It's Time To Duel!!!! Mafia [Game Over]

Elieson

I'll see about Shinori once he gets a replacement and his replacement gets posts going. I don't want to claim I don't believe that bad stuff is happening, but this is mafia and I'm not good at reading into AtE =/

Want scorri in particular to post some scumhunting content because I'm not so sure about my earlier read on her. Also if you're town sorry for being kind of a jerk about the other day.

Gonna sign off and do something else, maybe check the thread before I head to sleep if anything. I'm having too much fun with the game and if I stay on the excitement is gonna take a longer while to die off and I'll end up sleeping really late. Sorry about the postspamming, if you guys want me to shut up let me know and I'll try.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed that Poly pretty much had to be Kaiba after Psych's flip.

nope, I'm not actually

now if you'll excuse me I must steal a teddy bear from a loli to get into character

scorri, Randa, Poly: you guys seem to be around, who do you want to lynch today?

Also, I don't know. Vhaltz' claim still seems crappy in light of Psych's flip and my role, but that may just be me. I'm not sure who else feels scummy in any way to me.

I buy Shinori legit does have bad stuff going on, but even if that sucks, it doesn't have any effect on what's in his role PM.

Vhaltz postspamming is a lot better than posting essays on Day 1.

Whoo~ D2's pace is finally picking up. Okay then.

- Eury's D1 SB case is still mostly retroactive, in fact she could have voted him in her #108 for the reasons she later voted him for but didn't. It's also scummy how she pushes SB's idea as having scum intent but then handwaves the people agreeing with it because she's "not sure if they're scumbuddies or dumb town", if she takes a stance then that affects how she should be reading SB's proposal in the first place so I find this very slimy.

In light of the flip, I also question Eury for hard-defending Vhaltz but ignoring Kay's awful jump on the wagon entirely and calling that vote "null", especially when BBM's Vhaltz vote seemed questionable to her. Eury, why did you give Kay a pass?

1. I made it clear as day that I didn't like SB from the get-go, honestly. That, and my cases against him were getting waved off anyways, so I felt little need to further elaborate on him/the case (since, as you said earlier Prims, he wasn't going to get lynched or anything D1, so wasting my time/breath on him seemed silly as the day phase wore on and eventually came to a close).

2. This'll sound pretty bad, but I'll admit that I didn't give Kay's posts in general a whole lot of in-depth look/care, lol. Skimming her posts (while I was making the original reads post that you linked), along with the fact that I haven't gamed with her NEARLY as much as BBM himself, means that things I find quirky/weird with BBM probably wouldn't apply to her or catch in my mind. (And my mind naturally had less of a "What is X's meta", since, again, I don't know much about her playing style as a whole.) So Idk- careless play on my part, you could sum it up to, while keeping my sights bent on the gut/vibe reads that I felt were more important at the time.

Want scorri in particular to post some scumhunting content because I'm not so sure about my earlier read on her. Also if you're town sorry for being kind of a jerk about the other day.

Naw, it's no problem. I wouldn't be playing if I couldn't take someone being a bit of a jerk every once in a while. You thought I was scummy and I wasn't having an especially good time collecting my thoughts and stuff, so it's understandable how you'd think that. No hard feelings, etc.

Preedit:

Hrm... Eury, you didn't really address a main point of Prim's first point which was you found a thing he did scummy, but then just handwaved it for everyone else. Why wouldn't they be scummy for doing the same thing that he did? Also your thing with Kay doesn't make you look any better in my mind. :/

scorri, Randa, Poly: you guys seem to be around, who do you want to lynch today?

This, this is a good question. I have no idea who we should lynch yet. I'm still going back through all the day one shit. And a lot of it doesn't really give me anything. All I know is that we can't be all wishy washy like day 1 given that we need hammers to lynch.

Preedit:

Hrm... Eury, you didn't really address a main point of Prim's first point which was you found a thing he did scummy, but then just handwaved it for everyone else. Why wouldn't they be scummy for doing the same thing that he did? Also your thing with Kay doesn't make you look any better in my mind. :/

1. I said it a few times, and if people aren't going to agree with my case, then what point is there to beat a dead horse? I can easily quote it again later if it needs to be said again, but I don't see the need to repeat myself like a broken record. Wasted breath is wasted time, imo.

2. I never said it'd make me 'look any better' in anyone's minds regarding my Kay comment/elaboration (quite the opposite), but I'm not going to lie and try to pull up some half-assed lie about why I found her actions/posting at that point truly null. I honestly didn't take a close look at her posts, and that was my mistake. Whether that makes me look bad for admitting the truth or not is irrelevant to me, tbh, and I'm sorry if that bothers you?

uhhh that's not what I'm getting at

You said SB was scummy for proposing his plan.

Then when other people agreed with his plan, you said you weren't sure if they were scumbuddies or dumb town, and never came to a conclusion.

Evidently if you argue they're dumb town, it damages your case because it's an acknowledgment that SB's plan wasn't innately scummy.

You were essentially ignoring other people to justify your case on SB.

Looking over D1, I can't really see many that much from Kay. She seems to be playing like her usual rather absent self. I'm rather inclined to believe Randa is confused town. Rather than jumping to opportune targets, I'm sensing a general sense of lostness, which scum backed by a team would probably receive advice for. Vhaltz is another one I'm feeling pretty good about, I see no reason for him to harp on such a long Kay campaign for the sake of bussing, Sure most of his early D1 sucks, generally voting or suspecting people for fairly insignificant reasons, but I don't see any desire to get a lynch out for the sake of it.

If Poly really did shoot Kay, I'm probably happy to call him town. Surely even Poly's not dumb enough to shoot a scumbuddy! I'm actually rather surprised he's posted so little, I wonder if Carpal Tunnel has set in?

scorri's focus of Vhaltz is worth noting, she's said very little else about anyone and Kay's made a few blank statements about her with very little prompting. It's not a massive read, but it's something that caught my attention more than anything else. I'm not saying turbolynch, but I'm a little suspicious of her.

I also don't like DA BEAR. Although his posts were sparse, there really wasn't any content to many of them other than "lynch Randa", he doesn't even attempt to make other reads and then agrees with the Psych lynch without saying anything about it.

Yeah, I dunno what to tell you to be honest. I don't know why Kay mentioned me. Overall I didn't find much useful from Kay since she didn't really commit to anything besides Vhaltz. It does continue my general feeling better about Vhaltz that started at the end of last phase though.

uhhh that's not what I'm getting at

You said SB was scummy for proposing his plan.

Then when other people agreed with his plan, you said you weren't sure if they were scumbuddies or dumb town, and never came to a conclusion.

Evidently if you argue they're dumb town, it damages your case because it's an acknowledgment that SB's plan wasn't innately scummy.

You were essentially ignoring other people to justify your case on SB.

Oh, I guess I slightly misunderstood your question/poke. Herpderp, I'm amazing at this game.

Idk if I ever bothered covering "those who agreed with his plans", actually. I'd have to relook over my posts, but atm, I'm kinda lazy so I don't feel like doing so currently. Seemed too much of a hassle at the time to elaborate on people who were willing to jump on the idea, and if people were silly enough to hyper tunnel Vhaltz right off the bat during ED1, then what's another notion towards jumping towards an equally silly idea? Was pretty much my mindset.

TL;DR: The thought process in itself didn't warrant much time/effort in my head. I just said things how I saw them, and that's about it. That and it was easy to see that, despite it being a bad idea, I was the only one who really saw it as merit of finding someone like SB slightly scummy for it, so I let it sit like that. Too much fuss was being made over his bad idea = the general consensus, so I lost interest in pursuing the supporters of said idea.

So, if it wound up with me ignoring the people, it was likely due to the fact that the case as a whole was being ignored as a result. Some things aren't worth scrabbling after, and god knows I'm someone who's likely to chase and tunnel on small things, even when I (more often than not) end up tripping over and finding that the person's actually townie doing something that I just didn't agree with (IE. I've done so with Prims, Manix, Shino, and others in past games). Tends to happen a lot in my case. It doesn't mean I still don't think SB is scummy/slightly dirty over the affair itself, but I'm not going to bother spurring for a wagon either when I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few who still find/have any issues with SB atm. As you said at the end of last day phase, it's pretty much a waste of time.

Fair enough. tbh I'm willing to drop this for now because you have at least posted some things I regard as townie and have pseudo-confirmed town vouching for you.

Shin, are you still reading? Poly hasn't really been posting inactively; he's #7 on the posters list (#6 if you don't count Elie) and makes fair-sized posts when he's around. Given that most of your post is town-reads and you have no vote yet I'm finding you questionable.

will read up soon but I find it hilarious that the mafia (or someone) janned my rolecop target.

Baldrick was vanilla

well that gives us a grand total of zero useful info (no offense)

also Prims I know Eury's flavour via my other ability and she's not scum

Flavor as in character name and stuff? That doesn't for sure give Eury a free pass I don't think. Also wait, does that mean you have OC with Eury? You realize that people can lie about flavor, right? And that Eli usually is willing to supply fake flavor if you ask? Or at least verify that fake flavor you make up is legit? Just like... don't make judgements off of claimed flavor. At least not "99.9% sure" judgement.

The character she claims to have isn't one that I suspect Elie would leave out of the setup as a normal character, so it seems legit (besides, if that stupid bandage guy can get in, then so can Eury's claimed character). She's also claiming VT, and hasn't told me of any cards she's used.

Also, yes, I have OC with her for this day phase. I figured that if I could clear her, that removes a possible mislynch target.

Also, yes, I have OC with her for this day phase. I figured that if I could clear her, that removes a possible mislynch target.

You having OC with her doesn't clear her unless you're a really weird neighbourizer

Not feeling good about bearclaw at present.

-He switches from his RVS vote to Randa before phase end and doesn't follow up except with "I wouldn't lynch Vhaltz, personally." No reasoning there as to why.

-Claims that Garland/Baldrick was VT, but this isn't verifiable, and an extremely easy claim to fake. I also don't see why you'd decide to investigate someone who was silent the whole day, as opposed to one of the remaining three wagons that were popular yesterday.

##Vote: bearclaw

Also bothered by Shinori, somewhat. I'm getting bad vibes from his general lack of comment and lurking before phase end. I don't feel comfortable voting him now, though, since he's explained why he's been short on time recently and I definitely want to hear his sub's perspective if he does request one.