Best and worst Priest/Cleric in FE

Solareia

Poll: Humble Healers  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

2. 2. Worst?

3. 3. Worst? continued

4. 4. Best? continued

Brady for worst cleric. While his potential is limitless like all children he has by far the worst of starts. iirc He's the 5th healer in a game where 2 healers is considered more than enough. Just to rub salt in the wound, he can't even use Physic cos he starts with D-rank in staves. He can reclass immediately but he'll still have E-rank in whatever and bad bases thanks to his mother. I probably would put Maribelle as the worst healer if this poll included Troubadours as unlike Brady she isn't 2nd gen, has terribad bases and never really gets good. She has a nice personality, but dear lord she's awful.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady for worst cleric. While his potential is limitless like all children he has by far the worst of starts. iirc He's the 5th healer in a game where 2 healers is considered more than enough. Just to rub salt in the wound, he can't even use Physic cos he starts with D-rank in staves. He can reclass immediately but he'll still have E-rank in whatever and bad bases thanks to his mother. I probably would put Maribelle as the worst healer if this poll included Troubadours as unlike Brady she isn't 2nd gen, has terribad bases and never really gets good. She has a nice personality, but dear lord she's awful.

Maribelle, worse than Corple??? Good luck arguing that.

I'll need it, since I've never even played FE4. Heck, I'm not even sure if Corple is in that game.

He is. And he starts at level 1... in the middle of the fourth chapter of the second half of the game.

He is. And he starts at level 1... in the middle of the fourth chapter of the second half of the game.

Ouch.

He literally could not be more impossible to use. I can only assume the only reason he isn't dominating this poll is that not even here do people know the Japan-only games very well..

Corple may be underleveled, outclassed (even by his own replacement) and not that useful, but he still isn't that bad. He comes with a Physic staff (and also Fortify if Claude was his dad) so he can actually play healbot and bypass his shitastic 5 Move immediately (not to mention he doesn't need to even come close to the front lines this way). Definitely better than Maria who can't even use Physic (or more importantly Warp) at base and has worse bases than effing Wrys.

fun fact

moulder the boulder was the main villain of my UV parody of FESS

he was a literal boulder who commanded an army of school supplies and random objects

that sounds lol (and more threatening than the demon king because school supplies destroy families with kids every year)

I'm still confused right now as to how Wrys has more votes than Maria for being the worst. Seriously, Wrys comes first. That makes him automatically better than Maria.

Bases
N Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Ranks
Wrys 1 16 0 2 5 6 2 3 6 Staff-E
Maria 3 17 0 2 2 3 0 4 8 Staff-D+10

growths
N HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Wrys 0 5 10 5 0 40 5 15
Maria -5 0 10 10 5 75 -5 20

Corple may be underleveled, outclassed (even by his own replacement) and not that useful, but he still isn't that bad. He comes with a Physic staff (and also Fortify if Claude was his dad) so he can actually play healbot and bypass his shitastic 5 Move immediately (not to mention he doesn't need to even come close to the front lines this way). Definitely better than Maria who can't even use Physic (or more importantly Warp) at base and has worse bases than effing Wrys.

I disagree - coming late is bad enough, but Corple is also a 5 move unit in a game that heavily favors mounts. Starting at level 1 is the nail in Corple's coffin.

I'm still confused right now as to how Wrys has more votes than Maria for being the worst. Seriously, Wrys comes first. That makes him automatically better than Maria.

Bases
N Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res Ranks
Wrys 1 16 0 2 5 6 2 3 6 Staff-E
Maria 3 17 0 2 2 3 0 4 8 Staff-D+10

growths
N HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Wrys 0 5 10 5 0 40 5 15
Maria -5 0 10 10 5 75 -5 20

Him having more than twice the votes that Corple does is also confounding.

Also Staff EXP in FE4 is pretty damn good, so he grows quickly. Even moreso with ELITE.

(speaking of elite lex!lana is fucking great it's fun having her promoted in chapter 7)

@MKS: I voted Lissa mainly because I dislike her lol

Edited by Kochiya Sanae

Also Staff EXP in FE4 is pretty damn good, so he grows quickly. Even moreso with ELITE.

(speaking of elite lex!lana is fucking great it's fun having her promoted in chapter 7)

Still, being an underleveled, late-joining 5 move healer in mount heaven like FE4 is a disadvantage among disadvantages...

Edited by Levant Fortner

But like I said, Physic. His 5 Move doesn't stop him from doing his job.

Meanwhile, there is no job to be done by Maria because she joins with terrible everything in a game where anyone can reclass and be a better Cleric (not that you even need it since Lena breaks the game). I like her character, but as a unit she's way worse than the other options of the poll.

Edited by Axie

But like I said, Physic. His 5 Move doesn't stop him from doing his job.

Meanwhile, there is no job to be done by Maria because she joins with terrible everything in a game where anyone can reclass and be a better Cleric (not that you even need it since Lena breaks the game). I like her character, but as a unit she's way worse than the other options of the poll.

I'm not gonna deny Maria's outclassed, but I refuse to believe Corple doesn't have it worse when by the time he joins, chances are very high Lana's promoted. And 5 move is a big deal when most of your guys are promoted (mounts in particular are gonna be out of Corple's range in 3 turns).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I'm pretty sure Maria can be a warper with like 8 or so staff uses.

EDIT: Also, dat Malicia...I would vote for her, if, you know, she was present. The poll didn't localize her

Edited by PKL

So yeah, any vote for FE11 innate Priest

....I'm not buying it

FE11 Priest is basically a throwaway IMO. Get them warp and they are all basically almost the same

I vote Brady for being in a game where Staff usage is hard aside from Rescue spam. He also have problem existing

Corple is less terrible than Maria because he can do his thing at base, at least. But Wrys existing for the first 2.5 chapters in H5 is leagues better than anything those two can do.

• 3 weeks later...

How is Boah bad? He comes with free C staves for warping <_<

EDIT: And B tomes for a free Excaliblick.

Edited by Irysa