Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to join this, it looks fun. How do I make teams?

Take the averages as reference (at the OP), choose 5 units, assign supports between them as well as weapons and weapon ranks. PM said team to any of the hosts at the OP. Consider support bonuses and popular picks.

edit: Oh, and equipment too, such as Delphi/Fili shield, Iron rune/Holphon guard, etc.

Edited by Quintessence

Also, don't forget to ensure your weapons/items do not go over the limit thereof in the actual game.

I'm actually somewhat interested with FE13 meta

It seems terribly messy because of:

- Multiple possible parents

- Pair-Up

- Forging of weapons

- Huge number of proc skills

I don't know how something like that would work out.

Obviously in a l.a set up were giving flat support bonus to the whole team, so support does nothing

Pair up and dual strike likely got banned I guess?

Forging, that need some discussion

Parents, I remember we discussed how fe4 should be gen 1 only. This can be applied for fe13

Procs, since its a gen 1 only game and using 20/20 averages, most character won't have their ideal skillsets only having 1 procs depending on their class.

Now there's some problem with it such as how do we manage reclass because obviously doing 20/20/20 is out of question, so it need a proper level limit system in place.

And the whole nosferatu clusterfuck

Also Donnel is banned k thx

Not only that but AVERAGES

Only Avatar and Morgan are like 20 lines of stats

Averages are not possible to calculate because reclassing exists. Maximum stats would be used instead, but even then the options are nearly endless, especially for children.

tbqh Awakening's just a bad game and it's much much worse if we try to adapt it to a LA format.

Ok I'm finished with my daughter's birthday in Disney for today. Checked into the hotel too. I can run that match with Ice Sage, but I need the team of his + his opponent.

Also I know I'm due to pick in fe9 draft arena, I'm still planning.

I have a feeling we could use a separate thread for finding hosts / players...

And yeah, I know I have some unfinished resources in the OP. Can't get everything done at once.

So what's everyone's Top 5 (maybe Top 10 if you feel like going deeper) in the metagames you've tried out/watched? I notice there's a bit of a disagreement about some units being great (Giffca in PoR for example, or Eirika in SS).

Finn is definetly the best FE5 character. When I was putting together a team for fun, I had to weed out all of the units that got ORKOed by Finn. Also his Prayer is like the FE equivalent of multiscale it's fucking good. Leaf is great too because he supports so many people.

I haven't played with royals (uh...as far as I can remember), but Ike works well in like every FE9 team ever so yeah). Besides the royals, other characters I remember being great are Rolf, Zihark, and memory dead. Someone else remind me.

Eirika is surprisingly amazing too, I definitely underestimated her. Personally I'm more in favor of Gerik but she has a much better support list. Ephraim is also surprisingly good especially since he gets doubled by everything ever. Flyers kind of get an easy break because magic is awful and the second someone switches to a no effective bow weapon they're dead.

I've noticed Ike is kinda underwhelming in maximum stats, because he's locked into one weapon type and everyone else catches up in stats (besides luck for some units). Still great with the Earth support though, but not anywhere as scary anymore.

Finn's +10 luck from the Hero Lance is actually great even without taking Prayer into account because it's like an extra Charisma when he's fighting.

Also, since I promised we'd archive the previous matches so that they can be watchable in separate threads, here's the full list of the games we've completed (all were completed) in this very topic:

Refa vs. SB pages 2-10
ZM vs. PKL pages 12-17
Dio vs. Sage page 20-24
Refa vs. ZM page 25-28
Espinosa vs. Hawkeye page 32-44
Espinosa vs. Elieson 35-40
PKL vs. Elieson 49-53
Espinosa vs. ZM 56-80
SB vs. Nicolas 62-80
Randa vs. X-naut 74-106
Dio vs. JSND 76-107
ZM vs. Elieson 81-87
dondon151 vs. Espinosa 88-100
ZM vs. Elieson 94-103

I think the ones that took the most pages to finish are top priority (because what happened in those matches is a mystery probably even to the people who played them).

With more sample matches available and easily readable, it's easier to get this thing going as people don't have to browse through a hundred pages to understand what's going on.

I actually agree that Finn is the best FE5 unit. Not only you only have once chance to kill him if your name is not Mareeta/Trewd who gets WTD anyway, he also have the best non Holsety-Ced Hit/AVO thanks to Brave Lance(aside from Brave Bow user but I digress). And this is before the fact that he is supported by Nanna and Leif(Nanna might not be as good as I once thought tho)

I overestimated Master Weapons in my last team lol

Anyway I kinda want to try FE7, but i want to enter childrens card games tourney tommorow so eh, fuck it

Also @Espinosa: I think how Vantage user would fair in FE5 meta largely depends on how much we will see Delmud @Beo around I guess. Granted Delmud is kind of a team staple since there is like no reason not to use Delmud. I think in a Top 5, it would be Finn > Mareeta = Galzus > Delmud > Othin

I'm somewhat interested in FE5 max stats if only because I can use THE DAGDAR, and how Olwen with HS become quite a threat lol

Edited by JSND

Yeah, I know fuck all about maximum stats haha. Apparently the Dragons are real monsters in there or something!

Also you brought up a good point about Finn's Brave Lance. Honestly, I wish there was some maximum stats or statboosters w/o scrolls thing for FE5 because Olwen has like these two awesome PRFs (Holy Sword wrecks everyone's shit it's so gooooooood; Dime Thunder is kind of OK I guess) that she'd wreck everyone with. Also Asvel would be able to use the only tome that doesn't get him doubled and has more than 6Mt without being ORKOed.

Actually, I have a question about FE5. Are leadership stars counted? Also WRT all of the games, can you use weapons (as in, like items) or is that not an option?

EDIT Wow, I was typing this post at the same time as you JSND and we are on the same wavelength WRT to Olwen lol.

Edited by Refa

Statboosters Meta in FE5 is interesting because there are some unit with some stats deficiency that can be fixed because FE5 statsbooster is like steroid on steroids on motorcycles(if that even make sense), yet the number of these boosters are limited enough that the whole team won't be like all max stats

Off the top of my "need to try list" are Xavier(13 Speed ruined everything, but his ability make him a Glass Cannon) and Olwen(ATM Holy Sword Olwen is something ridiculous like.... 9001RKO Leif. Dime Thunder is powerful, but is kind of questionable since she gets doubled by like everything)

Granted Statboosters means Mareeta gets extra HP and Defense, and as we can see in the last match she is rather fragile, being 3HK by Finn who she is supposed to counter

Edited by JSND