Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have PKL's and ZM's FE8 teams in PM. We could start another game, but I don't want to have 3 stalled games being active at once. It's hard to participate/run and follow to enjoy/make conclusions about mechanics/balance and such like stuff. Wow, that's a lot of forward slashes :/

Wrath only activates if the attacker has Ambush (IIRC).

you meant, if the defender has ambush. wrath is a pretty hard counter to vantage (or ambush) because you can guarantee a wrath activation. in the FE5 metagame, vantage might actually be a detriment instead of a boon!

@Dio: I'm interested in FE5 myself. Wanna try?

OTOH I need to know the ruling with Item Slot(FE5 have like.... 8 Item Slot), Scrolls(obviously for anti crit), Skills etc. Not to mention the whole Mareeta roflstomping

Sure. Let me look at this tomorrow since I'm going to sleep soon,

7 items. Perhaps scrolls can just be banned from both use in the fight and to determine stats. And tell me about it, she can still have decent 1-2 range with a Fire Sword while keeping both sword skills active.

Edited by Woodshooter

Banning Mareeta or her sword also means Trewd become a must use or Finn would be stupid. Like... Finn gained 88% on death evasion + 72 evasion(second highest after Sety) with FBL. And throw in Nanna and he gets 92 evasion. Vs say... Max stats Selphina with support, she only have average of 11% chance to hit

Eyrios and Olwen might not be as op tho. Eyrios still decent thanks to his skillset and stats, but he has no support karin aside. Olwen is kind of good, but some of her downside just... sucks. Either her dt set get doubled by even extremely slow stuff and kills everything with 25% crit, or hs which grant prayer, but she gets doubled by most character, and does terrible damage unless she's fighting cavs. She kinda remind me of Illyana in fe9 meta from what I've seen, minus the ability to give her stall stuff

As for Scrolls, stats is obvious no, but the no crit need to be discussed. Scroll meta all but makes guys like Felgus totally worthless, but otoh doubling only happened if you used really slow unit, which is rare unless you used Wind Sword

Edited by JSND

The only things I can see needing an immediate ban are Holsety, Sleep Swords, and maybe the Hero Lance (you have a 1/8 chance to hit Prayer-range Finn at best). Scrolls prevent crits but with FE5's crit-biased system it might be better this way, and you still have to play carefully around Wrath.

The only things I can see needing an immediate ban are Holsety, Sleep Swords, and maybe the Hero Lance (you have a 1/8 chance to hit Prayer-range Finn at best). Scrolls prevent crits but with FE5's crit-biased system it might be better this way, and you still have to play carefully around Wrath.

d'aww

Now I'll have to rely on Berserk Swords instead :[

Turn 10

[spoiler=Teams and Rules]

Espinosa's team
tpz7.pngiqfw.png3jbw.png84ka.pngeofp.png

VS

ZeeEmm's team
1du9.pngtq2g.png6ryz.pngvow8.pngk85u.png

Ruleset:
- Maximum Stats meta, no boosters, no custom skills
- Shade active until 2 members have fallen, Provoke always active
- GBA-style counter
- NOJ Effectiveness (3x)

The Transformation Gauge belonging to ZeeEmm's Lethe has decreased by 3. Lethe's Gauge is at 4/20.

tpz7.png vs. 6ryz.png

ZeeEmm's Jill (Silver Lance+) attacks Espinosa's Ike (Brave Sword)!

22 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 13% Skill
(65 14 59 100)

Ike receives 22 damage! Ike dies.

--Result--

Current HP (Espinosa's Team)
Ike: 0/60
Boyd: 46/60
Brom: 55/60
Nephenee: 0/59
Ena: 72/72

Current HP (ZeeEmm's Team)
Makalov: 0/60
Astrid: 56/56
Jill: 60/60
Haar: 40/60
Lethe: 31/68

Turn 10 Ends. Espinosa performs next.

Edited by Elieson

ZeeEmm's Jill (Silver Lance+) attacks Espinosa's Ike (Brave Sword)!

22 dmg 100% hit 0% crit 13% Skill

(65 14 59 100)

By the way, 100 isn't an RN (if it were, there'd be a chance to whiff with 100% hit). You should specify a range from 0 to 99 instead.

I'm still looking for another Fe8 team to play against randa, as well as some Fe5 teams unless I missed something and espinosa is running that. If I don't receive them today I'm not confident I'll be able to run the games tomorrow

Well with all three of you plus randa i can host 2 fe8 games. Quint, what needs to be sent is your team of 5, with their weapons, supports, and which weapon they have S rank in. Assuming all 3 of you send me a team I'll say the first one gets paired with Randa and the next 2 play each other. If you could send your teams within 8 hours that would be excellent.

My FE5 team is somewhat ready... about 2 more character changes and items set up. Who's hosting btw?

Which, on this note I wondered if theres any banned weapon. X Naut mentioned the 3 primary suspect. Is that all?

I'm still looking for another Fe8 team to play against randa, as well as some Fe5 teams unless I missed something and espinosa is running that. If I don't receive them today I'm not confident I'll be able to run the games tomorrow

I'll send you a FE5 team shortly, so that even if the match tomorrow doesn't happen we'll be closer to holding one regardless.