What was your first videogame you played?

MisterIceTeaPeach

Hello everybody :rolleyes:

What was your first videogame you played?

My first videogame was Kirby´s Dreamland for the Gameboy in 1993. It was a very short, but an absoluty classic game. This intodruced me to the world of videogames and platformer-games (Super Mario, Donkey Kong). Today, 20 laters I still play this genre of games.

Maybe you got an interesting story about your first videogame. Please share, if you want. Your story would interest me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Although when I was 4 I did play some hockey game on my brother's PS1. I don't consider pressing random buttons and losing the match a valid first video game experience.

Well, that's a bit difficult.

The thing is, I probably played my first game while I was recovering in an hospital back when I was five years old. It was a Formula 1 racing game that another kid in the hospital kindly borrowed me along with his Game Boy.

So there is not a whole lot I can recall to narrow down which particular Formula 1 or Formula 1 lookalike it was. I only remember that the game definitely had pit stops.

As far as for games that I can actually remember and got to play probably, it's a tie between WarCraft II, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1 and the Jazz Jackrabbit demo.

No idea which was first. Probably WarCraft II.

Edited by BrightBow

Pretty sure it was Super Mario 64. Probably why it's my favorite Mario game.

*shot*

It was my favourite of the Mario-series too and my second favourite N64-game behind Conker´s Bad Fur Day.

Mario Kart 64

My first game for the N64 and I spend many long nights with my friends and parents :B):

Well, that's a bit difficult.

The thing is, I probably played my first game while I was recovering in an hospital back when I was five years old. It was a Formula 1 racing game that another kid in the hospital kindly borrowed me along with his Game Boy.

So there is not a whole lot I can recall to narrow down which particular Formula 1 or Formula 1 lookalike it was. I only remember that the game definitely had pit stops.

As far as for games that I can actually remember and got to play probably, it's a tie between WarCraft II, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1 and the Jazz Jackrabbit demo.

No idea which was first. Probably WarCraft II.

I believe it was "F1-spirit", which had pitstops. I only played the other F1 game "F-1 Race".

Earliest I can remember is Donkey Kong on Game Boy some time in the mid 90s after my brother received it for his birthday. However, what I don't remember is getting a SNES, so possibly something on that, but it's too far back to recall.

umm... Prince of Persia (1989), Aladdin (1993) on the SNES. Or was it The Zelda (1991) game on the SNES? Interestingly the games I played were before I was born (1994). So mainly it was my older bro and parents playing them When I was fiddling around with the controls till I was able to actually play them.

I believe it was "F1-spirit", which had pitstops. I only played the other F1 game "F-1 Race".

Thank you for the guess. Judging by footage on Youtube, this one has a good chance of actually being the one.

umm... Prince of Persia (1989), Aladdin (1993) on the SNES. Or was it The Zelda (1991) game on the SNES? Interestingly the games I played were before I was born (1994). So mainly it was my older bro and parents playing them When I was fiddling around with the controls till I was able to actually play them.

I've beaten Aladdin more times than I can count. That game was awesome.

yup, but my first few years playing the game involved me biting and drooling over the controllers so I can't say exactly "what" was the first video game I started playing for real. Perhaps Donkey Kong Country (1994) was the game I recall really getting into.

Edited by sifer

I could never tell you. I don't have any memories of what I played when I was really young. I remember Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt Super Mario 64, and Melee for sure. Some series like Suikoden and Final Fantasy took me a long time to get into, so I definitely wasn't one of those.