Why do people like amelia?

Putting up with one tier of 4 move lance lock is not worth it. Trainee is no less annoying than knight to use. It takes a deal-breaking amount of effort to get her to tier 1 in efficiency.

Edited by Baldrick

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting up with one tier of 4 move lance lock is not worth it. Trainee is no less annoying than knight to use. It takes a deal-breaking amount of effort to get her to tier 1 in efficiency.

I won't argue with that. But if I really wanted to use her, there's almost no reason not to make her a Cavalier, really.

As a cav she can at least participate in rescue chains. If you follow draft regulations, you can ToV her to tier1. Therefore, you can promote her for free and have her gain 0 mov (maintain a tie in movement with only Gilliam, if anyone), or +3 and have her see combat.

True klok but for the low defenses are the trade off (almost mrymidon with a lance like lol) I also find her character like able as with lyndis

Edit: F*ck that more like a average citizen sounds more like half the cast of Fe1 or fe11 but with actually backgrounds

Edited by Ronman5

Gilliam is an amazing unit in FE8MR as a super recruit, but I think that's mainly because you get him in chapter 2, whereas in vanilla you get a recruit with 4 movement (A tier below gilliam's class) at level 1, in chapter 10. That's 8 chapters later, with worse stats, and a whole class tier lower.

If Amelia were autoleveled to level 8 (I actually did that in FE8MR after playing the chapter and now she's great when you get her) then she would be a very viable unit and super recruit could actually be doable. Well, except that she'd still need 10-20 levels of tier 1 which could take quite a few chapters.

Overall the only reason Super Recruit is perceived as being so shitty is just because of really late join time for the only character who can use it. Super Pupil is actually a good class too, since if the dark magic glitch didn't exist then Super Pupil would be the only class with all three magic types (The glitch means that Sage has all 3 magic types PLUS staves, making it the obvious choice), but again Ewan suffers from joining at a late chapter (Later than even Amelia... WTF??) and having to struggle from level 1 tier 0 to advance 20-30 levels to be usable. In that case, making him a shaman is way better than making him another anima using class for his tier 1.

Both units would be 10x more usable if you got them at the same time as Ross and chose to use their "super" routes instead of the traditional class. I find it that Ross, who is the only T0 unit with a shitty Super class, is the one you get first. His Super Journeyman promotion gives him +15 critical, but Pirate/Berserker is better anyway as you'd have a 30 STR cap and water/mountain walking to boot! In an ideal hack that balanced FE8, I'd make all three of them join shortly after each other, and then their super versions would no longer suck.

Edited by Klok

Gilliam is an amazing unit in FE8MR as a super recruit, but I think that's mainly because you get him in chapter 2, whereas in vanilla you get a recruit with 4 movement (A tier below gilliam's class) at level 1, in chapter 10. That's 8 chapters later, with worse stats, and a whole class tier lower.

If Amelia were autoleveled to level 8 (I actually did that in FE8MR after playing the chapter and now she's great when you get her) then she would be a very viable unit and super recruit could actually be doable. Well, except that she'd still need 10-20 levels of tier 1 which could take quite a few chapters.

Overall the only reason Super Recruit is perceived as being so shitty is just because of really late join time for the only character who can use it. Super Pupil is actually a good class too, since if the dark magic glitch didn't exist then Super Pupil would be the only class with all three magic types (The glitch means that Sage has all 3 magic types PLUS staves, making it the obvious choice), but again Ewan suffers from joining at a late chapter (Later than even Amelia... WTF??) and having to struggle from level 1 tier 0 to advance 20-30 levels to be usable. In that case, making him a shaman is way better than making him another anima using class for his tier 1.

Both units would be 10x more usable if you got them at the same time as Ross and chose to use their "super" routes instead of the traditional class. I find it that Ross, who is the only T0 unit with a shitty Super class, is the one you get first. His Super Journeyman promotion gives him +15 critical, but Pirate/Berserker is better anyway as you'd have a 30 STR cap and water/mountain walking to boot! In an ideal hack that balanced FE8, I'd make all three of them join shortly after each other, and then their super versions would no longer suck.

but it's so much more satisfying to see Ross kill things as a journeyman!

Not getting any Con bonus on promotion dooms the super trainees as a whole to sucking... Super Pupil may be the best of the 3, but it's still shit.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I take pleasure in watching a girl fight in General armour. But Super Recruit Amelia is OP. That short skirt and those thigh high boots are too stronk.

Otherwise she is a pretty below average unit to have around unless grinded.

• 4 months later...

Well, for one thing, the character herself is very likable. Her personality is very kind, cheerful, and really enthusiastic about her goal of becoming a strong fighter. I especially enjoyed her conversation with Duessel, which sort of revolved around her backstory involving her mother being taken away by bandits.

As for the unit herself, I currently have her as a Great Knight, and she's holding her ground really well, with high but very balanced stats. There's also the fact that she can use swords, axes, and lances in this class, so that's another major plus. Also, based on what Nobody said, I am a very casual gamer (I only play video-games whenever I really feel like it), so I don't mind the grinding to get her to catch up with the other units that much.

Edited by The Holy Druid

Okay, i'm new here so i hope this odsen't offend anyone but i have to give my two cents. I love amelia, shes my favritoe character in the game. she was my 2nd best unit (First Franz by far, littlle timid boy is a monster in battle) I'll be honest, shes very weak at first but then again, so is Ross and Ewain. as a matter of fact, so is everyone who starts in your crew. only donzla is reeally op when he first joins (Maybe seth and they're both promoted unties. isn't really fair) shes also a really awesome character, her backstory is really touching and is very inspratinal. but back to her fighting style, like people hava already meantioned she can use the entire weapon tringal she dosen't have many weaknesses. (as long as you're willing to grind thoes weapons since she starts off with the lance) another thing I'd like to note is that she has one of the better defenses if she becomes a genral. I didn't even get her to max level and she was my 5th strongest defnese wise.

Because she's cute, and because it's fun to grind her up.

You have to admit that outside SF, most people would rather enjoy casual play indtead of 0% LTC permadeath runs.

I used to like all three of the trainees. I didn't exactly like them per se, but I enjoyed the novelty of being able to promote certain characters into a variety of different classes. I soon realized that I didn't like many of their promotions, and the novelty wore out because of lessened variety.

I'm ruthlessly casual, and from an objective standpoint, Amelia is tedious to get going even in casual play and won't offer good enough returns during the main game. Postgame is her best bet, but all things considered she's almost better in drafts since the lack of competition and the trainee clause really help her out.

I, personally, enjoy using Amelia as a General. Note that this is my first Sacred Stones run, in Easy Mode at that.and I found her speed ungodly and find her leagues better than Gilliam at the same level. But then again, this is all coming from an obsessive grinder who leveled her up from a level 5 Knight to a level 20 General via arena abuse in Chapter 12...

I, personally, enjoy using Amelia as a General. Note that this is my first Sacred Stones run, in Easy Mode at that.and I found her speed ungodly and find her leagues better than Gilliam at the same level. But then again, this is all coming from an obsessive grinder who leveled her up from a level 5 Knight to a level 20 General via arena abuse in Chapter 12...

@fikko3107: Hi-five.

Uh, actually, in retrospect, I mean, after actually properly training Gilliam, I can see that HE is the one that is leaps better. Even if you are ridiculously RNG screwed, Giliam's Defense would eclipse Amelia's. Seriously, my Gilliam at 20/12 has 28 Defense, whereas Amelia at 20/20 only has a measly 18. On the other hand, I reached my Amelia's speed cap easily, at 25 - I think that's enough to double the Final Boss. So it really depends on whether you want a general fast enough she can't be hit or a general with defenses high enough he can't be scratched...Plus the fact that Amelia needs to go through 10 extra gruelling levels as a trainee made Gilliam superior, practically speaking.

On hard mode:

Trufax, 23 speed doubles Formittis

Trufax, 9 speed doubles Lyon 2.0

FE8 final bosses are bleh.

BASE Duessel with one wing 3RKO Formittis. And he isn't even your strongest unit(unless 0%).

I don't get why IS are making final bosses so weak. There is any final boss who doesn't die in one turn?

FE8 final bosses are bleh.

BASE Duessel with one wing 3RKO Formittis. And he isn't even your strongest unit(unless 0%).

I don't get why IS are making final bosses so weak. There is any final boss who doesn't die in one turn?

It's actually a 5RKO, base Duessel doesn't double and faces unreliable hit rates.

And technically Julius, Veld, Ashnard, and HM!Ashera don't die in one turn.

Really, the problem with final bosses is they're front and center with too little or too late backup. A boss alone does not a good final chapter make.

But as far as Amelia, I've never used her because she suffers from Stupidly Low Level Syndrome. It's hard to kill things with only 4 Move, sub-20 net durability, and below-average growths outside of the early game.

Yes, but he moves.