Serenes Arena Cup I (BALDRICK WINS)

Espinosa

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically the final is the match between the two division winners, and the semifinals are division finals.

Nono, I took a look at the bracket and I know about this stuff. The winner of Refa vs you goes to Grand Finals and is guaranteed 1/2nd place while the Loser goes to Loser's Finals and is guaranteed 3rd place (and can get 1st if they win in Grand Finals twice). Ive been in enough smash tournaments to know this by now >_>.

What sort of contexts does the (if necessary) indicate then?

And I should probably, like, study double elimination tourney rules or stuff - maybe knowing some standard would help alleviate the confusion.

It's not hard to understand, really. The reason why the Winner of Winner's Bracket has a better Grand Finals is because he hasn't lost even once. The name says it all: Double Elimination. So in order for the Winner of Losers Bracket to win the tournament, he has to prove him/herself by defeating the Winner of Winners Bracket twice. It's happened a lot before, so its not like its an insurmountable lead. Though it is obviously done with more competitive games.

Looks like I can't post the image of the bracket anymore, so a link will do for now.

Vennobennu is playing Athena now, then the winner plays Shin, then the winner plays Refa, and we have ourselves a final match (or two?).

Preliminary Results:

5 PKL

5 Vennobennu

7 Horace

7 Elieson

9 Dio

9 Espinosa

9 Psych

9 ZM

13 Randa

13 Dandragon

13 AnonymousSpeed

13 Tables

Loser of Shin/Athena gets 4th. Baldrick is guaranteed at least 2nd. Refa is guaranteed at least 3rd.

Well, that's the end of me! It was great to be part of the tournament - big thanks to Espinosa and all the hosts. Some balance issues have come up (Nasir and Nihil teams, generally putting all boosters on one Laguz unit), but it is early days after all.

Hm

Should I get a Solid Snake avatar or Blue Oak avatar?

MOTHERFUCKING GARY OAK

Er, Blue. Yeah, that dude.

I'll try and have something done tonight, if not that, tomorrow. Refa's in for a surprise, he'll be so distraught he'll go back to playing COD.

So it's Baldrick vs. Refa in the finals... If Refa ends up avenging himself, these two will face each other three times in the same tourney (since Baldrick was the one who eliminated Refa from the winners bracket).

Let's clarify what you two want to do with Nasir, if anything (we could not agree on anything and just see what happens), and get the final showdown on when the two teams are submitted!

I haven't been able to come up with anything tbqh, and I doubt there's anything I could, like, create for the occasion. Any ideas?

It'd be pretty neat if there were some picture of a cup made of gold or smth that would appear under a poster's name (or whatever), but I'm not sure if it's worth asking the mods about that? We could always place those in sigs.

what does the winner get other than the satisfaction of being the first to be the best at something?

but I beat pkl first