What was your first videogame you played?

MisterIceTeaPeach

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1998...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. (I don't know which one I played the first, probably the former)

I'm a TLoZ fan since then...

Edited by Naughx

Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart or DKC1/2.. i can't really remember which one was the first due to being only about 4 y.o. back then when i played them, but these are the only games i can remember playing as a child at all, so it has to be one of these.

Donkey Kong, 1982 or '83.

Hey, same here.

Dis shit, right?

v3hcie.png

Yeah that was my first pretty much. I was like 4 or some junk.

You're telling me. :P

Heh, get in line. :P:

How old are you that Ruby is your first video game? I was in fifth grade when it came out...

North America on March 19, 2003, in Australia on April 3, 2003 and in Europe on July 25, 2003. [Pokemanz Ruby]

HOARY SHIT. You were in fifth grade....

I was turning 22.

*falls over*

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Those tabletop games were overrated. If you were player 2, you played the game upside-down. Many a bar did I go in as a kid where I had to play on those things to keep from being bored out of my mind. In my case, Donkey Kong was a stand-up - one of my first memories was standing on a crate to play at a pizza parlour - but I ended up playing Pac-Man on a tabletop often.

Going through this thread is amazing. There was a time when I would laugh when someone would say their first game, or first JRPG, was, say, Final Fantasy VII. Now kids are saying things like Pokemon Ruby. I was in high school when Red and Blue came out! 2003, I was in my last year in the US Navy! On this page, someone's first game was Crash Bandicoot. I was getting hickeys by that point! But what's funny is this: Crash is one of his favourite games of all time, to this day. It's not mine, despite the fact that it's objectively a superior game to Super Mario Bros., which was my favourite game when I was a young child and is still one of my own favourites, and what I still call the greatest game of all time.

TETRIS. And dammit I was good at it!

I remember having my first Sapphire cartridge stolen, along with the rest of my purse, in college. Sheesh, I feel old!

Yeah, Ruby was the first Pokemon game I actually bought with my own money and then when Diamond/Pearl came out I went with friends to get my copy (as opposed to my parents). Platinum came out the year I graduated from high school.

But I can't say I feel old because people like Superbus are in here one-upping me even though my and his first games were technically the same.

Yeah, Ruby was the first Pokemon game I actually bought with my own money and then when Diamond/Pearl came out I went with friends to get my copy (as opposed to my parents). Platinum came out the year I graduated from high school.

But I can't say I feel old because people like Superbus are in here one-upping me even though my and his first games were technically the same.

I am not kidding, if I say, that my first Pokémon games are x + y. I have never played one single game of this series before :unsure:, because I hated these creatures (Pokémon) in the TV series. But I never knew, that the Pokémon games were great RPG games. After watching a review of x + y, I bought them. And now I am so impressed, that I want to play more Pokémon games :lol:.

Godthanks my taste of videogames changed over time.

Super Mario Kart, I think. I was about three, though.

I've responded to people who said they played Diamond and Pearl when they were like 6 or 7... I was starting high school when those games came out.

It gets better: Someone who was born on the day Ruby & Sapphire came out in North America will be turning eleven tomorrow, which means they're probably in fifth grade.

Don't worry, as someone who is apparently a year older than you (was not expecting that, to be honest), I'm feeling pretty old, too.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Either Zelda II or Super Mario Bros on NES. I can't remember which.

Edited by Rollertoaster

The first game I ever played was Super Mario All stars+ Mario world for the Snes. It was a good start to gaming since it had every 2d Mario up to then on it.

I believe I got Donkey Kong country 2 at the same time or sometime later.

Edited by Sasori

Those tabletop games were overrated. If you were player 2, you played the game upside-down. Many a bar did I go in as a kid where I had to play on those things to keep from being bored out of my mind. In my case, Donkey Kong was a stand-up - one of my first memories was standing on a crate to play at a pizza parlour - but I ended up playing Pac-Man on a tabletop often.

Going through this thread is amazing. There was a time when I would laugh when someone would say their first game, or first JRPG, was, say, Final Fantasy VII. Now kids are saying things like Pokemon Ruby. I was in high school when Red and Blue came out! 2003, I was in my last year in the US Navy! On this page, someone's first game was Crash Bandicoot. I was getting hickeys by that point! But what's funny is this: Crash is one of his favourite games of all time, to this day. It's not mine, despite the fact that it's objectively a superior game to Super Mario Bros., which was my favourite game when I was a young child and is still one of my own favourites, and what I still call the greatest game of all time.

Yeah. Being player 2 sucked but oh well. I used to love how cool the tabletops seemed. Pac-Man was actually a great tabletop game.

No joke, right? I graduated high school when Red and Blue were like, in their heyday. I was an independent study/home school program so i was doing a lot of partying during those days and i didnt play pokemanz. My friends' little siblings were playing that shit. Dude, i laughed when people said their first Zelda was OoT. Now, its hella common and just about everyone's first Zelda was OoT. Omg. 2003/04? I remember playing...<beat> Fire Emblem for the first time! Got it Christmas of 2003. Shit was gr9.

My first Pokemanz game? I think that was urmm...LeafGreen actually. I was really late to the Pokemanz Party.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson