Possible original character?

Jedi

When thinking about this crossover I am wondering if the crossover will have its own original main character(s) to be alongside the crossover, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened in strange crossovers

Look at Namco x Capcom for example, they had their own main characters. While this is Atlus and Nintendo, we have a trend of Atlus mains being blank slates who happen to get written stories of later of their canon actions. Then we have the recent FE12/13 avatars.

It's making me think we may have a random avatar who is nor from the FE or SMT universes who is drawn into the whole thing.

Man Jedi, I'm not against OCs in this at all, but I can't see it... I mean yeah it'll eliminate the need to wonder who the game would start with...

But, wouldn't you rather see the SMT1 prologue with FE char(s) or merging the two worlds?

I can highly likely see the game have the main focus on an original character, as it's usually common in cross-over works. Although, I'd also support the idea of there being none. It is doable as long as one franchise doesn't get more overall focus than the rest. I'd think...

Man Jedi, I'm not against OCs in this at all, but I can't see it... I mean yeah it'll eliminate the need to wonder who the game would start with...

But, wouldn't you rather see the SMT1 prologue with FE char(s) or merging the two worlds?

I honestly see Sacred Stones or the Gate in Awakening being the opening point of this crossover lol

I can highly likely see the game have the main focus on an original character, as it's usually common in cross-over works. Although, I'd also support the idea of there being none. It is doable as long as one franchise doesn't get more overall focus than the rest. I'd think...

Yeah this is how I thought as well. Crossovers have to be done very very carefully lest one side be overlooked. Edited by Jedi Ogami

Not even the Conception from Nocturne? I suppose if that happened, this might turn into a series, not that I'd complain, mind you

Maybe the Conception. That is a possiblity I didn't consider

Always nice to see a new topic in the SMTxFE forum.
And yes, I do believe we'll very likely get some original characters. Happens very often in crossovers. Let's hope they'll have actual personalities.

Indeed, too few SMTxFE topics here, I have one planned myself actually (Unsure on how make it look interesting)

Though I don't want OCs, I imagine them being an Atlus creation, couldn't tell you why I feel that

Edited by Soledai

Well now that Sega owns Atlus, I have no doubts we'll be seeing Original The Character pop up in SMTxFE.

Also there are as many topics as a game that doesn't even have any gameplay trailers deserves. Actually more, it deserves 0.

Gort? I mean, I know of a Gort from Shining Force, but I don't think that's who you're referring too.

Me personally, I'd like to see Jogurt The Yogurt, quite possibly the best video gaming character of ALL TIME.

http://shining.wikia.com/wiki/Jogurt

Also there are as many topics as a game that doesn't even have any gameplay trailers deserves. Actually more, it deserves 0.

That's cutting kinda deep, but alas, we have to fill the void somehow until we get some information, a gameplay trailer is actually all I really want

That's cutting kinda deep, but alas, we have to fill the void somehow until we get some information, a gameplay trailer is actually all I really want

It's been nearly a year since the teaser, surely they'll show actual gameplay soon enough...right?

Or at the very least a trailer with more story information.

Edited by LeDom

Well now that Sega owns Atlus, I have no doubts we'll be seeing Original The Character pop up in SMTxFE.

Lol Sonic the Hedgehog in SMT, even as a Sonic fanboy I'd shake my head at that and ask why not something more fitting I mean look at Capcom's brief encounter with SMT [Dante]

I've only played FE: Awakening and Path of Radiance, so I don't know how the Outrealms works. Was it just a DLC vehicle for awakening?

Thankfully it's a lot easier to mesh core SMT with pretty much anything (Amala universe yussssssss).

On topic, an OC is most likely the course of action they'll take. This universe actually seems a lot easier to put together than people make it out to be. I mean hell, if the over-arching universe is the Amala universe and beings like the Demifiend can just traverse it at leisure, assuming there's balance given to playable characters then we get more of a Kingdom Hearts kind of thing, universe-wise.

A highly-customizable OC that with multiple FE and SMT worlds to choose from as a starting point seems very doable.

I'd rather see Etrian Odyssey expies. I'd buy Vulneraries from Wynne all day long.

SMT > EO because EO has no demon fusion.

If there's an OC main character, I kind of expect it to be a new customizable Avatar character. It seems to follow the trend of IS's last two FEs, and SMT's protagonists are always silent self inserts anyway. Making it customizable is a logical next step.

Then, again, depending on how this game is made, there could be an entire cast of original characters. If it takes place on modern Tokyo, like the interview with the IS stafff suggested, most characters from that Tokyo could be original, with the SMT and FE characters coming from other dimensions and worlds, like what happens with some of SMT's demons.

Either way, if they keep that urban setting mentioned previously, I'd guess the avatar mc would be from the modern world.

Edited by NeonZ