Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Yeah, I know fuck all about maximum stats haha. Apparently the Dragons are real monsters in there or something!

It's just Ena, because she has so much room for growth, unlike Nasir. Even if she's untransformed, she's hard to double, can't be attacked with effective weapons and recovers 7 HP per turn while maintaining supported General-level defence with huge HP.

We still don't know if she should be banned, but I didn't allow her for the first LA draft.

Leadership stars is just +3 hit/avo; not a big deal I guess. I dunno if Cyas would be viable with max stats; probably not.

I think a FE5 max stats+boosters meta should be assembled so that all these other cool characters, like Wrath Mages, Olwen and Xavier, also see some play. Maybe some bow people will appear?

Nearly everyone having 20s in each stat simplifies the calcs, and it's not only Mareeta who will get a durability boost - this applies to guys like Trewd and caster folks (Trewd supposedly a Mareeta counter), too.

Would anybody mind looking over my list of boosters that I'm gonna compile based on the info on GF and FoW right now?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my "need to try list" are Xavier(13 Speed ruined everything, but his ability make him a Glass Cannon).

I think Xavier should take life ring also. That would make charge actually useful. Now most of guys have higher HP than he.

Well, compared to Mareeta, Trewd is already damn bulky(57/16). He also did not have as much offense as Mareeta's lol3procs

Caster really need to have 3 WT or less Tome to be viable, and the only one who have that with solid MT is Asvel. Even worse thanks to their lack of Brave effect, their offense in Max stats meta is ridiculous

Like... Asvel without continue procs 7RKOs

@Nic: Xavier problem is more on whether can he hit and his speed

If the enemy attacked, he countered with Double Crit. Thanks to FE5 hilarious crit mechanic, this is p much an ORKO if it hits

If they did not attack(because he have wrath, this could be likely), he have HP advantage anyway

Edited by JSND

2 Life Ring
2 Speed Ring
3 Shield Ring
2 Skill Ring
3 Magic Ring
2 Luck Ring
1 Body Ring
1 Power Ring

The list based solely on AquiIae's FAQ.

So even without max stats, Olwen can get good HP, def, fix her low build and have 18 AS with the Holy Sword. However, I dunno if most of these boosters aren't best invested into somebody else.

Evayle could be buffed up if you want to use both Othin and Mareeta in the same team.

All users of Wrath could become a bit better, though Brighton doesn't really need any boosts that desperately, nor does Othin.

With max stats on the other hand, I'd love to use Xavier and Sara (Wrath + Big Shield and Wrath + Prayer respectively), but wouldn't initiate any attacks with them...

Edited by Espinosa

There are at least 2 Luck Ring, one in Lenster Castle, and one in village

Also seems like you can buy everything in a secret shop (and you can probably get a lot of money if you're patient). Everybody with 80/20s in all stats does sound boring, though.

Do you really need to limit HP? I don't see how it would break things, not to mention Marty would get -6HP for no reason (and who doesn't want 80HP Marty time).

[spoiler=Averages]

Unit: Accuracy, Avoid, Critical

Roy: 65, 78, 12

Marcus: 43, 46, 9

Allen: 51, 68, 10

Lance: 57, 65, 12

Wolt: 60, 61, 13

Bors: 45, 65, 8

Ellen: 55, 64, 10

Dieck: 62, 61, 13

Ward: 56, 49, 11

Lott: 46, 57, 10

Thany: 64, 84, 12

Chad: 33, 55, 6

Lugh: 61, 68, 13

Clarine: 59, 80, 11

Rutger: 65, 74, 44

Saul: 51, 57, 12

Dorothy: 58, 66, 12

Sue: 67, 83, 14

Zealot: 36, 42, 8

Treck: 49, 65, 9

Noah: 55, 61, 11

Astohl: 30, 53, 6

Lilina: 43, 63, 8

Wendy: 51, 67, 10

Barth: 36, 36, 8

Oujay: 57, 78, 11

Fir: 70, 84, 44

Shin: 64, 77, 14

Gonzales: 45, 74, 39

Geese: 54, 65, 41

Klein: 57, 64, 11

Tate: 59, 75, 12

Echidna: 53, 58, 12

Bartre: 39, 50, 7

Ray: 53, 54, 12

Cath: 50, 61, 10

Miledy: 59, 61, 13

Percival: 49, 68, 10

Cecilia: 39, 45, 8

Sofiya: 43, 47, 9

Igrene: 52, 57, 11

Garret: 50, 49, 40

Hugh: 48, 64, 10

Zeiss: 59, 61, 13

Douglas: 40, 37, 8

Niime: 47, 47, 10

Dayan: 43, 56, 9

Juno: 45, 57, 8

Karel: 67, 67, 44

By the way, I was thinking on making an FE10 Link Arena viable, what do you say? Perhaps trying at first with game breaking skills and royals and then nerfing both of them.

edit: And with free assignation of regular skills...

Edited by Quintessence

why don't we get a few metagames nailed down first...

That's the idea.

Also, "free skills" in RD have the implication of not letting ANY skills work (i.e. 4/5 people have Nihil). But yeah, we have so many metagames still in need of being addressed. So far the only thing we are more or less in command of is the PoR averages metagame.

Hosting that will require a master's degree

Adept!Vantage Seraph/Draco vs Resolve!Miracle Sage; holy shit I'd love to see best bio Miccy proc Miracle bunch of times! Regarding Laguz gauge, I find RD's system simpler than PoR's, though it's been years since I played PoR. Biorhythm and other stuff should only be a matter of caution, the site has a really good way to understand and implement the hit/avo/skl rate changes and even expresses it in turns.

why don't we get a few metagames nailed down first...

I'm afraid you're right, there's so many testing at the moment, and investing time and LAs in FE10 would only make a sh**storm, given that FE5/6/7 are under further experiment.

Though, I'd like to work on averages for the time being. Also, what'd hapen to the BEXP system? Should it be implemented, say, after a unit caps three stats, or should we work on regular averages or just work with max stats?

edit: what I meant was like restricting Nihil to Nolan, Calill, Ike and Nasir. And matches between two teams that include 4 Nihilers and 1 Parity unit would be horribly boring >_>

Edited by Quintessence

The gauge itself isn't such a problem considering how quickly kills are expected to happen in the RD meta. Deciding how quickly Laguz transform, on the other hand, is, because if they don't do that on the first turn, their chances of withstanding the first turn attack are very scarce (in-game, the Laguz transform by selecting the command, even with Formshift).

The Laguz are many times more feeble untransformed (untransformed Tibarn can actually continue tanking hits in the PoR averages meta waiting for the gauge to fill back in) in RD, but the best of them (royals minus Kurt plus Giffca) are many times more broken. I think a ban on the Laguz mentioned here could be a good way to balance the metagame. The rest could just transform instantly and then it doesn't matter much whether they stay transformed forever or their gauge is subjected to the changes it does in-game.

For mastery tier 3 skills, I proposed a nerf system, e.g. Luna no longer triples (or whatever it does - in a nutshell, it kills things dead) attack while nullifying defence but just halves defence, etc. PoR skills could be used and the ones they added in (the Laguz ones mainly) could be extrapolated. Aether is surprisingly fine.

I agree that characters shouldn't be allowed to pass innate skills to others. One Nihil is probably adequate.

Like I said earlier, the best part of the metagame would be the Tide skills.

To tackle the averages problem, I say the games are simply played with maximum possible stats without stat boosters.

Since the other thread disapoofed before I could post. Good game, BBM! That was fun! And closer than it looked too, since Lancereaver Eirika could've actually been a threat to my Vidofnir Tana.

Edited by PKL

Your battles should all be visible again. I've requested that Espinosa put together a master thread similar to DTE, and we'll get that pinned tonight sometime hopefully. Read the rules thread pinned up top, it details your conduct in here.

Bon fight, or whatever they say in French.

Yeah good game. Ross was a disappointment. Never even got a chance to test out ALL HIS CRIT. Also I should have taken a risk and attacked Tana with Dragon Axe instead of Ephraim with Excalibur on Turn 2 I think.

Would anyone be interested in a FE8 no holy weapons game? I think that it would open the field out for a lot more units, because the units with high AS will no longer have amazing Mt to back it up with.

Since we've now gotten a permanent location(I think) I feel we should decide on what the essential(pinned) threads should be. I personally believe the following should have thread:

Challenge(Think Debate Forum)

Archives(maybe in the challenge thread makes more sense)

Improvement/Discussion(Could just use this thread)

And probably more that I just can't think of.

What do the rest of you think.