QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

well what's great about where i live is we're in ohio but really it's more like kentucky, and the more south you go the more people do that

everyone talks to, like, everyone around here

yeah i don't really understand why other nations think this is a bad thing.

A curious supply and encouragement of free-wheeling optimism, whether or not based in reality

Also, I'd like to think we've produced some enjoyable music for a country that doesn't have a cultural heritage more than a couple hundred years old Charles Mingus

yep. we sure know how to make good music.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i don't really understand why other nations think this is a bad thing.

yep. we sure know how to make good music.

As mentioned, the same happens here too, but I dislike it. I'm not the most social guy, so I feel awkward when a stranger talks to me

i get it on an individual level, as there are lots of people in the us that aren't fond of it either. but on a general level? i just don't see how. or maybe that's just how american i am.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I understand the night life is great relative to other countries

Also argentina has loads of just beautiful places and shit. Straight up. It's a cool place to visit.

Finally our history of "never being quite politically/socially/economically stable" is funny

what's good about America again

Fine, here's another one. On Thursday, I went shopping. On my way to the store, there was some dude with a portable microphone reading verses from the Bible? Later that day, I went to grab cookies from my favorite store. The lady that grabbed my cookies wore a hijab. You wanna know what's cool about all that? As long as a religion doesn't damage/harm physical things, we're free to advertise it in public without threat of being arrested/executed.

That goes for Italy too, actually. In Naples it's almost a rule that you have to talk to people, lol

OT: Food, Italy is unbeatable in terms of cuisine

Damn you and your country's amazing ice cream

i don't really know, it's a very big and heterogeneous country, so most things I could say would be valid for some places but not for others.

right now i'd say free college, though =)

Edited by NOBODY

You know what?

I dont even know anymore. I guess the best thing is that someone can go out in the street and say whatever he wants without getting arrested.

Maybe...

The cheese is ok.

Fine, here's another one. On Thursday, I went shopping. On my way to the store, there was some dude with a portable microphone reading verses from the Bible? Later that day, I went to grab cookies from my favorite store. The lady that grabbed my cookies wore a hijab. You wanna know what's cool about all that? As long as a religion doesn't damage/harm physical things, we're free to advertise it in public without threat of being arrested/executed.

It's part of the freedom of speech which most other countries don't have for the fact of the way they circle around religion or their ways about believing how life should go in that country.

I digress though.

Idk how much other places in the world compare to this, but that doesn't change how I like just seeing such ethnic/cultural diversity around me

And it's so great to see so many different people from all around the world just chatting and hanging~

Idk how much other places in the world compare to this, but that doesn't change how I like just seeing such ethnic/cultural diversity around me

And it's so great to see so many different people from all around the world just chatting and hanging~

my favorite thing about my school is the heavy middle eastern and lighter chinese international student population, i dig.

also we graced the world with maradona

God bless your land or something.

Maradona is practically worshipped as a god in Naples

Another good thing I'd like to say about Italy is the existance of Berlusconi its cultural/ historical importance

God bless your land or something.

Maradona is practically worshipped as a god in Naples

Another good thing I'd like to say about Italy is the existance of Berlusconi its cultural/ historical importance

lmao i met an italian chick once, said her uncle was in with berlusconi and the mafia

lmao i met an italian chick once, said her uncle was in with berlusconi and the mafia

Not surprising at all. If you were to go to Naples, you'd notice that every second person is involved with the mafia. Naples is one badass city.

One more thing I have to praise; the insults. 20 % of Italian words can be used to insult someone. It's quite fun to learn about all of them