What's the weirdest first name you've ever heard of?

Nobody

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno about first names alone, but if we're talking about origins, I know someone named Kitty because her parents ran over a dead cat on the way to the hospital :O

I dunno about first names alone, but if we're talking about origins, I know someone named Kitty because her parents ran over a dead cat on the way to the hospital :O

hahahahahaha

seriously?

that's fantastic (well, not for the poor kitty =/)

"North", made all the weirder by the child's surname being "West" (Then again, the child does have Kanye West as a father, so I guess it's to be expected...).

Runner-up for me has to be Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin naming their child "Apple".

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I live in Utah, so, um, this is sort of par for the course:

u96jkki.jpg

I mean, most names are standard names, but there are plenty of perfectly unique names out there.

Thats just...eeeeeeeh. WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN?!

You know what really boils my snow? People who spell names super funky in order for them to be "unique" but its just fucking Michaela. It being spelled "Mickaylah" does not make your child special. It just makes their life horribly inconvenient in the realm of spelling. (and their checks always getting the name wrong. Its pretty miserable, people so cut that shit out!)

Thats just...eeeeeeeh. WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN?!

You know what really boils my snow? People who spell names super funky in order for them to be "unique" but its just fucking Michaela. It being spelled "Mickaylah" does not make your child special. It just makes their life horribly inconvenient in the realm of spelling. (and their checks always getting the name wrong. Its pretty miserable, people so cut that shit out!)

There is a relatively common thing here in brazil that consists of picking an english name and putting a lot of weird consonants in the middle (or doubling them), specially k, y and w, which aren't normally used in portuguese. It's generally (but not always) associated with poor people.

Like, Dayanna, Wylsson, Rycharddy, Woshynton, or my favorite Waldysney.

I don't really these as that weird, though, since I'm kind of used to seeing them.

Edited by Nobody

Runner-up for me has to be Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin naming their child "Apple".

I actually knew someone named Apple.

They were this tiny little Filipino chick.

There is a relatively common thing here in brazil that consists of picking an english name and putting a lot of weird consonants in the middle (or doubling them), specially k, y and w, which aren't normally used in portuguese. It's generally (but not always) associated with poor people.

Like, Dayanna, Wylsson, Rycharddy, Woshynton, or my favorite Waldysney.

I don't really these as that weird, though, since I'm kind of used to seeing them.

:/ Ehh.

I did meet a lady named Lynx Zohar. Her name was so badass...

Names I've heard in the news/online: A number of Apples, some Supermans, and Like (named after the Facebook button... no, seriously).

Names I've actually met: Two twin girls, called Blessing and Moreblessing.

I don't remember any atm, but then I came across...

................. My name is Katelynn... is that funky enough to be considered bad? It's definitely uncommon...

But... I quite like my name ;u; So... as long as I like it I guess~

Some people in my province wanted to name their kid 'Spatule'(literally french for a spatula). Other weird names would C'est-un-ange(he's an angel) et Caresse(hug).

I don't remember any atm, but then I came across...

................. My name is Katelynn... is that funky enough to be considered bad? It's definitely uncommon...

But... I quite like my name ;u; So... as long as I like it I guess~

That one isnt too bad. Especially with Catelyn becoming a popular name. (Pronounced Kat-elin) Thanks Game of Thrones.... And it doesnt look absolutely ridiculous or hard to spell. It also makes sense phonetically and your eyes arent trying to deal with all these ys and hs. Ive seen peeps that have my name but its spelled like the following:

Jaymee

Jaimiee

Jaymy

And other stupid variants. The placing of the i is not terribly important. My mum was also something of a victim of this although it seems innocuous enough. Jeanie is a common name. Dropping the e at the end, not so much.

I don't remember exactly where this was from, but I was once doing a roll call for something and there was a girl who's name was Lakiesha. It took me a really long time to figure out how to pronounce it.