Personal Favorite Ests

And Sharlow has Elite and gets a staff that makes the enemies go nuts. Valkyre!Corple's 30K staff allows you to pull a suicide run on Ishtar in Chapter 10, I guess. Sharlow's 30K staff can at least save you some actual grief by berserking, say Sleep Stave users.

Both are good, actually. I don't mind the Valkyrie Staff because I always reset when an important unit dies. Sharlow has Elite, so he'll level up quicker, but Claude!Corple inherits the awesome stat rank from Claude as well as his growths.

Beating Ishtar on Chapter 10 isn't an issue, though there are people who don't know about the Charisma + Leadership + Badass Ranged Weapon User combination that owns Ishtar (or Julius) in one turn.

Edited by Rapier

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be weird and say FE11!Est. The reason? She joins in a chapter with an arena and a staff selling vendor. I arena ground her to a LV 20/20 Dracoknight and proceeded to watch her sweep the rest of the game. It was very satisfying.

Second place is Ewan. I'm not fond of Dark magic (its weight too annoying on a fragile and small unit, not to mention it's inaccurate) so I prefer Sage!Ewan over Druid!Ewan. Plus, grinding in the Tower of Valni is incredibly good for him.

Third is Nino, because despite the lack of a Arena to abuse, she can actually be pretty easy to train on lower difficulties due to her class and starting weapon rank. She's still a hassle though.

Not in Sword of Seals.

What? FE6's est is sophia, and we all know how bad she is.

The other possible est, Zeiss, is largely outclassed by his sister, in every possible way (although HM!zeiss is also good, but I don't really consider him an est in hard mode, with that 19 STR and 15 DEF)

The other possible est, Zeiss, is largely outclassed by his sister, in every possible way (although HM!zeiss is also good, but I don't really consider him an est in hard mode, with that 19 STR and 15 DEF)

He was talking about her join time in relation to other characters. Read the post he quoted. When Sophia joins you you likely won't have many characters anywhere near their caps.

If Astrid counts, then Astrid (PoR) tha one time I played PoR

Yes. My favorite is Astrid. Astrid in FE10 with transfer is amazegr9.

Pelleas is also a mega fave. Dark magic and pretty ok growths and yes please.

L'Arachel is probably Best Est. Leveling her is so annoying because dat staff rank. Oi...But once promoted, she SPAMS!

She's not bad, she's just nearly impossible to train.

The problem with Sofiya is that even after all the shit you go through trying to train her, she will still turn out to only be a little bit better, if even any better, than Ray.

Trying to hit enemies with around 30% hit also sucks a lot. It's not worth the effort.

Well that's an opinion. Someone's gotta wield Apocalypse. Sophia is a bit better at the job than Ray if you ask me.

How the hell are you able to get her there? Even in NM she is almost impossible to train. Once I tried to train her and gave her EVERY stats booster in the game. She still sucked.

And Yeah, Niime is better than Sophia (and Ray). The only good dark magic user in this game IMO. And you don't even have to train her.

Niime was nosferatanking before it was cool.

Edited by Nobody

Well that's an opinion. Someone's gotta wield Apocalypse. Sophia is a bit better at the job than Ray if you ask me.

And how are you gonna get her there? Arena Abuse? Just about anything can easily kill her. And this is from someone who tried to train her and said "fuck it" because I couldn't rely on her to kill anything with her ~50% hit on anything that isn't an armor.

Edited by Levant Fortner

And how are you gonna get her there? Arena Abuse? Just about anything can easily kill her. And this is from someone who tried to train her and said "fuck it" because I couldn't rely on her to kill anything with her ~50% hit on anything that isn't an armor.

I never said it was easy. Yes, she is not the easiest to train or most rewarding Est, but I don't think she's terrible.

Does Linde (FE1-12) count? If trained she does a better job than Merric.

Not in FE12 becauase she joins really early. In FE1/FE3B1/FE11 I think you could make a case for her being an Est.