What was your first videogame you played?

MisterIceTeaPeach

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents didn't get me video games as a kid so Pokemon Fire Red ~10 at a friend's house

Haha, that's pretty neat. Well uh, not the first part but how your first game was a remake of what was many people's (I probably messed up with the grammar there) first game.

donkey kong country

or was it nba jam.....

it was one of those games

omg.

I remember NBA Jam. That shit was gr9. I used to have it and it was like the only sports game i owned outside of NES Golf.

• 4 weeks later...

Joint first games I've ever played were Diablo 1 and StarCraft 1+ Brood War expansion back in 1999. Those were the good times where I got super scared of The Butcher in the first few levels of the Cathedral, Diablo's menu screen laugh and the soundtrack in general. Playing against my dad and my cousins were always super fun. And when I got a game I could call my own ever, not my cousins' or dad's, but my own - oh boy. Princess Maker 3 ftw!

The first ones I actually remember playing were Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot as well as Spyro. But apparently I played Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Zelda 1 and 2, Kirby and Earthbound from what my parents and aunts told me. Go figure I got a crap memory lol.

Super mario world/kirby super star

Or... Pokemon blue? I forget.

My brothet wouldnt let me touch the n64, haha

Super mario world and kurby were the fukken shit. I loved them. Pokemon blue i never got very far in. I think I always only got as far as the ss anne cause I had no idea what the fuck i was supposed to do. In my defense, I barely knew any english back then

Edited by Stolypin Necktie

Let's see. For very very first, my parents' old desktop computer had a bunch of enhanced remakes of a bunch of older games like Lode Runner, Arkanoid (Breakout), and the like.

For first real gaming experience, Donkey Kong Country on the GameBoy Color (Yes, Country, not Land).

For first console gaming experience, a trifecta of Crash Bash for PS1, the PS1 port of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Gran Turismo 3 for PS2 when I got my PS2 for Christmas of '01.

Sonic 2, as set up in an arcade style cabinet in my dentist's waiting room. I have honestly never played another sonic game since. Maybe I'll get the VC rerelease. First game i owned was game boy super mario land. Second(and the first one i really liked) was pokemon red.

Edited by sirmola