Serenes Arena Cup I (BALDRICK WINS)

Espinosa

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll sign up as a player, if you're really short on hosts i'll do that too, although i'll be on holidays for the first few days and will only have my phone for internet, which might make doing the calculations tough and generally take a long time.

An extra host is definitely appreciated right now! Being away isn't a very big problem, it seems, as games could be co-hosted (in a big event like this, not stalling matches might be more important than emphasising comedy in narration and whatnot).

Also, since we are at 14 players right now, I've made a change - 16 players will be the max (I wasn't sure I could get 8 when I posted the topic, but now 16 looks all too plausible), and people are still welcome to sign up as replacement players afterwards. With such a large turnover all sorts of force majeure situations requiring a replacement are pretty likely.

Oh yeah, and it's double elimination! Gonna be a lot of games, fun fun.

Wait, Aether is banned?

USELESS TO ME

Ike's prf Ragnell is banned, and he can't support Oscar. Aside from that, he can use Aether if you wish (some seem to be more fond of Ike as a user of Resolve skill combos).

An extra host is definitely appreciated right now! Being away isn't a very big problem, it seems, as games could be co-hosted (in a big event like this, not stalling matches might be more important than emphasising comedy in narration and whatnot).

Also, since we are at 14 players right now, I've made a change - 16 players will be the max (I wasn't sure I could get 8 when I posted the topic, but now 16 looks all too plausible), and people are still welcome to sign up as replacement players afterwards. With such a large turnover all sorts of force majeure situations requiring a replacement are pretty likely.

Oh yeah, and it's double elimination! Gonna be a lot of games, fun fun.

Ike's prf Ragnell is banned, and he can't support Oscar. Aside from that, he can use Aether if you wish (some seem to be more fond of Ike as a user of Resolve skill combos).

I keep forgetting about that support cause i rarely use Oscar.

I can't read tonight, I apologize.

If there are 16 people, we could theoretically get started on this whenever people finish making their teams and the Hosts are ready (I guess the bracket would need to be made too which could take time). I say this because I uh...finished my team I WAS BORED.

If there's a spot left, I'd like to be in.

Added you, and there's just one spot remaining.

If there are 16 people, we could theoretically get started on this whenever people finish making their teams and the Hosts are ready (I guess the bracket would need to be made too which could take time). I say this because I uh...finished my team I WAS BORED.

That's what I thought too; no point in waiting... And yeah, I should make the bracket as soon as we have all 16 players.

Here come the Bracket for the tourney and the Round 1 matches.

[spoiler=Bracket]

2zef6gx.jpg

Round 1 matches

A. Elieson vs. Randa

B. PKL vs. Dio

C. Refa vs. Dandragon

D. Venobennu vs. Espinosa

E. AnonymousSpeed vs. Baldrick

F. GeneralHorace vs. Psych

G. Shin vs. Tables

H. ZM vs. Athena

So that's how that is folks!

About the procedure... All players can start working on their teams (many already have very complete ones as far as I know). Everybody besides Venobennu should PM their teams to me as long as they're more or less complete (i.e. have 5 units and their stuff and generally follow the sample of team building that you can find close to the very top of the Link Arena FAQ). I will provide feedback, check if the teams are fine and start launching games when both players in the same game are ready.

Since none of the other hosts as of now have been around since the LA started out (though Anon has played a lion's share of the recent games), I'd like to ask somebody from the arena veterans (who know the ins and outs and generally don't require any of my input when I receive their teams) to volunteer to check Venobennu's team, after which his and my teams will be sent to the same host (who isn't me).

I'll be slowly starting the games as the teams keep coming, and if I find myself overwhelmed I'll be asking the other hosts to co-host or take over. Different people take varying amounts of time to come up with their teams so it shouldn't be too bad; at least for the start, but we'll see what happens, we'll see.

Edited by Espinosa

If you need an extra host, I've run my fair share of a variety of forum games, both here and on other forums, and I'm fairly confident I know most of the mechanics of the game and can check anything I'm not sure of. But since I've never played in the LA before I guess keep me as a last choice or something.

All right, Venobennu can PM his team to Hawkeye or PKL.

After that, Horace is probably going to be the host for our game.

I've been receiving teams in PM already, so some matches will probably be started p soon. I'll see how things are going, and will at some point start getting the co-hosts to take part in it too, probably with some sort of group PM with instructions or advice on how to host accurately and consistently.

Just a notice that I will most likely not be able to start battling until Sunday, as my time is really limited until then.

Though from the looks of it, my match is the last one to get hosted so it's hopefully not a huge inconvenience.

Though from the looks of it, my match is the last one to get hosted so it's hopefully not a huge inconvenience.

I'm starting to host the games as soon as the teams are ready, rather than in any particular order. But take your time; ZM hasn't sent in a team yet either.