does pressing b help catch pokemon?

Ansem

yeah they only require you to press b if you're in ez mode but in ultimate difficulty the catch rate is so low you actually lose pokeman if you don't press b down with flawless timing

yeah they only require you to press b if you're in ez mode but in ultimate difficulty the catch rate is so low you actually lose pokeman if you don't press b down with flawless timing

true

Is it because the pokemon can't bear to be with an unskilled trainer and run out of the computer?

So you catch Pokemon and don't just edit them into your PC?

I see you don't strive for maximum efficiency.

Edited by Esme

Y'all don't know shit. You had to mash A while the ball was being thrown, and then hold it when the animation for the pokeball wiggling started.

60% of the time, it works every time.

They nerfed it =/

Now 45.36666% of the time, it works all the time

Actually through rigorous analysis and the usage of a large sample size (n=1), I was able to determine with high accuracy (p≤[/size]1.0) that mashing A and B at the same time helps greatly with the capturing of any Pokemon.

Pffff.

I don't remember if it was b + up or a + up but it works as long as you get the timing just right.

Ever since I discovered this trick, no Pidgey has ever escaped my Pokeballs.

Come to think of it, I believe you first had to catch the Mew hidden below the truck near the M.S. Aqua in order for this trick to work.

Edited by BrightBow

The newer Legends are easy.

Platinum's Regigigas was probably the one I had most trouble with.

And Latias, but that's more because of the roaming part

roaming legendaries are the reason why i don't intend to catch all the legendaries in the only main series pokemon game i've actually played(emerald)

I mash every buttons repeatedly at the same time, including L+R and the D Pad, but excluding start and select.

Mashing all buttons like crazy is also how I play Fighting Games, actually.

Pressing B is to run faster, even in game where it's not supposed to work, or game where it's supposed to have the opposite effect.

Bow down before my amazing gaming skills, peons ! MWAHAHAHAHAHA !

Edited by Edea the Brave