Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

my lip is swollen and bleeding from earlier

WHY DIDNT I LISTEN

oh no are u ok

Had I been born in Hawaii, my birthday would be in 11 minutes.

I ALREADY SAID EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE I KNEW I'D FORGET IT WAS TOMORROW AND I ALREADY FORGOT IT WAS TOMORROW

i'm done with this i hate myself

Whelp it's sort of a strange dread to explain.

hmm...well basically I have this thing where I act very differently around different people I see irl. Nothing really something I consciously controls, it just sort of happens. I mean it's nothing wrong, or unusual, I wouldn't say I have different personalities or whatever but anyways some people end up having ideas about me that are quite different than other people's ideas of me...

The biggest place where this contrast shows up is between my parents (who have an idea of me that's the most developed out of them all) and kids my age. This is fine and dandy and all, until they actually meet...it can be downright terrifying for me. Basically, they can shatter everything they think about me with just a few comments. It's like they'll have a different son. It honestly has scared the shit of me, hell I understand this fear is completely irrational but it really eats away at me constantly to the point where going out with my parents to anywhere where there's even a slim chance of kids from school being there scares me shitless.

Luckily, this hasn't happened in quite sometime, but on such date as August 5th, it is the parent-student orientation at the college I'm going to. And there are kids there who definitely know me and will definitely be there. It might just be unavoidable that there's a collision.

Whatever it's nice to get that off my chest at least.

Ahh, as I was reading it I was thinking to myself "college"

> got to the last paragraph

College.

You're worried about the other kids interacting with you? Is that what I'm taking away from this?

Edited by Soledai

Whelp it's sort of a strange dread to explain.

hmm...well basically I have this thing where I act very differently around different people I see irl. Nothing really something I consciously controls, it just sort of happens. I mean it's nothing wrong, or unusual, I wouldn't say I have different personalities or whatever but anyways some people end up having ideas about me that are quite different than other people's ideas of me...

The biggest place where this contrast shows up is between my parents (who have an idea of me that's the most developed out of them all) and kids my age. This is fine and dandy and all, until they actually meet...it can be downright terrifying for me. Basically, they can shatter everything they think about me with just a few comments. It's like they'll have a different son. It honestly has scared the shit of me, hell I understand this fear is completely irrational but it really eats away at me constantly to the point where going out with my parents to anywhere where there's even a slim chance of kids from school being there scares me shitless.

Luckily, this hasn't happened in quite sometime, but on such date as August 5th, it is the parent-student orientation at the college I'm going to. And there are kids there who definitely know me and will definitely be there. It might just be unavoidable that there's a collision.

Whatever it's nice to get that off my chest at least.

you're so hilarious silly

tbh i also have something on the very same 5th that's making my anxiety act up

still, you're a funny guy shezzy

Edited by Nobody

are you scared of your parents, shezzy?

tbh i'd also feel extremely unease being around my friends and my parents simultaneously

i kind of giggle a little at your posts but you're a lot like me

i mean, i'm definitely not scared of my parents, it's just that it'd be so weird

Edited by Nobody

oh no are u ok I ALREADY SAID EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE I KNEW I'D FORGET IT WAS TOMORROW AND I ALREADY FORGOT IT WAS TOMORROW

i'm done with this i hate myself

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Nothing directed at you.

Numbing shot? What for?

cavity being filled

oh no are u ok

yeah i'm just trying to deal with my bottom lip but its not gonna be the end of me

And completely ignoring my icing your face

yes

Ah, scared of one's parents.

Nowadays, it's more fear to the fear itself than the actual fear... and with stress thrown in for good measure.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yes, but also the way they interact with me in the presence of /parents.

In short, I don't want them to interact with me in a way my parents wouldn't expect people to talk to me or think of me like.

it's tough to explain.

Oh no, I get it, but it was a bit unexpected, well, hopefully those guys won't just throw caution in the wind when they see you and your folks.

Back when I was a lad, I stayed quiet for, more or less(it wasn't fear, but I didn't feel like explaining things), the same reason. That and no one I talked to was around, fortunately.

Yes, I'm not embaressed of them, it's just that awkwardness <_>

>_>

<_<

<_>

>_<

^_^

I think I know how you feel to an extant. I may have been worse, I had to hide the fact I had girlfriends from my family.

alright fucks how have you all been

tell me about life

even the people i don't know

especially you

life has been pretty boring

i'm in pennsylvania and i don't know what to do

all i do is sit around and listen to music trying not to think about horribly depressing things (usually unsuccessfully)

i think i'm going home today though so that's good

I actually tried to warn anyone who could do this about that, I even said 'if you see me with my parents don't even acknowledge me' but then they said

"oh but shezzy I can't just ignore you because that would be ruuuuuuuuuuude".

gee thanks.

I did this for a while too, hell I used to eat lunch in a fucking orchestra storage closet but eventually even that location became infiltrated with people so I just sort of gave in and start to talk to people...very sparingly.

would it ruin your life if one of them came and talked to you in the weirdest way possible

pretending you were best friends

or talking about girls

or idk

pretending they were your boyfriend

anything very awkward

i'd like to see your reaction tbh