Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carmine Sword already agreed to play me a few pages back. You can have your revenge later

I have a Gen 1 Horace v Chicken Wings again that I'll prep tomorrow morning!

I should be fighting Carmine. I guess he hasn't sent a team in yet.

I've got blackzero's and ZM's FE7 averages teams, but i'm too tired to put them up tonight. I probably won't get them up tomorrow because there's construction around my house so I have to leave a bit earlier in the mornings for work.

EDIT: You could play doof and I could host?

EDIT2: I guess you've seen his team though, huh.

Edited by General Horace

I wanna play some fela 6 max stats. I have perfect, unbeatae team.

Anyone wanna face me or host?

FYI zerosaber: I cannot calculate your move right now.

Edited by Nicolas

I might be interested in a tournament, though I'm not sure I'd get far.

Also, I have an idea for a type of match. What if there was a type of match with only Iron/steel/silver(All weapons must be one of those kinds) weapons allowed?

who would ever use Iron/Steel (unless they were trying to get around Wrath/Resolve)?

So a match with only silvers. Honestly, it still has the potential to be interesting, but at least in FE9, I like the debate between Silver, Brave or S Rank.

I might be interested in a tournament, though I'm not sure I'd get far.

If you can plan it, I'm interested, Anon.

Well, I don't think planning would be to hard, since once you get the bracket it's mostly just a series of matches. Of course, there's the matter of what game to play and what rules.

I'm interested in a tournament too, as long as it's not a silly meta like Fe4. I won't be able to host anything from August 2nd to 10th though, I'm IN AMERICA.

'MURICA!

Well, that's fine, I don't know if we'd even start by then.

So, what shall we do? FE9, FE9 Cut Supports, Awakening Maxes?

I'm still of the opinion that a meta with boosters is more interesting since a lot of units become totally useless or interchangeable with maxes. Awakening isn't as bad with skills though.

I'm still of the opinion that a meta with boosters is more interesting since a lot of units become totally useless or interchangeable with maxes. Awakening isn't as bad with skills though.

That's a fair accusation, but I also find maxes kinda fun. I think skills is a big part of why, actually. Of course, we don't have to do Awakening, Lord knows I'd be better at FE9, but it seems popular.

An Awakening tourney would be the best because we've milked everything out of PoR so it would be boring, I think. Awakening gen 1 maxes has that nice balance of playability and being able to have any character do something. Even somebody like Anna or Cherche who you'd think have no redeeming qualities can genuinely do useful things on the battlefield.

I'd be down to have the tourney going in the nearest future, and it's best to start ASAP while it's still July 'cause I know I can't be the only one who'll be really busy when autumn kicks in.

I think that Fe9 is the best meta , and cut supports adds a bunch more options. Some stuff like Nasir and Maka/Brom might need to be looked at though.

Nasir's already banned though, so we can just leave him and Ena banned together.

Makabrom may need evaluation though. It's certainly not as broken as Ike/Oscar, but it might need to be looked at.

I have a cut supports team in my, actually...sort of, it's admittedly not complete, but I'll have something to use at least.

An Awakening tourney would be the best because we've milked everything out of PoR so it would be boring, I think. Awakening gen 1 maxes has that nice balance of playability and being able to have any character do something. Even somebody like Anna or Cherche who you'd think have no redeeming qualities can genuinely do useful things on the battlefield.

I'd be down to have the tourney going in the nearest future, and it's best to start ASAP while it's still July 'cause I know I can't be the only one who'll be really busy when autumn kicks in.

...ooh, conflicting opinions! This will be fun. In the end, I'd like a tournament for each though, if no one objects. Admittedly we have done a lot for FE9, but a tournament might lead to some new discoveries.

I wanna play some fela 6 max stats. I have perfect, unbeatae team.

Anyone wanna face me or host?

FYI zerosaber: I cannot calculate your move right now.

I'm interested if no one else has replied! Any restrictions I should be aware of?