My Ike is awful

Ok so is it just my poor luck or is Ike bad? He literally cannot do anything. I'm thinking its probably strength, but seriously, is my Ike just extra bad? This is my first playthrough of the game. sorry the pics so tiny.

post-10525-0-45555500-1394859225_thumb.png

Edited by n00srac

Good news first: HP and MAG are both noticeably above average.

Bad news: DEF and RES are both -1 and that STR is 4.5 below average. He's gained STR less than 1/3 as often as he should on average. A 50% growth is the least likely growth to actually be on average, though.

You're in pretty bad shape, yeah... Speed seems fine, to be honest, but you'll want to be giving him a few energy drops. Wrath/Resolve should still allow him to kill Ashnard, if he gets a few more points in DEF to survive the first hit. Killing the BK will be an issue, but probably still possible; the Ragnell is one hell of a weapon!

Besides, you've still got 25 levels left for your luck to turn around; Ike's got a great promotion time, so he'll probably level cap in 2nd tier if you use him (which might be hard, given his STR screwage, but still).

You can forge -weight in this game and it's pretty cheap, so a steel forge is probably better for better weapon exp (wexp is pretty slow in this game since it doesn't get doubled on kills). Still, save energy drops for him and maybe spirit dusts if you want to use the sonic sword/runesword to salvage his offense against certain enemies. It's actually not *that* bad of an idea against wyverns for 1-2 range, targeting res and effective damage (with the SS).

Thanks for the responses. I am desperately searching for some energy drops so that Ike can get back on his feet. Fortunately, all my other units are doing well, especially Soren, who has yet to fail me on a level up.

Uh....ouch. I didn't know it was possible for Ike to get screwed in anything. But to answer your question, no, Ike doesn't suck at all. In fact, he can normally solo the game even on hard mode. You're just really unlucky.

Mine was Def cursed and I thought you knew that.

Either way, he's probably the second or third best lord in the series gameplaywise (I rank Eph above him, maybe Sigurd) and you were kind of cursed.

*goes back to crying over her own cursed Ike that is basically why she dislikes him so much*

Much better and also that level 14 Ike before Procter str once since he either starts at 6 or 5 str now Jill suffered from low low speed and str (Marcia had better str and Mia did through there natural growths ._.) I almost used all speed wings but one for illiyana (I'm doin a girls run plus Ike)

Edited by Ronman5

Mine was Def cursed and I thought you knew that.

Either way, he's probably the second or third best lord in the series gameplaywise (I rank Eph above him, maybe Sigurd) and you were kind of cursed.

*goes back to crying over her own cursed Ike that is basically why she dislikes him so much*

It's a general acceptance that Sigurd is the best lord.

The ability to survive for more than 5 chapters. perhaps?

In other words, deriding Sigurd for getting barbequed halfway through the game, right?

Back to the topic, that's a nice recovery for that Ike.

That's a good comeback for Ike

Then again I'm usually fortunate even with the lesser considered lords (Such as Roy, Eliwood, Lyn)

I generally think Sigurd, Seliph, Alm Ike, Lucina and Fe1/3 Marth were the most powerful. I've also had extremely bad Hectors all but once lol

Edited by Jedisupersorry