• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

when you drop the sun on an opponent, theres not much a guy punching someone in the face can do

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

People can become a bit too intense in voting gauntlets. Just saw someone call Julia a green sow. 

what the actual

1 hour ago, Trisitei said:

when you drop the sun on an opponent, theres not much a guy punching someone in the face can do

what the actual

Well I gave my Sanaki  the ability to send unkindness of red ravens to make pineapple cry, but she still has her sun-dropping ability waiting in the wings.

I'm on team Sanaki and I have 0 problems with Julia. Heck, I'll probably back team Julia if Sanaki ends up losing. This person on the other clearly would not.

Edited by LuxSpes

@Fleece here we go! the rika cosplay lololol. since i lost the position very quickly, i had to use a time when i was seeing ein so yeah. 

Spoiler

e96d0458f2.jpg

also i know it looks quite messy. like i should have straightened the dress and stuff. oh well. but i really like the dress.

Nothing new in the Bazaar in terms of units, oh well. So now, ladies and gentlemen, we proceed into Chapter 40... and the Braiger finale.

In the Earth Craddle, Uruz is reporting to Magus of the battle at X-Point. Magus takes note Zengar will soon make contact with the heroes, to which Uruz voices concern again about a repeat of personality resurface. Magus notes adjustsments will be made if needed, but also notes that if he fails he'll just be scrapped. Uruz doesn't object, in fact, he's quite aware he and his "brothers" aren't the first of the Machinery Children. Still, he also voices another thing that has him puzzled. Despite all of them having been injected with machine cells, Magus refuses to do the same to Zengar, keeping him human and in stasis whenever not piloting the Thrudgelmir. But Magus simply responds that's none of his business, and tells him to finish preparations.

Back with the heroes, they go over again about their remaining enemies, which makes Isaac bring up Khamen. His goals are still quite unknown, other that he's after their mechas' energy sources, but Isaac has a few leads. He explains that back in the Space Era, he found evidence that Khamen met with the someone from the Federation's Space Development Bureau. This person was in charge of the developtment of the inner planets, with special attention to Jupiter (yes, it's not an inner planet, but eh). However, with the Jupiterian remmants, and the Federation not being able to spare soldiers to protect the research team in the post Balmar War chaos, Khamen stepped in to take that job. So basically, when the team first met Khamen (all the way back in Chapter 8), he was on his way to Jupiter.

The other lead is the so called Great Atum Plan. Atum, an Ancient Egypt sun god, and the're also a mention to a philosophy of "creation after destruction". Three supposedly connected elements, and yet there's no concrete answer yet. But just then, they detect a ship coming their way. It's him... Khamen comes...

i guess i am doing another revelations run

Corrin x Ryoma

Azura x Laslow
Xander x Sakura
Leo x Oboro
Takumi x Camilla
Jakob x Mozu
Silas x Hinoka
Kaze x Kagero
Saizo x Flora
Kaden x Charlotte
Hinata x Peri
Azama x Effie
Tsubaki x Beruka
Hayato x Elise
Benny x Rinkah
Keaton x Selena
Arthur x Nyx
Niles x Orochi
Odin x Felicia

i think thisll be what i do pairing wise to get second gen

27 minutes ago, Trisitei said:

nice cosplay

went to a con?

naaaah AX is in like early July :< I wanna go as Futaba instead now!! ...hopefully stuff works out and I can go as her...

5 minutes ago, Ebony said:

i guess i am doing another revelations run

Hide contents

Corrin x Ryoma

Azura x Laslow
Xander x Sakura
Leo x Oboro
Takumi x Camilla
Jakob x Mozu
Silas x Hinoka
Kaze x Kagero
Saizo x Flora
Kaden x Charlotte
Hinata x Peri
Azama x Effie
Tsubaki x Beruka
Hayato x Elise
Benny x Rinkah
Keaton x Selena
Arthur x Nyx
Niles x Orochi
Odin x Felicia

i think thisll be what i do pairing wise to get second gen

i don't remember Hayato x Elise being a thing. Or Leo x Oboro. Is it some kinda hack thingie you patched in your game?

1 minute ago, Midori Mage said:

i don't remember Hayato x Elise being a thing. Or Leo x Oboro. Is it some kinda hack thingie you patched in your game?

a friend of mine put the gay hack in the game
not only does it let same sex couples get married (and if you work for it, have kids but that actually requires going in and flipping the sex of a spouse in game just to get the kid) but it also adds some
like scarlet can get with ryoma now, flora with jakob, or w/e

So, Khamen greets the heroes, repeating they'll be sacrifices to Atum. Isaac cuts straight to the chase, and asks about the Great Atum Plan, and Khamen is willing to explain. Simply put, this plan is to... destroy Jupiter! After, he'll use the mechas' energy to convert the resulting energy into... Earth-sized artificial planets!? Yeah, the group is also shocked, though Isaac explains the idea isn't that out there. Apparently, there was a plot back in the AD era to break down Jupiter into 36 Dyson Spheres, as a way to solve overpopulation and energy source problems.

Khamen explans he and his Nubia made two projects against the gravity shockwave. One was the Earth Craddle to house themselves in cryo-stasis, which finally explains to the heroes who finished it. Just like how Mao Industries and the Haran Conglomerate built the Moon Craddle, the Nubia Connection finished construction on the Earth Craddle after the Divine Crusaders stopped the project (also explaining why they encountered Khamen near the Craddle in west Africa). But then Khamen says the Magus Project and Machine Cells ran out of control (another revelation for the heroes), forcing the Nubians to abandon the place. But this was simply the back-up plan. They then went to Jupiter, where they resumed the cryo-stasis, until he could meet with the heroes again.

Naturally, such crazy plan of his would endeanger many lives, but Khamen has no concern for non-Nubians. So of course, the J9 Team won't let that happen.

And the stage begins!

2 hours ago, Futaba said:

@Fleece here we go! the rika cosplay lololol. since i lost the position very quickly, i had to use a time when i was seeing ein so yeah. 

Hide contents

e96d0458f2.jpg

also i know it looks quite messy. like i should have straightened the dress and stuff. oh well. but i really like the dress.

Nice!!!!!!! It looks really good and you also pull it off very well *o* And I also really like the dress

Just now, Fleece said:

Nice!!!!!!! It looks really good and you also pull it off very well *o* And I also really like the dress

thanks! o/ i'm happy to hear that. and i do too! it's so pretty and nice. and it doesn't even feel like a costume. the maker was real good.

So, before acutally starting, a couple things.

That secret I mentioned in the previous stage about obtaining a Broccolli Walker Machine. Well, another aspect about it is that it also makes Elche into a permanent pilot. Yeah, last stage was temporary only, since I didn't got that secret due to route splits. So, Elche is now sub-pilot for the Iron Gear, leaving the Ra Cairam as the only battleship with no sub-pilots (Torres and Sagweza are right there, dammit!). I only had to reshuffle the Xabungle pilots slightly, but eh.

Another thing, this stage has a secret, but only if I had 23 or less skill points, so I can't use it. Anyway, if Banjou is deployed for this stage, after the J9 Team do their little speech, Banjou and his team do another in turn, and for the second and last time, Garrison, Toppo, and Reika become sub-pilots for Banjou once more. Just for this stage. Still, would've been nice.

Anyway... so, Khamen Khamen. No reusing Alpha units this time, just a squad of Bumblebee XO's and his flagship. Compared to last stages, this one's a breather. I'll take it. However, remember that Zengar is still en route to meet us... yeah, the foreshadowing is crystal clear here.

22 minutes ago, Futaba said:

naaaah AX is in like early July :< I wanna go as Futaba instead now!! ...hopefully stuff works out and I can go as her...

It shouldn't be much to go as her

just need to use her summer threads

unless there's other steps to it that I'm not aware of

2 minutes ago, Futaba said:

thanks! o/ i'm happy to hear that. and i do too! it's so pretty and nice. and it doesn't even feel like a costume. the maker was real good.

np ( ◜◡◝ )

and yeah you could probably get away with wearing the dress out of cosplay as something casual if you wanted to-- I don't see why not

2 minutes ago, Futaba said:

np ( ◜◡◝ )

and yeah you could probably get away with wearing the dress out of cosplay as something casual if you wanted to-- I don't see why not

22 minutes ago, Futaba said:

Just now, Trisitei said:

well, I like the winter one more haha. but summer one would work too... though most people seem to use the winter one too? 
there's also the wig... and i'm having trouble right now too 

Just now, Fleece said:

np ( ◜◡◝ )

indeed! wearing a wig is also super nice ... though my head got itchy a lot lol

And I don't doubt Zengar will show up here, since the Bumblebee XO's are so fragile... I one-shot them...

Just now, Trisitei said:

well, I like the winter one more haha. but summer one would work too... though most people seem to use the winter one too? 
there's also the wig... and i'm having trouble right now too 

Just now, Fleece said:

np ( ◜◡◝ )

indeed! wearing a wig is also super nice ... though my head got itchy a lot lol

And they're all down. Hah! Now to fight Khamen... and hear that maginificent BGM for the last time in this playthrough... It's okay, I'll have Youtube and the Sound Select mode to hear it whenever I want.

After Gynaham and Kashim, Khamen is a breeze. His flagship has nothing special, and can even ran out of EN quickly, and doesn't have Regen abilities. Pft, this is clearly warming up for Zengar, so Khamen is kinda getting shafted, for his climax stage. Then again, the Braiger plot here is quite bare-bones... oh well... Although, they gain points for contributing significantly to the OG stuff, considering its involvement with the Earth Craddle.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, I'll stop for now, and take down Khamen some other day.

One last thing for today. During this stage, this is the BGM for both Player and Enemy Phases.

Unlike the Black History BGM in Chapter 38, this does not override battle themes. Which is good, considering Khamen's battle BGM. Okay, that's it for now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

LOL, this parody sketch...

"No no no, after 10 years, the inmigrant's warranty is over, you can't send him back in this state."

"We can make a trade. Give me this used up inmigrant, and I'll give you another one brand new."

"Take the offer now. Once the wall is built, inmigrant prices will rise."

Edited by Acacia Sgt