Tangerine's Ultimate Chat Thread

Tangerine

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I think all families have strange traditions. In my family, every guest coming over for Christmas dinner (whoever's house we decide to have it at excluded since they have to get a tree!) has to bring a new ornament for the tree with them or they don't get any wine. lol!

Heh, I guess so.

Alrighty, it's getting late for me so I'm gonna go do my usual nightly rituals and then jump into bed. I normally lock these after a day of chatting but since so many people responded and I'll have more time this year I'll leave it open for longer I suppose. Thanks for not being too shy, newbies! And thanks for still being awesome, oldies. Everyone is more than welcome to join in if you haven't already :O.

I totally just shared a funny family Christmas tradition of mine in my last post, so you guys should totally share some of your family's unusual Christmas traditions whenever you wake up/get back too! I'm curious about what some of you guys do :P. Let's hear those stories!

Can't wait til people who weren't around log on tomorrow and see this random 17 page thread popped up out of nowhere, lol!

Night!

The only thing thats oddball about my family traditions is that we do the whole Opening Presents and Dinner Thing on Christmas Eve. Because Christmas Day is for lounging around in your jimjams while playing with the presents you got.

FUCK THE POLICE!

I've never even owned a Sega console, lol! I might get an emulator some day, I dunno.

GET IT GET IT GET IT

MEGADRIVE HAS AMAZING GAMES

I didn't bother to read anything after that but I'm sure I missed nothing important. Just lots of boring niceties, I bet.

Eh I should've posted in here earlier, but long threads are intimidating and hard to read.
Well I finally caught up at least.

Where does everyone get these awesome Christmas hats? Also funky tunes.

Here. /shameless plug

I can make you one if you'd like.

Actually I'm gonna go to bed soon, so...

[spoiler=Have a hat :P:]58ICS6x.jpg

@thread - I have literally no holiday plans, which means I am going to spend my time bugging various people to learn how to play Battle for Wesnoth so we can play some multiplayer games online.

Also gonna have salmon on Christmas Eve, since family tradition is delicious.

Edited by Euklyd

Hi Tonton

Weird Christmas traditions? I usually go camping around Christmas time. My brother and a few friends and I are going up this weekend actually. Not terribly "out there" but you come home with some cool stories lol.

ha

hahaha

christmas traditions

wake up, presents, EAT, play videogames all day, EAT, sleep

the closest thing to a christmas tradition we have is having some extended family over that we'd rather not have over but we're breaking that this yeeeeear \o/

The only thing thats oddball about my family traditions is that we do the whole Opening Presents and Dinner Thing on Christmas Eve. Because Christmas Day is for lounging around in your jimjams while playing with the presents you got.

FUCK THE POLICE!

Hmmmm.... I actually have no clue what other families do what mine does, because I've never asked about it because I never questioned what we did and assumed it was perfectly normal~

But in my family's case, we open gifts from other family members Christmas Eve and open the "Santa" gifts on Christmas Day. (Atm Santa is still a thing to only one of my siblings, though my dad said this would be his last~ But that's okay Santa still lives on in the rest of our hearts so Santa may as well always be a thing~! ^o^) So recently that made me wonder how that will change after this christmas year =o And it also made me wonder how everybody else even did that!!

So idk if that's a weird tradition or not~ But it's what we do! Heehee what that also means is I get to open my gift from Integrity before he or Specta open theirs wee I get to be early biiiiiird~

Unless... he wants me to wait... it could be more fun that way x3

Otherwise we usually celebrate with my family on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (though last year we only ate together on Christmas Eve, dunno how this year will go)

I had this wierd idea to take over the world and then was told to not put said plan to work because using naked chinchillas as a power source to fuel my zombie-re animator pulse ray bomb was kinda inefficient.

dammit Terrador :/

ha-HA!

now i know you wake up in there before coming out to see me!

Yeah! I mean I can't sleep walk to your room before I wake up I always use lappy to help me wake up in the morning~

Okay bye shower

Amazing how this thread got 18 pages in 24 hours.

Well, I had an odd experience last night. I met up with a bunch of my high school friends for a party last night, and it was good to see them, but that ain't the weird part. Around midnight or so, the cops showed up and told us that we were making too much noise. We apologized and said we'd keep it down, and then he noticed we were all drinking beer (It's America, we were 21) and asked to see the person who owned the house.

Now, normally you would just comply with what the cops ask you to do, right?

NOPE!!

The girl who was hosting the party did the stupidest shit! She walked right up to the cop and was like "this is private property, you can't come into my house without a search warrant." Meanwhile, the rest of us are just standing there with expressions on our faces that screamed "what the fuck are you doing?!" If there's two things I've learned about cops, it's that you can't touch then for ANY reason, and they're never in the wrong for anything, no matter what they do. Thankfully, though, all that happened was the cop went inside the house but found nothing incriminating (again, we were all 21) and left.

So that's my interesting Christmas contribution to this thread. And now Loki's "FUCK THE POLICE" contribution has more sustenance. :P

Edited by Karaszure

My close friends and I get shit-faced on Christmas Eve because, why not? :) That's probably the only unusual christmas tradition I have~

Only posting this 'cause you forced us to, you devilish fiend you.

Tangerine what's your name

Gertrude.
Edited by ePamplemouss

My close friends and I get shit-faced on Christmas Eve because, why not? :) That's probably the only unusual christmas tradition I have~

Only posting this 'cause you forced us to, you devilish fiend you.

That's a good reason as ever to get shit-faced. No, really. :D

Gertrude.

A girl named Gertrude broke my heart once... ;_;