The competitive teams topic.

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I'll try the trick and scarf idea. If that doesn't work, I'll just use an agility set. Ugh trick is by move tutor

Edited by Comet

Current 3v3 team: Modest Rain Dance Kingdra (Item: Life Orb. Moves: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Draco Meteor) and Adamant Technician Scizor (Item: Choice Band. Moves: Bullet Punch, Pursuit, U Turn, and...Aerial Ace. I have no BW2 Move Tutors on my side). EV spreads are kinda lazy (Kingdra: 252 Spd/Sp Atk. Scizor: 252 Atk/HP)

I'm a bit at odds with myself for the third member; Breloom, Jolteon, or Assault Vest Conkeldurr?

Edited by Mister Sunshine Sprinkles

So, I managed to get a latios with HP Fire in pokemon X, and I'm planning on using the following set:

Latios @ life orb

Timid 252 SPE 252 SPA 4 HP

Draco meteor

Psyshock

Roost

Surf/HP Fire

Which one is better for him? Surf or HP Fire?

In gen VI, the power of HP is always 60.

It seems quite low, but it would help latios to OHKO Scizor, ferrothorn, forretres without sturdy and genesect (though the latter is probably rare outside of simulators)

Edited by Nobody

So, I've managed to build a team that's given me some success in Rated Special battles. However, there's one Pokémon I never seen to take, a Rotom-H, and so I've been thinking of swapping it out for a Banette, since my team doesn't particularly rely solely on it's mega (which is Lucario), and has trouble with Pranksters and the occasional Protect blocking.

Adamant - Frisk => Prankster

(HP: 252 / Atk: 172 / Def: 80 / S.Def: 4)

- Taunt

- Will-O-Wisp

- Phantom Force

- Protect

According to some calculations I've been doing, this set up can OHKO just about any Meowstic (bar 252 HP/252 Def Bold), along with most Ghosts and Psychics, aside from the very bulky ones like Gourgeist. It can survive a Choice Band Brave Bird from an Adamant Talonflame, and a Modest Charizard Y's Heat Wave. Frisk is handy for cluing me in to what the opponent might be running. Shuts down physical attackers, as well as other Pranksters. Phantom Force is rather strong coming from base 165 atk, and is misery for people hoping to Protect.

Any suggestion for improvements?

Edited by Shuuda

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for some team advice (I'm quite inexperienced):

[spoiler=team]BjqlNNO.png

I'd prefer to build the team around Garchomp and Talonflame. Starmie delivered good results as a sweeper aswell and, so far, is my only spin user.

My concern is whether my "tanks" are well chosen. Skarmory didn't deliver results, that's why I switched to Mamoswine with EQ/Endeavor/Ice Shard/SR in Showdown.

This leaves my team weak to Psyshock though with Venusaur being weak to it and Florges being squishy on the physical side.

Any recommendations on what I should use instead of Skarmory/Mamoswine? I don't insist on Venusaur aswell, he just seemed great to help me vs Rotom-W.

I guess Umbreon as Cleric could greatly help in Showdown, but I won't get one with Heal Bell ingame.

I'm open for any suggestions and help, imo the main issues are the weakness to Psyshock, few tools to handle entry hazards (SR cripple Talonflame and Sticky Web Garchomp) and missing any dark and phazing moves.

I'm using Florges ingame because Sylveon requires a movement tutor for Heal Bell.

I actually used Mandibuzz in another team, might be good idea - but I'd be devoid of any entry hazards (but Mandibuzz would provide dark, phazing and maybe defog/taunt in one Pokemon).

That vulture sounds reasonable, but, besides, Psyshock, 252 SpD worked quite well for Florges - I thought it was the default build on Showdown aswell.

I'm also interested in opinions on the other Pokemon - for example, imo Choice Band Talonflame was too restricted and Tailwind is a great support move for Garchomp (although I don't use it every match). I thought about using Roost or SD instead of u-turn.

Here's a sneaky Latias set put on all reg Latias move sets AND sucker punch replacing one move it works well if you have a zoroark cause then people think Latias is actually zoro when it's not :p

Ren the Tyranitar((I love nicknaming my PKMN, so it does not matter))

Nature: Jolly

EV: ((Need help, on it's EV))

IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31

Ability: Sand Stream

Item: Tyranitarite

Movesets: ((You can suggest, me a movesets for him, if you like))

Egg Move: Dragon Dance

Iron Head

Stealth Rock

Pursuit/Outrage?

No Outrage, Dragon moves aren't too great on anything but Dragons. You should take Stone Edge instead of Iron Head imo, both stabs are strong offensivewise and should be used.

So, It'll be like this?

Movesets: Dragon Dance

Stealth Rocks

Stone Edge

Earthquake?

Should Stealth Rock be run on a Dragon Dance set? Both SR and DD are usually used when you force a switch or are in a favorable match-up. Shouldn't a DD set run 3 offensive moves.

I would go with:

Dragon Dance

Crunch

Stone Edge

Earthquake

most dd t-tar sets run 252 attack/252 speed. if you wanted to go for more bulk something like 144 hp/252 attack/112 speed would allow you to outrun positive base 100's after one boost, but without lefties recovery you're probably better off just maxing speed anyway. so yeah, 252 attack/252 speed.

also consider using rock slide over stone edge. because you're getting the speed boost from dragon dance that allows you to take advantage of the flinch chance that rock slide gives in exchange for some power. that's preference though.

Edited by bonesaw

i use stealth rock just for utility and so Ttar can still do something if it's paralyzed/burned, but 3 attacks should generally be better. Jolly mega Tyranitar only needs 248 speed evs to outpace some common base, can't remember right now (110?).

Current team is Assault Vest Conkeldurr (Drain/Mach Punch, Payback, Stone Edge), Lum Berry Volcarona (Fire Blast, Psychic, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance), Life Orb Reuniclus (Psyshock, Trick Room, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball), Choice Band Azumarril (Play Rough, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Waterfall), Black Sludge Crobat (Defog, Toxic, U Turn, Brave Bird), and Leftovers Ferrothorn (Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Power Whip).

I make a lot of questionable choices in my sets, but i can explain. I didn't have B/W2 Move Tutors on my side, when i made this team (No Knock Off or Ice Punch for Conky, or Giga Drain for Volcarona), and for everything else, I just couldn't be arsed.

EV spreads are admittedly lazy, other than Ferrothorn's 252 HP, 194 Sp Def, and 64 Def. Volcarona and Crobat have 252 Attack(Special Attack)/Speed , while Azumarril, Reuniclus, and Conkeldurr have 252 HP/Attack(Special Attack). I remember someone saying that max HP, without any investment in other defensive stats is anything but optimal, so I'll probably fix that soon.

Any advice, and tweaks that would help?

It won't be easy to help without stating what you have problem with

A well made Double Bird team would be troublesome though, so I would prefer having a Ttar somewhere on your team

Edited by JSND