Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Yeah, it'd be best if Shin hosted the FE4 game. I didn't get particularly far in FE4 all 8 or so times I'd played the game. It's too slow and I begin to lose patience.

Hi!

I haven't been her since like 2014y or so... Somebody even remember me? :P

Anyway, I'm still huge fan of FELinka Arena idea, but many things happen since last time. I'm trying to read some topic but it's so much stuff.

I've played competitive in pokemons and I feel that FEs don't have many important things which pokemons have. Heck, when I thing about strategies and team in FELA I feel that is not even in half as complicated as it is in some other games. I've got few ideas and I will work with them. It may help the FELA.

I was wondering where you went.

Not a whole lot has changed as we've only played a few games recently. I didn't visit these forums for a year or so, and no games were played at all during that period.

And yeah, LA is pretty different from Pokemon. Maybe we should introduce Stealth Rock or something (some of the FE14 abilities vaguely resemble that actually, like Kazahana's skill).

Edited by Snoop Dogg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that main problem of FELA is that you can attack every unit with every unit without any penalty. In pokemon you lost turn if you want to switch. Result of that is main strategic problem is to make a team and after that you just mash buttons. However I don't think that FELA should be copy of pokemon battles, because FE lack of whole types, STABS, stat boosting moves, status and other.

The battles should take place on a map. But not full size maps like those one in FE6, but small, symmetric maps which contains choke point, long roads, maybe even chests and special areas? Or maybe just mechanic of layers where tanks are in first position where they are taking all hits and sages and other magicians are at back, supporting with heals or something. Of course nerf of mounts in necessary.

Of course whole FE never meant to be strategic simulator. It was always "good heroes are mashing many bad dudes" which mean that every 1v1 battle is pain. Boss fights are complexly terrible and based on luck, not on skill. That's why many mechanics are unusable in FELA.

For example double attack mechanism is completely broken. It's ridiculous that 4 more speed gives you 2 times more dmg. Also whole hit formula have to be remake. It's not funny watching few turns in a row dodges and other.

I have another idea about level ups. Maybe units would start at specific level (let's say base level) and after every turn they gets like N level ups which would make picking jagens for ealrygame damage more viable or taking other units for better lategame combat.

I know that is a lot of changes, ideas but I think we need something like that to FELA. and we need a lot of research.

That idea is pretty cool and I'd like to help if possible. Maps, terrain, level ups and such will make LA more complex and rich of content, where the use of staves, dancing and such will play a huge role.

I'll play you Horace if you want.

Sure. Someone host please?

Anon, I was talking to Jedi earlier, and he mentioned wanting to get into the FE9 meta, i'll see if he wants to play.

Edited by General Horace

It's all up to you. I'm not gonna build a team to counter your first team if you decide to use that regardless, wanna try a few things.

Thanks quint.

Edited by General Horace

Ah, right, must have gotten lost in the new ideas. I'll ask him if he comes by.

I'll make a team, dno if I'll have one until like monday though.

I've been watching these, and I wanted to know if anyone wanted to play/host an FE5 LA with me?

I can play with you but:

-3 skills per character max

-3 rings per character max

-skills and rings have to be possible in game (for example: no 9 speed rings and 3 luna)

-No immortal Finn, aware Trewd, hot Nannna and OP Galzus with his daughter

I need someone to host this battle! I need you!

Edit: and no holsety

Edited by Nicolas

I can play with you but:

-3 skills per character max

-3 rings per character max

-skills and rings have to be possible in game (for example: no 9 speed rings and 3 luna)

-No immortal Finn, aware Trewd, hot Nannna and OP Galzus with his daughter

I need someone to host this battle! I need you!

Edit: and no holsety

Sounds good. Does the three skills include those granted by weapons? (Like Mareeta's sword but that doesn't count.)

'Tis fine, now we just need a host. Is cut supports, averages, boosters okay with you? In which case, all we need is a host.

Sounds good, I was gonna ask the same.

So, a rough tier list for the FE4 Gen 2 characters anyone? Who really stands out and dominates the most?

Sword Twins Tier

Sword Twins

Provides hit/avoid Tier

Celice

Delmud

Nanna

Won't die immediately Tier

Alec's kids

Leaf

Everyone else Tier

Everyone else

Pretty much this, it's pretty swingy with regards to hits and crits, mostly because there's massive potential to die horribly to the likes of astra and crits.

Hey guys it's good to see this thing getting a second wind. Unfortunately I don't see myself getting involved with it again as far as hosting goes any time soon but I'll definitely continue following this thread. Also Elie I really like the work you did with Excel. I had been working on a similar project before my disappearance over a year ago holy crap but going for FE13 compatibility right off the bat is pretty impressive.

Sword Twins Tier

Sword Twins

Provides hit/avoid Tier

Celice

Delmud

Nanna

Won't die immediately Tier

Alec's kids

Leaf

Everyone else Tier

Everyone else

Pretty much this, it's pretty swingy with regards to hits and crits, mostly because there's massive potential to die horribly to the likes of astra and crits.

Technically Laylea is in provides hit/avoid Tier