Who is the wisest member on Serenesforest?

IceBrand

well im an expert on japanese culture

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye."
proof (i wish i actually wrote that)

That post is a classic, isn't it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11960243&postcount=1766

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bitch get ready to fight

I am The Best Serial Killer you are no match for me Edited by The Best SK

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.
Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye."

FFXIII was worse than the Holocaust.

It was worse than Pearl Harbor the movie, which was itself worse than Pearl Harbor the event.

Square shouldn't have to apologize because it just reminds you that it happened and how bad it was

I may or may not be named Muppet345 IRL

Coming here to say y'all voting espinosa/balcerzak/nightmarre/whichevercrypticflavourofthemonth have no idea what you're saying and should just leave

I think as soon as severian was mentioned this thread should have either ended or become a discussion revolving his person, which would be kind of difficult considering a forum topic can't swirl around someone, so I propose we make this a possibility and then a reality by putting our beautiful minds together to work for the greater good of potentially getting a reaction out of the magnificent, beautiful, self-absorbed, all-absorbing, overwhelmingly dazzling severian

Coming here to say y'all voting espinosa/balcerzak/nightmarre/whichevercrypticflavourofthemonth have no idea what you're saying and should just leave

I think as soon as severian was mentioned this thread should have either ended or become a discussion revolving his person, which would be kind of difficult considering a forum topic can't swirl around someone, so I propose we make this a possibility and then a reality by putting our beautiful minds together to work for the greater good of potentially getting a reaction out of the magnificent, beautiful, self-absorbed, all-absorbing, overwhelmingly dazzling severian

tl;dr

antsrevengerhsjn.gif

one legendary GAF item to another

Edited by shadykid

My Guinea B, of cour-

wise

adjective

: having or showing wisdom or knowledge usually from learning or experiencing many things

: based on good reasoning or information : showing good sense or judgment

: saying things that are rude or insulting

In light of this development, Interceptor.

Just actually read the thread

For real though, superlative threads are the worst kind of fad because they're exclusive/cliquey a lot of the time

This one's pretty harmless honestly. It's basically just "list your friends", there's no way any member of this forum could answer this question accurately. There is, however, great fun to be had at the expense of the people responding seriously, which makes this thread a net positive! It could be said that it is exposing the unwise.

Edited by Tangerine
I will say fun instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severian

fun fact Severian is kind of a bamf. He can, like, paralyze you Spock-style and also he doesn't wear a shirt. Cool huh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severians

also he has a proper plural and it's a whole slavic tribe

I enjoy Wist's eloquence, Balcerzak's knowledge, Severlan's unadulterated yet coy brilliance, Nightmare's strength of character, Pride's wit, Stoly's cosmopolitan spirit, TheEnd's pragmatism,

I enjoy Wist's eloquence, Balcerzak's knowledge, Severlan's unadulterated yet coy brilliance, Nightmare's strength of character, Pride's wit, Stoly's cosmopolitan spirit, TheEnd's pragmatism,

There's a comma at the end of that list. Would you mind continuing?

on second thought fuck it. i won't argue this because nobody cares

Edited by The Best SK