[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

As I write this message, Chiki is laddering furiously as "Gokou Ruri", an account unqualified for voting, using the team from his Smogon topic and gunning for voting reqs at the eleventh hour; you can confirm this alt is his from this topic. This is consistent with my claim that he was lying.

More on topic, though, whether or not he was lying about procuring voting reqs has competitive implications: how, for example, does his team address well-played Aegislash, Terrakion, Mega Pinsir, Specs Keldeo, Manaphy, and other threats that escape me? If he indeed obtained voting reqs, then there would likely be a method of playing his team well that escapes me and that would prove educational for me and the other posters in the topic.

I personally prefer eschewing Substitute and instead using a set of Spikes / Spiky Shield / Hammer Arm / Leech Seed since Chesnaught is a bit slow.

WRT Chesnaught - Substitue is sometime a win condition. I like it too much not to use it, but using Spikes is pretty cool since it forces switch like a pro

WRT those three that I bolded - Nobody used Terrakion, Keldeo, and Manaphy. Getting 1700 is, from what I heard is not hard enough that you can meet several Terrakions, Keldeos, and Manaphys all of which is rarely used

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRT Chesnaught - Substitue is sometime a win condition. I like it too much not to use it, but using Spikes is pretty cool since it forces switch like a pro

WRT those three that I bolded - Nobody used Terrakion, Keldeo, and Manaphy. Getting 1700 is, from what I heard is not hard enough that you can meet several Terrakions, Keldeos, and Manaphys all of which is rarely used

i use terrakion and manaphy, just ran into somebody else who uses terrakion. terrakion isn't that rare

So you're writing all those long posts just to disqualify Chiki from his (presumed) merits? (>°_°)>

From my point of view you're just trying to prove yourself better than Chiki and you can't accept that someone who you consider inferior in terms of battling ability has achieved a (presumed) coveted goal.

And it's understandable, honestly, but this is not the right place to talk about it.

I read this again and feel the need to refute your armchair psychoanalysis. At no point did I imply I was better than Chiki at Pokemon, nor would it matter to me if I were worse than him at Pokemon. While there are a decent number people more talented than I am at battling (typing "/rank preemptive gg" into Showdown may give you some idea of just how many; while I didn't play enough games to vote, my GXE and Glicko compare favorably to those of voters), I long ago grew to accept that. As you can confirm on our respective profile feeds, my exchanges with Chiki were cordial prior to this one.

The arrogance Chiki generally displays irks me (as well as the moderators, which may be why they haven't stepped in); combined with the obvious lie he told, this pushed me past my breaking point with him. The forum would be a slightly more enjoyable place, not only for other users but also for him, if Chiki would humble up.

If you expect your opponent to switch, it's better to just use Leech Seed or double-switch, instead of Sub. Chesnaught lacks the Speed to consistently Subseed.

The overall weighted usage statistics reported in Smogon's thread are not representative of what goes on in the higher part of the ladder (or even in the 1200+ range of the suspect ladder). On the non-suspect ladder, the bottom 99% of users contribute to about 92% of the reported statistics.

You should have a look at this one I saw on Smogon.

The arrogance Chiki generally displays irks me (as well as the moderators, which may be why they haven't stepped in); combined with the obvious lie he told, this pushed me past my breaking point with him. The forum would be a slightly more enjoyable place, not only for other users but also for him, if Chiki would humble up.

I don't think you have much back up support on this one, honestly. While it's understandable that you don't like his behavior, I think that most people here don't care at all about him. Just read the comments on the previous page, if you want some proof. You're trying to make this pass as some needed banishment for the sake of the forum, but in reality it's just something personal.

From my point of view you're just trying to prove yourself better than disqualify Chiki and you can't accept that someone who you consider inferior in terms of battling ability than how he pretends to be has achieved a (presumed) coveted goal.

And it's understandable, honestly, but this is not the right place to talk about it.

We shouldn't further derail the topic for personal matters.

I won't reply any more. Feel free to answer, though, if you want.

See ya.

You should have a look at this one I saw on Smogon.

Yeah, I know what Riolu does. I use it on Pokemon online. Unfortunately, Riolu can't do this in 6th gen. :/

I didn't realize that your scizor was banded XD

That battle was absolutely fantastic though, I remember initially looking at the team preview and thinking "what am I getting, 3-0'd? 4-0'd maybe?", but it was a great close loss for my new team

That was teeth clenchingly close Spiky. And my team was completely cookie cutter too!

324G-WWWW-WWW5-LY47

Some of the pokemon in this battle seemed familiar...

It was a great battle BTW

Alright, I'm confident with my team, so I'm pretty much always open to battle if I'm online, unless I have my head in the box system or something :3

FC: 5284-1485-2679

In game name: Ryan

3ds Screen Name: Revs

Preferred battle style would be singles, and I think I'd be open to competitive battling

Fruity that was the worst possible time for a d/c.

Edit: Pinsir definitely could have lived that Volt Switch...

Reminds me of that battle I had with Alfred Kamon way back when I crithaxed his Talonflame.

Great series of battles though. In all honesty, I barely know what I'm doing sometimes.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Fruity that was the worst possible time for a d/c.

Edit: Pinsir definitely could have lived that Volt Switch...

Reminds me of that battle I had with Alfred Kamon way back when I crithaxed his Talonflame.

Great series of battles though. In all honesty, I barely know what I'm doing sometimes.

I didn't D/C, though... I was, like, "What happened?"

I was still online after, too... so it wasn't my Internet... I think... Why would I want to disconnect after OHKO'ing my opponent's Pokemon.

Crit hax, yeah.

It made up for the Hydro Pump miss on T-flame.

Gg, though, even though I suppose I was lucky.

I didn't D/C, though... I was, like, "What happened?"

I was still online after, too... so it wasn't my Internet... I think... Why would I want to disconnect after OHKO'ing my opponent's Pokemon.

Crit hax, yeah.

It made up for the Hydro Pump miss on T-flame.

Gg, though, even though I suppose I was lucky.

There was no d/c, my wifi cut out at that moment.

The two battles we had:

MBNG-WWWW-WWW5-N6LF

3ZJG-WWWW-WWW5-N6LL

I don't think you got lucky. There was no way I was breaking through a healthy Rotom anyways.

Alfred, I didn't deserve that win; I know you would've totally steamrolled me if I wasn't using my Soul Eater themed team (too many ubers)......sorry....... >_<;

....And, well, you did anyways with the rematch.... XP

Edited by Silver Lightning

Alfred, I didn't deserve that win; I know you would've totally steamrolled me if I wasn't using my Soul Eater themed team (too many ubers)......sorry....... >_<;

....And, well, you did anyways with the rematch.... XP

I hope there's a Darkrai somewhere in that Soul Eater team

Was there a Mega Absoul Eater? I regret nothing

Why don't you battle me and find out???

But sadly, its my only comp team on X Version that I use when I get challenged out of the blue; my other teams are in Y Version.

Why don't you battle me and find out???

But sadly, its my only comp team on X Version that I use when I get challenged out of the blue; my other teams are in Y Version.

Let me see if I have something uber worthy somewhere

When you said ubers, I assumed legendary level ubers. Still sorry about bringing that arceus. Arceus is literally a god

And both of our shiny mega gardevoir didn't fair too well

Edited by LuxSpes