Most wanted Fire Emblem remake?

Most wanted Fire Emblem remake?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What remake would you want the most?

• A series of the two stories in FE3 with FE 2 and FE 13 added to it to complete the tale of Falchion.
    • FE 4 and 5 consecutively.
    • FE 6 and 7 remake. (In order of 7, then 6.)
    • Fire Emblem Sacred Stones remake.
    • FE 9 and 10 put together.
    • I don't want a remake at all.
  2. 2. Would you rather have it...

• On the Wii U
    • On the 3DS
    • Other? (Don't get too far fetched)

Personally I only want a remake of Thracia but not FE4.

The thing with Thracia is that it's interface limitations put quite a dent in the experience. Like the inability to change a unit's starting position on maps where starting position is more important then anywhere else in the series. Or an extremely limited item storage space.

Those things were all not a problem in FE4.

And the few balancing issues aren't really worth the effort. (Besides, after Shadow Dragon, I think IS would change these things for the worse.) And I love the game's visuals and sound. They are still an absolute favorite.

It would be enough for me if we get finally the Virtual Console port. I would gladly take it without a translation.

Edited by BrightBow

FE4 is already great as it is. He doesn't really needs a remake. FE5 could be polished a little, but it's really pretty good.

I will jump on the FE2 wagon. This game have a great scenaristic potential. It is the one who needs a remake the most. It can become something really great.

I have a soft spot for fe6 and wouldn't mind seeing it remakes, but I don't think a generation feature with fe7 will be a good idea. There are very few characters who actually appear in both games or have kids so the function will be limited.

I also like to see fe4 getting a remake.

Please no FE4 remake. Judging by FE12 and FE13, I can already see it.

Another Avatar that has both Naga nad Loptyr blood. Avatar becomes focus of Manfroy and co. Avatar can marry any character and produce child more broken than Julia. Gen 1 characters are now all alive and can be recruited in Gen 2... by paid DLC.

Please no.

That would make it kind of interesting if they did a combined remake with FE5....would they just not have an Avatar for the FE5 parts? Or would they have 2 separate Avatars? Or would they go full retard and have the Avatar be in two places at once?

Voted FE4+5 for 3DS

I'm really interested in playing FE4, as I like the marriage+children mechanic in general, and the story seems pretty good.

Similarly, I've seen FE5 get lots of praise for being the best FE, so it would be interesting too.

I would want the remakes of these games to have the balance issues of FE4 fixed, and the marriage system should fix Awakening's problems.

I love fe4 in all its dated, flawed glory, but a cousin of mine who's a fan of the whole modern series up to Awakening (hasn't played yet) won't even get past the first chapter because

"THE GRAPHICS"

"what about em"

"THEY'RE...OLD"

"they're the ancestors of your favorites, also look at that wicked vintage 80's anime hair"

"EHH"

and

"THE MAP"

"what about it"

"IT'S RIDICULOUSLY BIG"

"it represents like half a country"

"EHHH"

and

"THIS GUY w/GREEN HAIR LOOKS LIKE A GIRL"

"you shitlord this is fire emblem it's not exactly uncharted territory"

"EHHHH"

and..

"THE MUSIC-"

"you shut the fuck up before you say something regrettable"

"..EH"

(Canadians)

Basically I just want fe4 packaged such that I can badger him into playing it. The way I see it, I'll always have fe4, so they'd have to fuck it up pretty bad for me to actually be offended by whatever they did to remake it.

Please no FE4 remake. Judging by FE12 and FE13, I can already see it.

Another Avatar that has both Naga nad Loptyr blood. Avatar becomes focus of Manfroy and co. Avatar can marry any character and produce child more broken than Julia. Gen 1 characters are now all alive and can be recruited in Gen 2... by paid DLC.

Please no.

I wish I had enough room in my sig for this.

A massive FE4+5 Wii U remake divided in Parts, something like this:

Part 1: Remake of FE4 Gen 1, with everything from "Rescue Aideen!" to the Battle of Barhara.

Part 2: New to this game, taking place halfway through the gap between the two Gens of FE4. Something that tells how Shanan and Oifaye fared after escaping to Isaac. Shanan will start as a Lv.1 Myrmidon and Oifaye as a Lv.1 Cavalier. Characters like Delmud, Lester, Rana and the Swordtwins could be playable here, maybe even Seliph as a unique Trainee class that force-promotes to Lord by the end of this part. Include some new characters, maybe even rewrite some of the substitutes into the story.

Part 3: Remake of FE5 from the beginning until Ch.18, ending with Leif taking back Leonster.

Part 4: Starts with the beginning of FE4 Gen 2, with Seliph becoming the main Lord. Like FE10, we start switching between Seliph's and Leif's maps each chapter, until they both meet at the end FE4 Ch.7/FE5 Ch.20. The two armies then get divided again in a similar fashion to FE10 Part 4 and everything plays until the takeover of Manster in FE4 Ch.8/FE5 Final. You then have one huge army for the endgame.

Part 5: The last bit of FE4 Ch.8, plus Ch.9, 10 and Endgame.

As bonus stuff, include things like saving certain Gen 1 units depending on your actions through the game (although story-important characters like Sigurd, Deirdre, Quan, Ethlyn, Lewyn and Claude would still die no matter what).

"THE GRAPHICS"

"what about em"

"THEY'RE...OLD"

"they're the ancestors of your favorites, also look at that wicked vintage 80's anime hair"

"EHH"

and

"THE MAP"

"what about it"

"IT'S RIDICULOUSLY BIG"

"EHHH"

This reads exactly like the time I tried to convince a friend to give the game a try, but to no avail. He likes the modern games especially Path of Radiance.

This reads exactly like the time I tried to convince a friend to give the game a try, but to no avail. He likes the modern games especially Path of Radiance.

Don't worry--FE9 will soon join the ranks of a game that's old, janky, and ugly.

A massive FE4+5 Wii U remake divided in Parts, something like this:

Part 1: Remake of FE4 Gen 1, with everything from "Rescue Aideen!" to the Battle of Barhara.

Part 2: New to this game, taking place halfway through the gap between the two Gens of FE4. Something that tells how Shanan and Oifaye fared after escaping to Isaac. Shanan will start as a Lv.1 Myrmidon and Oifaye as a Lv.1 Cavalier. Characters like Delmud, Lester, Rana and the Swordtwins could be playable here, maybe even Seliph as a unique Trainee class that force-promotes to Lord by the end of this part. Include some new characters, maybe even rewrite some of the substitutes into the story.

Part 3: Remake of FE5 from the beginning until Ch.18, ending with Leif taking back Leonster.

Part 4: Starts with the beginning of FE4 Gen 2, with Seliph becoming the main Lord. Like FE10, we start switching between Seliph's and Leif's maps each chapter, until they both meet at the end FE4 Ch.7/FE5 Ch.20. The two armies then get divided again in a similar fashion to FE10 Part 4 and everything plays until the takeover of Manster in FE4 Ch.8/FE5 Final. You then have one huge army for the endgame.

Part 5: The last bit of FE4 Ch.8, plus Ch.9, 10 and Endgame.

As bonus stuff, include things like saving certain Gen 1 units depending on your actions through the game (although story-important characters like Sigurd, Deirdre, Quan, Ethlyn, Lewyn and Claude would still die no matter what).

I like this idea (but I'd sure like to see some of the surviving Gen 1 ladies like Aideen get screentime in the new chapters) but I think Ranger Jack Walker's idea of an FE4 remake is more likely. 'Cause your idea assumes that IS actually cares about expanding the games in a way that's faithful to the spirit of the originals, as opposed to giving us self-insert romantic shenanigans and such.

I want a remake of FE6. With better mug quality, some evening out of the game's percentages, good localization and updated music. Put it on the 3DS eShop and package it with FE7. That would be wiggy.

Edited by Ser Florina

Considering just how much of FE4 gets retconned in FE5, combining them into one game is a bad idea. I wouldn't mind 2 seperate remakes of them though, as long as they avoid changing anything in the story or adding an Avatar but I don't know if they'd do that.

Okay, I see your point RJW. It is a potential problem for FE 4 + 5. (The avatar stuff that is)

But I don't think they'd put an avatar in if both were made together, as rewriting it for that purpose would hurt it as a whole (They probably wouldn't derail 2 of the best considered games to add an Avatar, right? :sweatdrop: ). The real problem is how the game'd be made towards keeping old features or newer ones. Frankly I'd give the benefit of the doubt (not knowing how it'd be in the beginning). But I haven't played much of these (Thracia is horrible to patch, only one to not work for me so far). And I think the scale of the games is accommodatable for 3DS, as on Wii U it'd probably get underwhelming.

(Also I actually am far more forgiving of awakening. Sadly some of that is due to forgetfullness. That says a lot of bad things.)

I also would like just Fe2 on its own. They way it's been included in the poll here is just weird.

And any remake should be on the 3DS. A Fire Emblem game for the Wii U should be reserved for a huge original project.

Edited by Jotari

I love fe4 in all its dated, flawed glory, but a cousin of mine who's a fan of the whole modern series up to Awakening (hasn't played yet) won't even get past the first chapter because

"THE GRAPHICS"

"what about em"

"THEY'RE...OLD"

"EHH"

and

"THE MAP"

"what about it"

"IT'S RIDICULOUSLY BIG"

"EHHH"

and

"THIS GUY w/GREEN HAIR LOOKS LIKE A GIRL"

"you shitlord this is fire emblem it's not exactly uncharted territory"

"EHHHH"

and..

"THE MUSIC-"

"you shut the fuck up before you say something regrettable"

"..EH"

(Canadians)

Basically I just want fe4 packaged such that I can badger him into playing it. The way I see it, I'll always have fe4, so they'd have to fuck it up pretty bad for me to actually be offended by whatever they did to remake it.

I'm just seeing this today and it made my day.