The worst archer in all of Fire Emblem

PKL

archers  

119 members have voted

1. 1. who is it?

2. 2. Best?

Igrene's pretty damn good, too.

Yeah, Igrene's actually good. Like, I trained Klein in a regular draft and he was complete shit. Was like 5 levels above Igrene and she had better bases than him. Although HM bonus might give him the lead

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with HM bases Klein averages out the same as Igrene. His only real advantage is A Bows. I don't think he's that likely to get many levels between 10/11 and 15 either because enemies aren't giving much exp to promoted units, and he has to proc speed twice to tie her speed base.

Without HM bonus Igrene is generally better. Klein's still useful though.

A bows is a pretty big deal, you have to use igrene a LOT to get her to S because of fe6 weapon ranks

also klein has join time etc so imo he's better overall

as for the best, i'm inclined to say jamka because there are very few archers that just come as orko'ing machines just out of the gate, and faval, while pretty good in his own right, comes at a point where all the mounts are promoting, which is kind of unfourtunate for him

If only Faval had the option to promote to Bow Knight. Holy geez, he'd be good. I mean, he IS good already, but he'd be even better since he'd be keeping up with Seliph, Ares, and the other mounts.

why use lester at all if that were the case

The worst archer in the series isn't actually Ronan but Tanya. You have to defend her in 8x with only Dagda during at least 5 turns.

She's the only archer in the series where it would have been better if she simply did not exist as 8x would have been MUCH easier without her. All the ''good'' she can do the rest of the game do not make up for how much she sucks in 8x. Also if you didn't give her and Dagda vulneraries 8x is impossible and you have to restart the game all over or waste physic staves.

Basically she is a mediocre unit that has no use whatsoever except weakening already weak enemies and pissing you off in 8x. Most others archers in the series can at least be benched the whole game and not piss you off. This is not the case with Tanya.

One of the best would probably be Shinon FE10. An archer that can Tank better than actual tanks? What the hell IS? Although his game is full of badasses.

Voted FE9 Rolf for worst, because he's really annoying to make good, and Astrid exists.

Virion for best because he can get out of Archer class. Eventually. I'm just voting him for being one of the best characters in his game

And I haven't played any of the games that apparently have actually good archers.

Tanya gives a support to Dagda, which is pretty damn good in that chapter considering his accuracy can be a bit dicey and his avoid isn't all that great at this point. I've had him die despite the support bonuses through accumulated hits and bad luck.

I'm sorry but "I want to be a mage" Ronan beats every archer in terms of crap-ness.

The best? Faval, Tanya and FE10!Shinon.

The worst archer in the series isn't actually Ronan but Tanya. You have to defend her in 8x with only Dagda during at least 5 turns.

She's the only archer in the series where it would have been better if she simply did not exist as 8x would have been MUCH easier without her. All the ''good'' she can do the rest of the game do not make up for how much she sucks in 8x. Also if you didn't give her and Dagda vulneraries 8x is impossible and you have to restart the game all over or waste physic staves.

chapter 8x is trivially easy if you give dagda the brave axe in chapter 3

Rolf is still better than Ronan, though, no matter how much you hate him. :P

I found Ronan to be far more useful than Rolf...

Besides assisting with his bro move, his chip is pretty helpful early on IMO.

Posted · Hidden by Narga_Rocks, November 8, 2013 - double
Hidden by Narga_Rocks, November 8, 2013 - double

Rolf is still better than Ronan, though, no matter how much you hate him. :P

Derp I forgot Ronan can assist in Chapter 3.

So really only FE11!Tomas is lame.

I'd beg to differ, considering that Tomas can use Silver with only 2 levels and a seal, and I'd take that over... whatever the hell FE9 Rolf is doing for me, which is a whole lot of nothing.

2 levels is actually a thing especially when you suck like tomas.

Which is still nothing compared to trying to make Rofl usable.

Oh, that's true.

Which is still nothing compared to trying to make Rofl usable.

BEXP can make Rolf usable.

Of course others make better use of it, but FE9 gives you so much BEXP that Rolf getting some wouldn't hurt.