QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right

I also use Google Hangouts (which are pretty great) and Facebook Messenger and Steam
so probably
Skype > IRC = Hangouts > Messenger ≥ Steam

Skype and Line

how does that work out? I was under the impression it was mostly a Japan / Korea / China thing; is it more widespread?
I really don't know much of anything about it
the most I know is that Line does shitty webtoon translations

Man, I used to do MSN so much before it died. RIP it, MSN was the bestest ever.

Now it's IRC and Skype. Prefer IRC by a huge margin and that's where a lot of the important people are anyway.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually do have a Skype account, but I haven't yet given it away to anyone.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh right

I also use Google Hangouts (which are pretty great) and Facebook Messenger and Steam

so probably

Skype > IRC = Hangouts > Messenger ≥ Steam

how does that work out? I was under the impression it was mostly a Japan / Korea / China thing; is it more widespread?

I really don't know much of anything about it

the most I know is that Line does shitty webtoon translations

It's gaining some international appeal, I believe they've sponsored some music events and people including Taylor Swift, have a few mates in the US that use it and some rare ones here, really though not that much different from WeChat/Whatsapp/Kik/BBM etc. Just a matter of preference, it does have lots of stickers though which is fun, and I like the availability of a desktop app.

Edited by Alb

It's gaining some international appeal, I believe they've sponsored some music events and people including Taylor Swift, have a few mates in the US that use it and some rare ones here, really though not that much different from WeChat/Whatsapp/Kik/BBM etc. Just a matter of preference, it does have lots of stickers though which is fun, and I like the availability of a desktop app.

yeah I basically just know them through their webtoons app, aka "cheap entertainment on the bus"

I'd consider installing the main app but I don't know anyone who uses it (or at least, that I would message with it)

Skype's the one I use the most frequently, but I have several others just...lying around.

Android; Moto X.

Dtt9CkX.png
Mine is an older model, but the colors are right.

EDIT: ambiguity

Edited by Euklyd