Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

Ike would be my most wanted to get, hence, I vote Ike. However, for personal argumentative reasons, let's say I had to pick someone for a third slot, or just someone instead of Ike to get in...
I'd probably want Ephraim. (Lyn would be second best. Roy is...eh. But if they gave him his awakening armor, I'd be okay with it)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't 2 the only one that has 4-player though?

It is. But...I dunno, there are some things I like about 1 a lot more. Could be the actual comboing. Like, you alternate between...A and Y I believe for kicks and punches. In 2, Y is just a flip kick if I remember correctly while A is the only combo button.

Memory is kinda shit atm though. One of these days, I'll hook my Dreamcast back up and check.

>Fire Emblem discussions for Smash Bros. characters

>Results 99% of the time involve ~8 different camps (Roy, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Ephraim, Lyn and Hector) who are Goldoa

Let's just have Marth as our only Fire Emblem character.

/me puts up flameshield

>Fire Emblem discussions for Smash Bros. characters

>Results 99% of the time involve ~8 different camps (Roy, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Ephraim, Lyn and Hector) who are Goldoa

Let's just have Marth as our only Fire Emblem character.

/me puts up flameshield

sounds like that means a Lucina alt costume

Fire-elmblem-awakening-OST-cover.jpg

2415899-knights_of_iris.jpg

She's the poster girl in Japan too.

Those are items about a year after the game's release, ya know.

Every single freaking promotion I've seen before those items was Chrom Chrom Chrom.

That's why the ad in America featuring Lucina with the mask off was so OFF PUTTING to me.

Every single CM in Japan avoided any allusion to a second playable lord. If anything, "Masked *MARTH*" was the poster "boy/girl"... not "Lucina".

Care to explain why the figma isn't of "Lucina" instead of "Masked Marth"? What about those 1000 yen phone cards? I don't see Lucina on them. I see "Masked Marth".

The character intro featured emphasizing "A mysterious swordsman claiming to be the hero-king of old".

【滅びの運命か、希望の未来か。】 isn't featured with Lucina on the CG movie in the Japanese trailers unlike what they did in the North American rendition where she was shown crying with her mask off...

Or would you like to show us other Japanese materials that feature Lucina as the main face before the release of the Future of Despair DLC, Knights of Iris artbook, and the OST nearly an entire year after the game's release?

Well actually not trying to be rude, but my point is there are reasons for putting Lucina on as the main feature in those materials BESIDES being Awakening's "poster girl".

...and let's face it... on an OST of a CD cover... how many do you NOT see with anime girls on it? Lucina is meant to be appealing and feminine... she's wearing flower headphones to listen to it.

Her promotion in the 2nd Season DLC was... well... fanservice and backstory... backstory which requires her to perform the Awakening. You know, being the face of backstory DLC isn't exactly "POSTER GIRL" material. In fact, the Awakening 2013 calendar... which pretty much is a poster, doesn't have any trace of her without that mask.

And the Knights of Iris? Being "Masked Marth"... what is the character design behind her?

She may barely be more popular than Chrom when it comes to being waifu'd/husbando'd, but she's not the face of Awakening in Japan.

If you feel like I'm slandering your favorite 2nd gen Awakening character as Awakening's poster girl, please feel free to refute me by showing things similar to what they were doing in America. But until then, don't just use two images that happen to have her as the main feature as justification that they did the same thing.

I really do apologize, but Lucina tends to strike a nerve with me with her fans. She is a main character... and that role may qualify inclusion in smash... but she isn't *THAT* important. The fans who predicted that Marth of all people will be replaced by her REALLY has made me sensitive to any ongoing praise makes her seem more important that she really is. i.e. people that waifu her.

You're all scrubs. You should have married a secondary non important character like I did.

Edited by shadowofchaos

There is only one way I would accept Robin as playable, that is if every other single lord in the series was playable first

Don't honestly tell me that, from a gameplay standpoint at least, you wouldn't rather have Robin that Chrom.

I assume this means no Lord beside Ike is allowed to be playable? :(:

LOLOLOL

*high five*

10/10 would read again

Don't honestly tell me that, from a gameplay standpoint at least, you wouldn't rather have Robin that Chrom.

would rather have Anna

I "support" Robin because of the three Awakening characters (s)he's the most unique from a gameplay standpoint.(S)he's honestly the best bet we have right now of getting an FE magic user in Smash.

I get why people don't like the idea of him/her getting in over other mian FE characters, but that' my stance. When it comes to Smash, I'll take a sword/magic user over potential/likely Marth/Ike clones any day.

I reckon the FE7 lords would be the most fun to play. Imagine the raw power of Hector, the speed of Lyn, and the marthesque mediocrity of Eliwood. Also, why not bad guys? How awesome would it be to beat people to a pulp as Zephiel, Zelgius/Black Knight or Fortmotiis (maybe a bit far, but imagine the power).

I "support" Robin because of the three Awakening characters (s)he's the most unique from a gameplay standpoint.(S)he's honestly the best bet we have right now of getting an FE magic user in Smash.

I get why people don't like the idea of him/her getting in over other mian FE characters, but that' my stance. When it comes to Smash, I'll take a sword/magic user over potential/likely Marth/Ike clones any day.

But.. Robin is the reprentation of the player, outside of the villager it completely destroys what we play Smash for. Its characters. Not personal avatars. Pardon the pun