Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was (mostly) joking but we could do it if people find it interesting. To even the field for some of the prepromotes who come later on (would depend on the game), we could also allow weapon ranks to be kept at base and then let any weapons be used. That way the prepromotes who end up with shit stats have better weapons to fall back on. Someone somewhere would probably screw it up though.

Got to have your promotion boosts as high as possible.

I can see this being a section but I'm positive it's going to die out like the debates at some point.

I think it would be closer to the draft forum. Lots of people and matches in the summer. The rest of the year not so much.

Yeah, Randa, finalizing mine.

So now that we've seen one full FE8 game and two ongoing ones, I have to ask: do you see FE6 and FE7 as being something desirable to play? FE7 might be balanced enough to be playable, less reliant on effective damage than FE8 (though FE7 JP does have 3x effectiveness just like PoR), while FE6 will be interesting because the best units will be, like, Shin and Rutger, which is uncanny.

I think the most important question for FE7 and especially FE6 will be whether or not HM bonuses are allowed.

Don't count Fir out either. IIRC her stats are comparable or better to Rutger's in mostly everything but DEF in HM, and she has an arguably better support list. She has Rutger + Shin, whereas Rutger himself has only her out of units that are likely to be good.

I've thought about that too... Guess we'll have to decide later.

Without any Hoplon Guard-like items, it will be a crit happy meta with lots of RNG blessing from Rutger and Fir. Good thing these two don't get any Brave Swords.

Anyone below 26 AS is looking for trouble, and legendary weapons keep Miledy and Zeiss away. Fir having the two best characters as supports probably means any good team ever will have to run all three... I dunno.

And I sent my team in.

Edited by Espinosa

I got it. So I'm probably gonna start the match when I get back from the movies tommorow. So expect 3:00 PM est. if that works for the two of you.

I've thought about that too... Guess we'll have to decide later.

Without any Hoplon Guard-like items, it will be a crit happy meta with lots of RNG blessing from Rutger and Fir. Good thing these two don't get any Brave Swords.

Anyone below 26 AS is looking for trouble, and legendary weapons keep Miledy and Zeiss away. Fir having the two best characters as supports probably means any good team ever will have to run all three... I dunno.

And I sent my team in.

How many characters even reach 27 AS? Other than the aforementioned Rutger/Fir/Shin, there's Sue, Thany, Tate, and... Gonzales? Can't think of anyone else, unless you count Murgleis!Klein/Igrene, but you might as well just stick it on Shin so he can double even the SMs. The problem is that only SMs, NTs, FKs, and Berserkers have a SPD cap of >26. A bunch of units ram their 25 SPD caps. It'll make every team something like Rutger/Fir/Shin/Tate/Gonzales, which isn't much fun.

Sorry I was afk, my phone lost 3g for some random reason.

Fe6/7 HM bonus-afflicted characters should be classified as selectable units via meta, and decided on in match rules.

Espi, if I set up a thing on my Google drive and give you permissions, can you relay me thoughts on an automated stat selector for battle sims? I figured out a way to implement everything except effectiveness and double strikes (and Statboosters, but I think I CAN figure that out). How is your expertise with excel formulae?

*Edit

I think I can set up an effectiveness switch that can just be set in calculations manually. Sucks that I won't be able to automate effectiveness by unit. Nothing really varies in terms of effectiveness (a unit won't suddenly be weak to Horseslayers), so a switch could just be checked for 1x, 2x, or 3x.

Edited by Elieson

I thinking about open and easy to modification LA simulator written in python. You know what I mean. You just write who attack who, and then machine is doing rest for you. In this and next week I don't have time to even begin it, but I'll try it latter.

I guess we could do a no shopping stat boosters thing in FE6?

With NM averages, Shin is actually weighed down by the Murgleis too much to double SMs at 33 AS.

As for viable characters, Generals wouldn't be so bad I guess? Barth and Bors even have a support with each other. They have some hit rate issues though, especially Barth, but the +15 acc support helps with that a little bit.

Espi, if I set up a thing on my Google drive and give you permissions, can you relay me thoughts on an automated stat selector for battle sims? I figured out a way to implement everything except effectiveness and double strikes (and Statboosters, but I think I CAN figure that out). How is your expertise with excel formulae?

*Edit
I think I can set up an effectiveness switch that can just be set in calculations manually. Sucks that I won't be able to automate effectiveness by unit. Nothing really varies in terms of effectiveness (a unit won't suddenly be weak to Horseslayers), so a switch could just be checked for 1x, 2x, or 3x.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what tools you've managed to come up with. I haven't done much in Excel since high school, but I could always try running some rounds of combat with it and see if the results coincide with what I calculate myself.

A problem with effective weaponry is that the Mt is tripled after the weapon triangle is accounted for. If you're attacking a Lancereaver general with a Reginleif for example, Regineif's Mt is reduced from 10 to 8 and it is only then tripled. The Mt could be entered manually I guess?

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

dlne.png7x5q.pngoyzq.png6pej.png2bai.png

Great Lord Great Lord Valkyrie Sniper Wyvern Knight

vs.

Elieson's team

085o.pngq0ik.pngg67z.pngfb88.png5ry8.png

Wyvern Knight Wyvern Knight Great Lord Paladin Sage

Turn 9.

6pej.png vs q0ik.png

Elieson's Tana (Vidofnir) attacks ZM's Innes (Brave Bow)!

24 dmg 70% hit 0% crit 20% Pierce

(71 15 2 28)

Innes receives 24/45 damage!

Tana attacks again!

(6 80 55 78)

Innes receives 21/45 damage!

Innes is KO'd!

Stats:

ZM

Ephraim 0/55

Eirika 47/47

L'Arachel 37/37

Innes 0/45

Vanessa 39/39

Elieson

Cormag 59/59

Tana 16/46

Eirika 0/47

Seth 47/47

Moulder 0/49

ZM acts next!

[spoiler=see teams here]

ZM's team

dlne.png7x5q.pngoyzq.png6pej.png2bai.png

Great Lord Great Lord Valkyrie Sniper Wyvern Knight

vs.

Elieson's team

085o.pngq0ik.pngg67z.pngfb88.png5ry8.png

Wyvern Knight Wyvern Knight Great Lord Paladin Sage

Turn 10.

oyzq.png vs q0ik.png

ZM's L'Arachel (Ivaldi) attacks Elieson's Tana (Vidofnir)!

27 dmg 76% hit 0% crit

(71 88 81)

L'Arachel misses!

Tana counterattacks!

23 dmg 95% hit 2% crit 20% Pierce

(91 56 66 31)

L'Arachel 23/37 damage!

Tana attacks again!

(72 75 75 80)

L'Arachel 14/37 damage!

L'Arachel is KO'd!

Stats: