[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed.

An interesting battle. I can't help but wonder if things would have been different if you had gotten in their earlier with Defog. Edited by Shuuda

Cool battle Shuuda, but why'd you forfeit when it was 2 vs 4?

Q74W-WWWW-WWW3-JWMX

I had nothing that could beat your remaining Pokémon. It doesn't matter, you only got the upper hand due to me derping, and forgetting about Focus Blast. I demand a rematch, right now, frankly.

That was a rubbish performance by me, as far as I care.

Edited by Shuuda

Holy derpy Rotom fight Batman! That could have ended a lot quicker.

Good fight.

E77G-WWWW-WWW3-JX8J

It's not the first time my Rotom's been in a stalling contest. It once stalled a Gliscor into Struggling itself to into submission. I was counting on the boosted Brave Bird to unplug the Rotom from my sinkhole, and I'm glad it came through. I think you would've won if it hadn't, since your Rotom had a speed advantage over mine.

Good game. That Mandibuzz still caused me frustration.

Edited by Shuuda

It's not the first time my Rotom's been in a stalling contest. It once stalled a Gliscor into Struggling itself to into submission. I was counting on the boosted Brave Bird to unplug the Rotom from my sinkhole, and I'm glad it came through. I think you would've won if it hadn't, since your Rotom had a speed advantage over mine.

Good game. That Mandibuzz still caused me frustration.

I really need to pay attention to my opponent's teams more often. I kept using Tailwind because I thought Espeon and Excadrill were still alive.

Good game, Severa: CK2W-WWWW-WWW3-JXMK

If it's any credit, that Mawile did have me scared. I should have fought you with a team using my Heracross, because then we'd see who has the best shiny.

Edited by Shuuda

• 3 weeks later...

Oh thank goodness. Now I don't have to double post in order to show off. Thanks, Craig.

Here are some of my recent battles, which involve honing my doubles team.

TZJW-WWWW-WWW3-VL45

J4PW-WWWW-WWW3-VL7Y

And for giggles, here are some battles with my team stomping Pokébank legendaries.

N9ZG-WWWW-WWW3-VL89

GV2G-WWWW-WWW3-VL8P

Edited by Shuuda

I wanted to update my teams a little with Pokébank, sigh.

Is there anyone for some Doubles? ^^

Edit: Nevermind, I have to go.

I really want to battle that doubles team you made, Shuuda.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I have this weird idea of combining Manaphy, Heatran, and Genesect

Genesect's counter is usually Heatran and Rotom-H, both of which did not want to face Manaphy. Following set up, Manaphy can stomp all over Rotom-W, and Ferrothorn risks switching on against Scald. As a bonus 100 speed is 5 higher than Landorus Therian

Seems like a solid core in a hindsight, but I don't think I would find it fun >_>

Very close battle: RY5W-WWWW-WWW4-5C6J

Gallade... you are my hero.

Indeed, very close. Wouldn't Water Pulse be better against Hariyama?

I've been doing some rating battles with some early pokes, here are some of them.

Singles:

4XYW-WWWW-WWW4-6APR

ZZ6W-WWWW-WWW4-6AQ6 (when everything seemed lost, there's always a ray of hope, lol Azuma <3)

Triples: (because wynaut)

ATZW-WWWW-WWW4-6AQC

EGFW-WWWW-WWW4-6AQK (against a rain team, dayum. Winning match with a 4HP Delphox holy shit)

Hope you guys enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I go to the effort of making a new team, and lose almost EVERY match in free battles. Why I am so terrible at this...

I swear, a fucking five year old could do better.

Edited by Shuuda

So, I go to the effort of making a new team, and lose almost EVERY match in free battles. Why I am so terrible at this...

I swear, a fucking five year old could do better.

Free battles just suck, to be honest. Lots of legendary pokemon, many of them unavailable before the post bank. I'm sure you would do better in the rating battles.

Free battles just suck, to be honest. Lots of legendary pokemon, many of them unavailable before the post bank. I'm sure you would do better in the rating battles.

No, I'm fucking losing to EVERY non uber team. It's unbearable.

Edited by Shuuda

Mawile

Salamence

Meowstic

Scizor

Goodra

Rotom-W

Just lost to a guy who wasn't even using a bloody mega, let alone an uber. No way am I doing rated battles like this. I could've described myself as at least half-decent before, but now I just can't get anything right, even when using the most standard Pokémon in the game. It's so annoying.

Edited by Shuuda

Mawile

Salamence

Meowstic

Scizor

Goodra

Rotom-W

Just lost to a guy who wasn't even using a bloody mega, let alone an uber. No way am I doing rated battles like this. I could've described myself as at least half-decent before, but now I just can't get anything right, even when using the most standard Pokémon in the game. It's so annoying.

It's not as bad as you think.

As long as you got decent Pokemon and good predicting skills, you can win some battles.

I haven't broken the 1600 mark yet, but I win slightly more then I lose (but hardly).

It's not as bad as you think.

As long as you got decent Pokemon and good predicting skills, you can win some battles.

I haven't broken the 1600 mark yet, but I win slightly more then I lose (but hardly).

It's really weird for me. I did try rated doubles once, and managed to get 10 wins to 1 loss, but then I tried special battles, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. I just don't get the inconsistency.

I could've described myself as at least half-decent before, but now I just can't get anything right, even when using the most standard Pokémon in the game. It's so annoying.

It's really weird for me. I did try rated doubles once, and managed to get 10 wins to 1 loss, but then I tried special battles, and everything went to hell in a handbasket. I just don't get the inconsistency.

I don't know if your recent performance necessarily means you're making bad plays. It seems like your team just doesn't match up well against standard stuff. Simply replacing Goodra and Meowstic (garbage in both singles and doubles, imo) would probably increase your win rate significantly. And while this may be obvious, you should generally try to figure out sequences that secure wins without forcing you to predict.

Edited by Miikaya