Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Yeah, no being weighed down by anything in the FE8 maximum stats meta.

Pupil Ewan has 32 AS with Excalibur, and lots of 26 AS guys with Excalibur/Garm get to 31 AS. Don't think running somebody like Ephraim will be a good idea anymore (considering the defence stats have all gone up).

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe10/personajes/edward.htm

Anybody tech-savvy enough to help me figure out how to download images off sites like this? I can't right-click or save anything. I remember there being some method of accessing separate parts of the webpage, like images, using the browser, but it's been a while since I last did that.

Trying to gather materials for RD arena here...

What are you guys thinking about mastery skills for FE10?

I think if we allow them, we'll be seeing all four Nihils, as well as one Parity, on every team. :P

But there's really no easy way to ban them and still stay close to the actual game.

What are you guys thinking about mastery skills for FE10?

I think if we allow them, we'll be seeing all four Nihils, as well as one Parity, on every team. :P

But there's really no easy way to ban them and still stay close to the actual game.

We would be seeing all Nihils even without those skills. That said, I believe making the mastery skills work exactly like their PoR counterparts (and extrapolating the rest like the newly introduced Laguz skills), maybe with slight adjustments to reflect the changes RD introduced to them, is the way to go.

An idea I proposed initially was to disallow the free passing of innate skills, e.g. Calill can keep her Nihil, but she can't give it to somebody else.

And I'm going to gather lots of RD save states when we start doing RD arena because there's so much that will need to be tested (not sure what right now, but we'll see).

We would be seeing all Nihils even without those skills. That said, I believe making the mastery skills work exactly like their PoR counterparts (and extrapolating the rest like the newly introduced Laguz skills), maybe with slight adjustments to reflect the changes RD introduced to them, is the way to go.

An idea I proposed initially was to disallow the free passing of innate skills, e.g. Calill can keep her Nihil, but she can't give it to somebody else.

And I'm going to gather lots of RD save states when we start doing RD arena because there's so much that will need to be tested (not sure what right now, but we'll see).

Thing is, not passing innate skills won't allow hilarious Resolve performances with Sages :awesome:. If innate skills are to stay on each unit, then there'd be a free Nihil because Calill, Nolan and Nasir will have it "locked", while Lucia will stay with Parity. That being said, skills will be pretty much active in a meta where Calill, Nolan and Nasir are not present. Add to that, that Parity is now a command skill so Lucia is wide open for being owned with masteries/adept/wrath or resolve.

edit: And killing Calill'll be pretty easy, though Nolan and Nasir can be of trouble.

Edited by Quintessence

Remember that Parity is a command in FE10, so it doesnt protect against masteries in EP. Also, most unbalanced meta. We have 40+ spd royals, then 40 spd royals, masteries, snipers with 34 spd, most of the beorc not having enough caps to compete, etc. We have to ban lots of things in FE10.

Edited by PKL

Remember that Parity is a command in FE10, so it doesnt protect against masteries in EP. Also, most unbalanced meta. We have 40+ spd royals, then 40 spd royals, masteries, snipers with 34 spd, most of the beorc not having enough caps to compete, etc. We have to ban lots of things in FE10.

Yeah, that's what makes Parity pretty terrible. The only utility Parity has is nullifying the def bonuses by 4-E.