rotom-w, mega-venusaur and scarfed garchomp.

Edited by Nobody

For some reason, after the rated battles reset (the start of season 2), winning battles became way harder. I used to have a rating of 1750 and now I haven't managed to get above 1650 (my peak was at 1630). The thing is, in 3 vs 3 battles, hyper offense is the way to go. Everyone uses mega kangaskhan and powerful dragons, so it's really hard to use pokemon like meowstic. After I started using more offensive pokemon, I started winning more battles.

Yes, this.

I was 1764 at my peak in season 1.

Now, in season 2, I can't break 1600.

Not that I battled much.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Sincerely, I'd try using Garchomp, mega kangaskhan or even Latios, if you manage to get one.

Dark void is really rare in the rated battles, since darkray is banned and smeargle isn't used much (and most of them use spore instead). Sleep powder and spore don't affect grass pokemon, so you might want to use mega venusaur, which is a great pokemon in rated battles, being really bulky and strong. (physically defensive) Rotom-W is a good pokemon to use alongside Mega-Venusaur, since it destroys venusaur's biggest counter, talonflame.

I think a great team in the current battle spot would be rotom-w, mega-venusaur and scarfed garchomp.

I don't wish to be rude, but I should point out that I'm doing doubles/special. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

I don't wish to be rude, but I should point out that I'm doing doubles/special. Sorry, I didn't make that clear.

Oh, no problem.

I got relatively successful in the doubles (I have a rating of 1650) using a team with tyranitar/excadrill core. Tyranitar has a air balloon, excadrill has life orb and its ability is sand rush. Then, on the first turn I spam earthquake/rock slide, depending on the opponent pokemon. The other pokemon I use are ferrothorn and Mega garchomp. I won like 80% of the battles using this strategy (13 wins and 3 loses). Weather was nerfed this gen, but it's still pretty good, specially in doubles.

Edited by Nobody

Goodra, fair enough, but I'm unsure about taking down Meowstic... In a world were Dark Void is allowed, and there's no sleep clause, you're suggesting I give up a priority Safeguard user. Sorry, but I don't see how Meowstic is rubbish. Maybe not the best Prankster around, but it can still pull off a heap of different tricks. +4 Quick Guard pretty much foils everyone who just goes for Khan + Talon.

But, I suppose I can come up with other ways to getting around those things.

Edit: Currently at 5 losses, 3 wins in rated... that's annoying.

Dark Void wasn't on my mind since I assumed your team was constructed for rated battles and that you were only using it in free battles for practice. Using counter-weather and/or Tailwind aggressively could give you a means of outspeeding Chlorophyll mons that have Sleep Powder and lessen the need for Meowstic, whose only serious advantage over Quick Guard Hitmontop besides priority Safeguard is the ability to stop MKanga's Fake Out.

I've realised the people I hate the most in free battles are those who take on uber on their otherwise decent team, and then win solely because of it.

Edited by Shuuda

All of them should stay. I don't really give a fuck about their balance, but the existence of a dangerous late game sweeper and auto pilot pokemon like Genesect is good for the meta IMO

If shit really hit the fan, Lucario and Genesect is about the last pokemon that should be banned

Edited by JSND

Hey, if anyone still frequents this thread, Lux and I have been working on a multibattle team that we'd like to test out. Anyone wanna participate?

I and Neal can be your opponents... right, Neal? XD

We still have those teams we made for the tournament, after all.

^

*shrugs* I just had some Ranked Battles today after 2-3 months of inactivity, and I should say that those japanese folks got even stronger with Pokébank.

At least you managed to stay above the 1500s.

I lost a lot of battles and got to 1450, haha.

I should have 1520 or something like that now, though

Yes, it's hard. But I prefer to call that challenging.

Well, I have a more balanced team now since I swapped out a couple of my members for some Pokemon Bank transferred ones, so if anyone wants to see my new Pokemon in action, I'll be glad to battle. :)

So hard. ;~;

ScreenShot2014-02-06at74212PM_zps67f2065

^

*shrugs* I just had some Ranked Battles today after 2-3 months of inactivity, and I should say that those japanese folks got even stronger with Pokébank.

At least you managed to stay above the 1500s.

I lost a lot of battles and got to 1450, haha.

I should have 1520 or something like that now, though

Yes, it's hard. But I prefer to call that challenging.

I suspended rating battles because ppl don't like Triples lol

and availability of course, I'm not any more in the top 20 posters :o

I'm not really a competitive player either. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, but most competitive players easily wipe the floor with me.

Anyway just say when you are ready.

Ah, same here. Well, I've never actually battled a competitive player, but I'm sure they'd wipe the floor with me too. :P

And just give me a minute, I'll be on the net shortly. Have we added each other's FCs yet though?