QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancer. My grandma outlived both of her children because of it. And given the amount of lives it costs, it seems like a good choice..

I guess AIDS and HIV would also be good contenders. We all can get behind the idea that Cancer should be fought. But with AIDS and HIV, the world's ignorance about the subject makes it hard to properly take up the fight it in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

I'd almost answer progeria, because oh come on that's just not fucking fair, but I'd give it to AIDS for the combination of relative difficulty in treating and number of people affected.

It's closer than it should probably be for a rational person, though. Just the idea of progeria makes me cry, man

Edited by Rehab

Seriously: Probably HIV/AIDS, I would say cancer but cancer derives from the same process that also is responsible for evolution and I would rather animals have the ability to evolve with a 1 in 10,000 price for said ability.

I'll go with this

(another post just to say once more that progeria really sucks, even though it doesn't affect that many people)

I'd almost answer progeria, because oh come on that's just not fucking fair, but I'd give it to AIDS for the combination of relative difficulty in treating and number of people affected.

It's closer than it should probably be for a rational person, though. Just the idea of progeria makes me cry, man

man that's terrible, I never even knew that existed

feels bad man, I'm inclined to agree, but I'll say AIDS as well

(another post just to say once more that progeria really sucks, even though it doesn't affect that many people)

I got to know progeria from an episode of a tv series in which a girl had BOTH progeria and HIV. Yeah, progeria is definitely one of the worst things that can happen to anyone.

I'm going for cancer, I guess, if it counts as a single disease, if only because almost everyone I know who died died of cancer, and i even know some people my age who have had it (thankfully all of them survived).

Edited by First Impressions of Earth

It would be hard for me to not say cancer

It's taken many lives of people that I care about and the families and friends of those that I care about. Eradicate it with no mercy.

cancer seems like the smarter choice because it's harder (?) to cope with but I really want to pick AIDS so I can encourage sodomy.

Would eliminating the disease erase it from history entirely, or just end it right here and now?

Erased from history: Cancer, so I could have my grandmother back

Ended from now on: AIDS

we're not fucking with time here - you are, 9.05am, 31/05/2014 AEST, annihilating One (1) disease.