Serenes Arena Cup I (BALDRICK WINS)

Espinosa

Yeah, Volke should totally be able to steal and I think I proposed the idea when we just started out. It's just nobody's tried using him you see. Still, he has some Janaff-level offence with that 30 AS and can 2RKO GENERALS - probably comparable to some of the worse Sages.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they would just prolong battles unnecessarily.

Stealing would debuff the royals (especially Tibarn and excluding Naesala) because starting with Full Guard and then switching to the Laguz Band no longer works as the Laguz band could be stolen.

Having Elixirs would place a lot of emphasis on ORKOing, or stalling out the Elixir charges. I wouldn't want them.

I /could/ see Vulneraries being useful without being overpowered (FE9 lacks Concoctions), as 10 HP isn't the end of the world.

Steal would be interesting if you made it clear what items everyone starts off with. Having Volke steal weapons would make him a nice utility character (stealing bows from Archers for example).

no stealing, no healing items, no staves

you should not be allowed to "pass" your turn by always having the option to perform an action that can't be countered. i disagree with the invented mechanics for reinforce and roar as well, but roar is not so bad.

Edited by dondon151

If so many mechanics want to be implemented, then get a map, define 2 team spots and simulate a chapter, I dunno. LA is like strict combat, hence why healers aren't allowed.

this would be fun but incredibly complicated.

honestly reinforce is so bad it shouldnt be considered, when i made my last team i did so without looking at the reinforcement peg stats, since i remembered them being pretty good. They can hardly hit and hardly do damage and are orko'd easily.

Good; thanks to PKL this won't be a problem then!

Anyway, I do think we should try to get at least most of the round 2 / losers round 1 games out of the way first. Or not? Looking at the bracket, it seems that losers end up playing the most games so maybe it's not a bad idea if the bottom bracket is a little ahead of the top one.