Serenes Arena Cup I (BALDRICK WINS)

Espinosa

I'm going to be really busy until like Wednesday, so I won't be able to do any battles until Thursday.

If this is too long of a wait, feel free to sub me out. I don't mind.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like we're done with Week 3, aside from Athena's Winners bracket match.

We can begin the Round 3 games between losers anytime both the sides are ready with their teams. There's Horace vs. Shin, and Venno vs. Elieson.

Soooo... When's the next tour I wished I woulda got in

Not anytime soon as far as I'm concerned... Don't have nearly enough time to host them consecutively. This first one has been loads of fun for me so far, and I'm trying to establish a framework that can be followed by others in my possible absence.

I think the next tournament could also be dedicated to PoR custom averages, but with the Ike x Oscar support unbanned. Not quite sure about Ragnell though; I think we should keep it out and just hold a few Ubers games outside of tourney settings because there's little variety there.

We keep finding new mechanics problems, so there's always stuff to figure out and PoR is the most interesting metagame we've got right now IMHO.

So is it really like all the smart folks say and that a team of Calill/Nasir/Makalov or Ike (two primary Parity users) the only team one should run if one is to be competitively successful? I'm not convinced tbqh, and we all know of Nasir's gauge problems, and Calill being a resource drain / still going down rather easily.

Any ideas on what I could have done better? I feel like I picked too many squishes. Even Boyd and Largo couldn't really take a hit.

If you mean the last game you lost to Venno, then it's any of the following problems:

1) not finishing off Rolf early (you had Largo with a +hit support), because Tibarn would have much better chances of tanking Kieran and Marcia with Cancel than Rolf's effective meaty chip

2) not keeping your Nihilists alive for the endgame

3) your Calill had Vantage and would've done harsh damage to whomever decided it's a good to attack her, plus you already knew you took care of the only Nihilist on Venno's team (no Nasir/Calill so no second/third Nihil; Nihil cancels Parity), instead you suicided her

4) Runesword on Marcia is kinda expected at this point in the metagame, though maybe I'm just spoilt by all the teams I've been sent in the last few months. Generally, somebody having +4 mag over base is a good enough sign they could be running the Runesword; possibly starting with it. Very predictable with Marcia's low strength and durability problems too. So yeah, you could've seen it coming that you'd waste a turn with Largo there.

Probably some more. I would say "you took off the Full Guard too early" but at that point you needed impressive hax to emerge victorious anyway.

I blame Shin for everything, I was born ready.

Oh yeah, your PM from March 6 is for the game against Shin. Approving Elieson's team as well. When Shin/Venno are done with their teams, we can start DA GAMES.

Look like shin needs all the help he can get?

Well you know who else needs help?

It was less help and more I forgot that items existed. Go me!