[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

When you said ubers, I assumed legendary level ubers. Still sorry about bringing that arceus. Arceus is literally a god

And both of our shiny mega gardevoir didn't fair too well

No, when I meant Ubers, I meant stuff that used to be considered Uber before Gen 6 muddled things. No, I don't typically expect to overpower an Arceus without using one of my own. But yeah, good fight otherwise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp, sorry Ariadne, I thought you were using your Y version... I got confused with the nicknames. Dx Nice battles btw, I had fun. =) I played really badly in the first one and the only uber you used was Blaziken. I say you totally deserved that win.

Whelp, sorry Ariadne, I thought you were using your Y version... I got confused with the nicknames. Dx Nice battles btw, I had fun. =) I played really badly in the first one and the only uber you used was Blaziken. I say you totally deserved that win.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better that I played well in the first one before getting the 6-0 I deserved after. All hail our almighty Champion. XD

No, when I meant Ubers, I meant stuff that used to be considered Uber before Gen 6 muddled things. No, I don't typically expect to overpower an Arceus without using one of my own. But yeah, good fight otherwise.

Sorry >_< (I still had fun because I got to use my favorite legendary and try out an arceus in an actual battle, but I don't really feel like I really worked hard for that battle. Spamming extremekiller Arceus against a normal team isn't really the epitome of skills) I'm currently juggling a lot of different team ideas, but I've got no single 6v6 team ready(all my comp trained pokemons have multi-battle in mind)

And isn't Darkrai also Uber?

Sorry >_< (I still had fun because I got to use my favorite legendary and try out an arceus in an actual battle, but I don't really feel like I really worked hard for that battle. Spamming extremekiller Arceus against a normal team isn't really the epitome of skills) I'm currently juggling a lot of different team ideas, but I've got no single 6v6 team ready(all my comp trained pokemons have multi-battle in mind)

And isn't Darkrai also Uber?

Lol no problem. Everyone wants to spam Extremekiller Arceus at least once.

Yeah, I've honestly got waaay too many for my own good; I like seeing my Soul Eater team in action with my X version and my Steins;Gate team with my Y version, and that's not counting the other region based teams that I have in the works (when not using Team Steins;Gate, I'm using my Kanto team in Y, and the other region teams are still in the testing phase on Showdown). But yeah, Team Soul Eater is the only team I have in X since that version is meant more for completing the pokedex and Y version is for competitive battling; I just gave myself a decently overpowered team on X so I wouldn't be completely defenseless when challenged by passerbys.

And yeah, Darkrai and Blaziken are honestly the only Ubers I have by the current metagame standards....

Edited by Silver Lightning

Lol no problem. Everyone wants to spam Extremekiller Arceus at least once.

Yeah, I've honestly got waaay too many for my own good; I like seeing my Soul Eater team in action with my X version and my Steins;Gate team with my Y version, and that's not counting the other region based teams that I have in the works (when not using Team Steins;Gate, I'm using my Kanto team in Y, and the other region teams are still in the testing phase on Showdown). But yeah, Team Soul Eater is the only team I have in X since that version is meant more for completing the pokedex and Y version is for competitive battling; I just gave myself a decently overpowered team on X so I wouldn't be completely defenseless when challenged by passerbys.

And yeah, Darkrai and Blaziken are honestly the only Ubers I have by the current metagame standards....

This match just proved to me why its good that this thing is banned in the first place

I'm also planning to do some region team(that I'll try out first on Showdown). I'm also curious about making a team based around Toxic Spikes and various moves that have an added effect when the target is poisoned(like Venoshock, Venom Drench and Hex, don't know if I'm forgetting some). Also, the Reuniclus I got the chance to use in one of our random battle made me interested in using one in a team. I just need to take the time to create them on Showdown.

When I saw your team preview, I though you also had Mega Lucario, but I quickly realized I brought a tank to a gun fight.

Edit: And if you ever update your team, I call Greninja for Black☆Star and stand by my horrible pun concerning Absol.

Edited by LuxSpes

This match just proved to me why its good that this thing is banned in the first place

I'm also planning to do some region team(that I'll try out first on Showdown). I'm also curious about making a team based around Toxic Spikes and various moves that have an added effect when the target is poisoned(like Venoshock, Venom Drench and Hex, don't know if I'm forgetting some). Also, the Reuniclus I got the chance to use in one of our random battle made me interested in using one in a team. I just need to take the time to create them on Showdown.

When I saw your team preview, I though you also had Mega Lucario, but I quickly realized I brought a tank to a gun fight.

Edit: And if you ever update your team, I call Greninja for Black☆Star and stand by my horrible pun concerning Absol.

Yeah, I'm also considering fitting a Whimsicott somewhere in a team after our random battles; we should definitely have some more, since it really helps me to think on my toes with random teams, and get field experience with pokemon I haven't gotten around to using yet. And we can't forget the ridiculously hilarious matchups, like White Kyurem vs Luvdisc. XD

......yeah, considering I was already using a bunch of powerful pokes, I figured I'd give the mega slot to my gardevoir (and it helps that it's shiny too).

Haha, I was actually thinking about Greninja at first when making this team, but I was already using it in my other team (I prefer not to overlap pokemon across my teams if I can help it), and Black Star is more about raw power and "Close Combat" than stealth....and he makes that quite painfully obvious in almost all his appearances. And Lucario matches his color scheme and fighting style to boot! Soul is a Garchomp because of his adorable yet menacing shark teeth, but good one on the Absol pun. X3

We should maybe consider continue this discussion through PM before we get an entire page where the 2 of us answer each other.

And I definitely would like to do more random battles. There's some of the most hilarious battle I had and they, like you said, allow me to use different pokemons and improve my ability to play with a random hand(though having a Luvdisc against a Kyurem-B is completely outrageous)

I was wondering is this shiny came from the same place as my own gardevoir or if you had been lucky enough to get one through breeding or in the wild.

How about Staraptor then? He get's reckless as an ability, has tons of recoil moves, has close combat and has 'star' in it's name. And Garchomp would fit Soul Evens(the bad puns continue) more if you mega evolved him. I mean, Mega garchomp basically has Scythes instead of arms

Edited by LuxSpes

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better that I played well in the first one before getting the 6-0 I deserved after. All hail our almighty Champion. XD

Aww please, you are flattering me. You shouldn't feel bad to begin with, you are a good trainer, Ariadne. Most of your sets were kinda original too (Garchomp with Life Orb + Fire Blast, whelp) and I wouldn't have won like that if I hadn't lost terribly in the first battle. I knew your movesets already and I used that to my advantage, that's all. So cheer up! Our Electric Gym Leader sure has a... 'shocking' strength, hehe!

Anyway I wanted to show these:

top_italian_player_season_2.png

top_italian_player_season_2_2.png

It seems I was able to get my throne back in season 2, uh.

Just in time, season 3 starts soon!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Aww please, you are flattering me. You shouldn't feel bad to begin with, you are a good trainer, Ariadne. Most of your sets were kinda original too (Garchomp with Life Orb + Fire Blast, whelp) and I wouldn't have won like that if I hadn't lost terribly in the first battle. I knew your movesets already and I used that to my advantage, that's all. So cheer up! Our Electric Gym Leader sure has a... 'shocking' strength, hehe!

Anyway I wanted to show these:

top_italian_player_season_2.png

top_italian_player_season_2_2.png

It seems I was able to get my throne back in season 2, uh.

Just in time, season 3 starts soon!

Jelly.

I only do singles, and I'm stuck at 1600.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-ou-293389

I'm eliminated in Round 4 of Smogon Tour, so I figure out I posted the last game in the series(since not many players here frequent smogon I suppose), which happen to be the only one almost free of Hax

My thoughts:

If theres a word to explain my plays, it would be "Misplay". First, I did not expect a Slow Conkelldurr when a well placed Toxic could have changed the flow of the game. Second, I mispredicted. A lot. Finally, I picked a wrong choice of tech with Confagrigus, who does like.... nothing.

Still, a miss decided the game very early, but overall IMO its a well played game. Enjoy!

Edited by JSND

That game was a great watch.

And I feel you for the Draco Meteor that missed. I had a lot of games on showdown ruined because my 90% accurate move would miss the two times I used it in a battle. meanwhile, the in-game AI is able to hit me somewhat consistently with 30% accurate 1HKO moves

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-96449851

FEAR THE CURSED SYVEON

That game was a great watch.

And I feel you for the Draco Meteor that missed. I had a lot of games on showdown ruined because my 90% accurate move would miss the two times I used it in a battle. meanwhile, the in-game AI is able to hit me somewhat consistently with 30% accurate 1HKO moves

i was swept by a choice scarf pinsir using guillotine in the battle test >_<

Has anybody noticed the constant disconnects? I can't get a single battle lately.

Edit: And then I finally get a battle and the guy ragequits midway. A shame, since he played pretty well.

Edited by Spaceman Craig

Has anybody noticed the constant disconnects? I can't get a single battle lately.

Edit: And then I finally get a battle and the guy ragequits midway. A shame, since he played pretty well.

I don't get constant disconnects, but yeah, I notice a significant amount of players ragequit when they're losing.

It makes me sad that some people can be such sore losers. :<

I mean, okay, if it is, without a doubt, clear that I'm going to win, it would still be better to forfeit. But D/C?

I don't like it. :<

The ragequitting is not just stupid, it's pointless. I haven't found anywhere in the game that records your win/loss record, I only see number of wins. So quitting before you lose doesn't help you at all, it just robs the other player of a win they deserve. The ratio might be hidden in there somewhere, but it's clearly not the focus of online battles. I mean, yeah, I've played people who obviously didn't know what they were getting into when they fought me and the fight wasn't quite fair, but at the same time I've been demolished as well and I never quit. Heck, I don't even quit against hacked teams of shiny legendaries. If ever there was a time to quit, that would be it.

Although realistically it's a bit crazy to expect the players of a game whose target audience is 12 years old to behave maturely.

From the Numel use as well as how much he held your team in contempt for the pokemon you used, I'm wondering if he's not the follower of a certain youtuber that I shall not name.

But still, wow at the Moxie Garchomp+Gravity.

Edited by LuxSpes