Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

FE6 mechanics are rather simple, so here's a quick FE6 mechanics FAQ (non-exhaustive) that you can feel free to use:

Essential mechanics

• 2 random numbers are averaged to determine hit; 1 random number determines critical.
  • Weapon triangle bonus and penalty are 1 MT, 10 hit.
  • All versions of the game use 3x effective MT, calculated after weapon triangle effects.
  • Units can S rank any number of their class's usable weapon types.
  • There are no S rank bonuses for hit or critical.

Specific mechanics

• Weapons that reverse the weapon triangle do not double resultant weapon triangle bonuses or penalties.
  • Rapier, Horseslayer, and Halberd do not do effective damage against valkyries and nomad troopers.
  • Murgleis does not do effective damage against falcoknights.
  • The Delphi Shield does not block effective damage from Murgleis against wyvern lords.
  • The Binding Blade and Divinestone do not do effective damage against wyvern lords.
  • Light Brand functions like a normal sword from 1-range and does a fixed 10 HP damage attack from 2-range. The 2-range attack is considered light magic and is subject to magic triangle effects.
Edited by dondon151

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dondon; will paste that when I start filling the sections for each game with suchlike information.

Does anybody else feel that FE7 is the one game that benefits from a stat booster metagame the most? It almost rivals FE6 when it comes to having a large cast of unviable characters. The Uber Spear actually adds more units to the list of usable ones (and does affect their performance quite drastically).

The boosters meta may not even balance things out that well, actually... For example, units like Raven will be able to buff up their support buddies so that they can at least function decently together, and units like Dart and fragile mages/snipers can patch up their weaknesses, but think about it - Lyn gets Body Ring access and ascends from 29 AS to 30 AS with the Rienfleche, doubling absolutely everybody who's not SM, Assassin, Sniper, Nomad Trooper, Falcoknight or Berserker (okay, not the shortest list, I'll give you that). Her sniping also hurts more with her being the best candidate for the Lyn Mode Energy Ring.

Want to try boosters with the Uber Spear then?

Sure. A good way to get into the FE7 LA metas, and an entirely new kind of match to show.

Will research stuff for a bit though, so the team might take quite a bit longer than usual to make (which is normally like 10-30 minutes for me).

Edited by Espinosa

Sure. A good way to get into the FE7 LA metas, and an entirely new kind of match to show.

Will research stuff for a bit though, so the team might take quite a bit longer than usual to make (which is normally like 10-30 minutes for me).

I haven't even started so no worries.

Also, did you assume Hector mode for the statboosters, since you didn't include the eliwood mode Dracoshield and Energy ring.

turns out it looks like HHM, since it appears to include sealen's stealable shield and 19xx items.

Edited by General Horace

I haven't even started so no worries.

Also, did you assume Hector mode for the statboosters, since you didn't include the eliwood mode Dracoshield and Energy ring.

Yeah, all the stats are from HHM, so the boosters would have to correspond with that as well. Would Eliwood Mode miss on some other boosters? I think I looked it up, but I forget what conclusion I came to.

what if you added the option of a mario kart double dash item like a booster or emblem seal

I lmao'd at first, but it's authentic and the boosters are pretty valuable. Maybe going to add those some other time (when we decide what to do with Normal Mode variations / Eliwood Mode).

Edited by Espinosa

Made an FE9 averages, statboosters, custom skills team. It's actually kind of amazing, anyone wanna battle it?

Quickly compiled the class caps for FE6, so now anyone can try a much broader range of potential teams besides Shin/Rutger/Shin + supports / "counters" (honestly they counter each other and nobody else quite does), based on support and class synergy instead of reusing the same units. The list assumes infinite boosters for all stats, so you can have support triangles like Marcus x Roy x Wolt and whatever stuff would be unthinkable in averages metas. Viable Geese, Wendy and 60/30/30 bulk Roy sound pretty threatening, huh?

"Limited boosters" in FE6 is a lost cause, honestly.