Favorite GBAFE Dancer?

Garland Chaos

Definitely Tethys. She is very well written and developed.

And quite frankly, she is the only dancer that has the self confidence and strength of personality that I would expect of someone who can dance in skimpy clothes in front of an audience.

Edited by BrightBow

...Shouldn't there be a poll for this?

Ninian. Apart from the fact she's important to the story, she (or rather Nils) joins early enough not to immediately become a big agro magnet and can feasibly be trained without too much risk. By the time the others join, a lv. 1 dancer/bard is a liability that gets dropped for someone who can actually not die from a funny look.

Not to mention those status rings add flexibility.

Then it's Tethys, and then Elphin/Lalum bring up the rear - although Lalum's heart/Elphin's bird never cease to make me snigger.

Definitely Tethys. She is very well written and developed.

And quite frankly, she is the only dancer that has the self confidence and strength of personality that I would expect of someone who can dance in skimpy clothes in front of an audience.

Ninian's clothes aren't skimpy, and Lalam is pretty self-confident and strong of personality too.

Edited by Paper Jam

Ninian's clothes aren't skimpy, and Lalam is pretty self-confident and strong of personality too.

True about Lalum. But she lacks Tethy's maturity in body and personality. While we don't have an age for her, I find it hard to imagine this underwear dancer as anything above Roy's age, aka 15. Which is kinda creepy. This is not helped by her childish kind of confidence that I can never quite take seriously. Not that I mind her much either.

As for Ninian, in her case I just don't like her.

Granted, as a character she is just an average damsel in distress to fall in the love with the hero who dies an entirely meaningless death that gets reverted at the end for no reason.

She is definitely nothing to hate. But what somewhat upsets me about her is her wasted potential. She is the daughter of the main villain Nergal and her mother fell victim to the war, which also gives her a connection to Athos.

But these connections are never actually used for anything during the story and merely implied in extremely hidden events. It's kinda frustrating.

Which has nothing to do with Ninian's clothes, which is what you were talking about earlier.

No, I wasn't talking about Ninian's clothes. I was talking about Tethys clothes and and I was merely listing the things I like about her.

This is because I am fairly indifferent towards the other two and don't feel about anything strong enough in order to list it.

Edited by BrightBow

Ninian is obviously the best gameplay-wise because she has crazy powerful rings for those times when we don't need a 2nd move (ie OHKOing the dragon with Athos), but Tethys has my favourite design. I actually hate Lalum and Elphin's animations, which are extremely lacking in polish, but I think they're slightly more useful than Tethys if only because FE6 is a harder game that requires more strategy than FE8.

• 5 months later...