Why do people like amelia?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Amelia being better than Seth in one part of the game that is completely optional (which is debatable) means that overall Amelia > Seth?

Let's forget about the fact that Seth completely dominates FE8 just so we can praise our fair Lady.

:Amelia: :Amelia: :Amelia:

OH HAIL AMELIA

SLAYER OF MONSTERS (fuck off moulder, natasha, and artur)

CONQUEROR OF THOU LAGDOU

• 1 month later...

I would have preferred it if Ross, Amelia and Ewan were all, quite literally, trainee soldiers from Renais, who all escape the castle along with Eirika and Seth in the Prologue (also make Ewan significantly less annoying).

Then, instead of Seth being all "...No!" and somehow succeeding in running away from Valter after getting the shaft -and- while carrying Eirika (this part never made sense to me), he would provide a distraction for all four of them to escape, and the fight between him and Valter would fade to black after Seth is injured, leaving his fate unknown (him surviving or not is optional).

Eirika would no longer be coddled by her super-competent-Oifey-butler-crutch (seriously, he saves her from EVERYTHING, it's borderline annoying). She'd have to quickly grow up and adapt as the team's commander on her own, and learn to make use of each trainee's strengths/weaknesses to get anywhere. This would also make the game significantly more challenging early on, as you can't simply use Seth to solve all of your pre-Valni problems (recruiting Joshua would be quite a feat; normally you'd just make Seth naked and use him as bait). But, since Seth speaks as much as Eirika does (at least early on), the dialogue would need a complete overhaul.

Valni/skirmishes themselves needed some reworking, but that's a different topic. Same for trainee mechanics; I'd have liked them to be locked into Trainee -> Upgrade 1 -> Upgrade 2, and to always keep their unique sprites while just having minor costume changes/attack animations (Ewan stops stumbling around while casting, Amelia becomes more florid with her lance, etc.). This would not preclude gaining access to new weapons/staves/etc..

Also also, the game needed a Druid pre-promote to join you so you'd have all the classes; I'd vote for Saleh's grammy.

Edited by EdeaCreamer

I would have preferred it if Ross, Amelia and Ewan were all, quite literally, trainee soldiers from Renais, who all escape the castle along with Eirika and Seth in the Prologue.

I completely agree with your entire post. That would have made FE8 a hell of a lot better.

I don't usually bother using her in normal playthroughs of Sacred Stones, but in a Girls Only run, Amelia is a godsend. Once she goes Cavalier/Knight, Amelia has the highest CON of all female units at 9 as well as the highest DEF. She's also the only girl with access to Axes as a General or Great Knight (I personally went Cav->Great Knight because I needed more mounted units) and is therefore your only candidate for Garm.

I would have preferred it if Ross, Amelia and Ewan were all, quite literally, trainee soldiers from Renais, who all escape the castle along with Eirika and Seth in the Prologue (also make Ewan significantly less annoying).

Then, instead of Seth being all "...No!" and somehow succeeding in running away from Valter after getting the shaft -and- while carrying Eirika (this part never made sense to me), he would provide a distraction for all four of them to escape, and the fight between him and Valter would fade to black after Seth is injured, leaving his fate unknown (him surviving or not is optional).

Eirika would no longer be coddled by her super-competent-Oifey-butler-crutch (seriously, he saves her from EVERYTHING, it's borderline annoying). She'd have to quickly grow up and adapt as the team's commander on her own, and learn to make use of each trainee's strengths/weaknesses to get anywhere. This would also make the game significantly more challenging early on, as you can't simply use Seth to solve all of your pre-Valni problems (recruiting Joshua would be quite a feat; normally you'd just make Seth naked and use him as bait). But, since Seth speaks as much as Eirika does (at least early on), the dialogue would need a complete overhaul.

Valni/skirmishes themselves needed some reworking, but that's a different topic. Same for trainee mechanics; I'd have liked them to be locked into Trainee -> Upgrade 1 -> Upgrade 2, and to always keep their unique sprites while just having minor costume changes/attack animations (Ewan stops stumbling around while casting, Amelia becomes more florid with her lance, etc.). This would not preclude gaining access to new weapons/staves/etc..

Also also, the game needed a Druid pre-promote to join you so you'd have all the classes; I'd vote for Saleh's grammy.

TL:DR, "I wish FE8 was FE7x Immortal Sword".

(recruiting Joshua would be quite a feat; normally you'd just make Seth naked and use him as bait).

Am I the only person who recruits Joshua by using Natasha as bait?

Natasha can literally walk right up to him (once you get rid of the Fighters around him), he won't attack her.

Really? Joshua's MOV is the same as Natasha's; originally I tried to do as you guys are describing, but whenever I had her wait inside his attack range, he'd rush her.

I'll have to try that again at some point, maybe doing something else on that map triggers a different routine (I know I always visit houses ASAP, but other than that I can't think of anything unusual that would change his behavior).